Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    *Shrugs* It would be nice if they do. However, I have most of the pets already and hit the stupid 1000 pet cap a while ago... :|
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    According to warcraftpets.com, the current number of new pets in Legion is nearly 100, and the beta isn't even finished yet. Add to this 50+ new pets which will be added throughout Legion and we'll reach 900+ unique pets by the end of the expansion.

Just a 700 unique pets achievement would be insulting to collectors at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    According to warcraftpets.com, the current number of new pets in Legion is nearly 100, and the beta isn't even finished yet. Add to this 50+ new pets which will be added throughout Legion and we'll reach 900+ unique pets by the end of the expansion.

Just a 700 unique pets achievement would be insulting to collectors at this point.
    As a collector with 750 unique pets I am not 'insulted' by the achievement being at 700. Yes it is a little low once we are talking Legion and all of the new pets but nothing is stopping Blizz from making a new achievement midway in Legion to go to 800 or whatever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    As a collector with 750 unique pets I am not 'insulted' by the achievement being at 700. Yes it is a little low once we are talking Legion and all of the new pets but nothing is stopping Blizz from making a new achievement midway in Legion to go to 800 or whatever.
    Something stopped them during WoD, which is the point of this thread. Thanks for your input.

Something stopped them during WoD, which is the point of this thread. Thanks for your input.
    Actually based on your first and second posts in the thread you are talking about why the achievements are not in Legion right now. And Legion is in beta thus they might not have gotten to the achievement yet. One of the new pets that has been datamined could well be the achievement pet. You are complaining about something that has nothing to do with WoD. So, thanks for your input.

And keep posting more off topic stuff and stop quoting me if you don't have anything worthwhile to say.
    I will quote who I want, thanks. I am not posting off topic either because I am talking about posts you made in this very thread. If you feel I am off topic feel free to report me or put me on ignore. Just because you don't like what was said that is not my problem. Thanks for your input.

On topic, I will start a thread about some pet related issues on the beta forums and make sure to bring up an achievement.

Good luck.
    Thanks. You just seem upset that fellow pet collectors with as many pets as you are not 'insulted' about the achievement. But hey whatever works for you. Instead of getting upset and complaining in a thread on MMO-champ I am going to try and provide useful input and see if something comes of it.

achievements got casual, remember when it was 70 exalted reps? i had that, got the achievement then they lowered it to 60 :s

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. You just seem upset that fellow pet collectors with as many pets as you are not 'insulted' about the achievement. But hey whatever works for you. Instead of getting upset and complaining in a thread on MMO-champ I am going to try and provide useful input and see if something comes of it.
    he wants to play ele shaman but it's always fucked up, so it's a state of permanently insulted, i understand that feeling as an ele shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    achievements got casual, remember when it was 70 exalted reps? i had that, got the achievement then they lowered it to 60 :s

- - - Updated - - -

he wants to play ele shaman but it's always fucked up, so it's a state of permanently insulted, i understand that feeling as an ele shaman.
    Well I didn't know the background story but it is no reason to get snippy at other people when talking about pet collecting.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Now I feel a little less insulted. <3

- - - Updated - - -

Well I didn't know the background story but it is no reason to get snippy at other people when talking about pet collecting.
    Yes, sorry. We should all be a big family, helping each other out. I usually fight my wars elsewhere, but we are at peace currently over there at the Shaman forums.

Now I feel a little less insulted. <3

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, sorry. We should all be a big family, helping each other out. I usually fight my wars elsewhere, but we are at peace currently over there at the Shaman forums.
    heh I am in the middle of a small type of war on the balance druid side of things so I can understand that. One thing I do like is usually the pet community is pretty good. I don't know how many of you are familiar with warcraftpets but I've had great discussions/trading during the past few years there.

But back on topic, should we try and suggest that a 700 (and maybe 800) achievement needs to be added for Legion? I think we'll top out around 850 potential unique pets with 800ish being more realistic as the potential end goal for people without CE/RAF pets and so on.

Deleted
    heh I am in the middle of a small type of war on the balance druid side of things so I can understand that. One thing I do like is usually the pet community is pretty good. I don't know how many of you are familiar with warcraftpets but I've had great discussions/trading during the past few years there.

But back on topic, should we try and suggest that a 700 (and maybe 800) achievement needs to be added for Legion? I think we'll top out around 850 potential unique pets with 800ish being more realistic as the potential end goal for people without CE/RAF pets and so on.
    Sounds like a solid plan. 700 is a must have IMO, and a 800 one would serve as an incentive for hardcore collectors, or a similar achievement with X amount of max. level pets.

There's already one for leveling, maybe just add bonus experience X% as reward.

Winning 5 PvP battles as weekly event is very boring. Maybe make something about the Celestial Tournament or beating master trainers of continent X as optional completion path.

There's so much win trading and botting inside the PvP battle queue, maybe let the achievement count for duels also. And enable PvP battles in Raids again. It was possible in ToT and Highmaul anyways.

Thinking of the legendary Pokemon in the Johto region, the dogs. Maybe create a questline where we kind of release a wow version of these dog type pokemon, with a way to hunt them across Azeroth.

This one is bigger now. Thinking of all the "new game+" modes in many games, add one for pet battles also. Kind of a Pokemon meme if you wish to look at it this way. We basically chose one out of 3 new starter battle pets and go on our usual journey across all continents. When we manage to beat this NG+ mode we'll be awarded with the starter battle pet. Details can be adjusted accordingly.
    Last edited by mmoc59b5827c7e; 2016-05-28 at 12:17 PM.

Heh I stopped playing my sham a year ago and I still feel insulted every time I see the changes. I know that feel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Heh I stopped playing my sham a year ago and I still feel insulted every time I see the changes. I know that feel.
    I actually want to make this my new signature.

Cant spot this achievement on wowhead... and im close to 800 unique pets on live currently.
    Sure you are, only that the arsenal reports "only" 740 unique and WarcraftPets.com 765.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadocat View Post
    Sure you are, only that the arsenal reports "only" 740 unique and WarcraftPets.com 765.
    Never counted them before I created this thread. I knew I had well over 700, and with 2 missing pets I'm damn closer to 800 than most of the people.

Also, Legion adds 100+ pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadocat View Post
    If we're talking the armory it shows 749 collected and 4 missing for me with one of those 4 actually unobtainable in NA/EU and wcp possible max for EU/NA is 757. Trust me it is 757 you can not get over that unless you have a chinese/korean/etc account.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like a solid plan. 700 is a must have IMO, and a 800 one would serve as an incentive for hardcore collectors, or a similar achievement with X amount of max. level pets.

There's already one for leveling, maybe just add bonus experience X% as reward.

Winning 5 PvP battles as weekly event is very boring. Maybe make something about the Celestial Tournament or beating master trainers of continent X as optional completion path.

There's so much win trading and botting inside the PvP battle queue, maybe let the achievement count for duels also. And enable PvP battles in Raids again. It was possible in ToT and Highmaul anyways.

Thinking of the legendary Pokemon in the Johto region, the dogs. Maybe create a questline where we kind of release a wow version of these dog type pokemon, with a way to hunt them across Azeroth.

This one is bigger now. Thinking of all the "new game+" modes in many games, add one for pet battles also. Kind of a Pokemon meme if you wish to look at it this way. We basically chose one out of 3 new starter battle pets and go on our usual journey across all continents. When we manage to beat this NG+ mode we'll be awarded with the starter battle pet. Details can be adjusted accordingly.
    The one thing I don't have much experience with 'yet' is the 110 pet quests on beta right now. I got in late in Alpha and character reset for beta happened before I hit 110. Beta has been really buggy for me (until now) and so I haven't gotten there yet either. I'll be doing it soon and can test that content out and give feedback. I agree that if the only option for a weekly is 5 pvp battles that sounds very underwhelming. When I get to test those events myself I'll provide some feedback/suggestions.

Thing is, warcraftpets is counting pets that do not count for any achievement.
    Like the Guild Herald and Page you could have on both sides but it would not matter at all.
    And quite some are not even obtainable.

So yes, 750 would be a great collection and a number I can not possible get close to because that includes all of the TCG and CE pets,
    not to mention past Blizzcon pets.
    I am past 700 myself and at this point it would cost me thousands of Euros and millions of gold to get only these of the 35 the arsenal has listed for me as missing that I actually have a chance to get.
    But then 750 is in no way "close to 800 unique pets on live currently". Damn close to perfection, but not close to 800.

That said, yes, 700 is possible now, 800 is possible with Legion, there should be achievements for that.

Deleted
    At no point someone asked for the 800 one for live. But the 700 should've been introduced with 6.2.

It'd be an awesome feat to hit that achievement that early - and achievements are about prestige / showing off.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferwyn View Post
    Where the hell do you get 3 cappuccinos for 5 euros?!?
    in the place where was invented: in italy
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat