Poll: Will "Warcraft" sell enough tickets (~37.3m) to land in the top 200?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I think a lot of you are overestimating the Warcraft/Blizzard "fanbase." Yes, as far as computer games go, WoW is pretty big and a good number of people have at least heard of it. But top 200 movies of all time? I really, really doubt that. It does not even come close to comparing to, say, MCU like some people here seem to think it does. Besides, the advanced reviews coming out are pretty dismal, and that alone will probably turn a lot of people off from it - particularly people who aren't die-hard Warcraft fans.

Hell, I'm a day 1 WoW player, still playing to this day, and I probably won't go see it in theaters. Most people I know that play WoW are the same way.

won't even come close
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Well...I've yet to see the movie...but if the storyline was written by the same geniuses that wrote WoD...then all I can say is that it's time for Blizzard Entertainment to go file Chapter 11 (or is it 13?) They will have become the 2nd company I've personally seen go from one bad decision to worse. (Fucking up WoW fanbase should deserve some penalty)

But...I will try to be as objective as possible when viewing the movie...*spits*
    Blizzard as a company, has amazingly profitable IP that isn't even Warcraft, and even non-WoW Warcraft (Hearthstone) with shockingly high profit.

They're nowhere near any financial hardship lol.

From another thread:

@ 16.3 million dollars, barely in theaters, well before the big markets (10% of budget attained)

https://deadline.com/2016/05/warcraf...ce-1201763736/

http://movieweb.com/warcraft-movie-b...ening-weekend/

"The movie took in $9.3M on Thursday, invading a total of 20 markets. The movie is currently #1 at the foreign box office in 19 of those, defying expectations all around. According to Deadline, the movie is looking at a weekend cume of $30M."
    Last edited by OreoLover; 2016-05-28 at 09:37 PM.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Twilight is even more niche than Warcraft if it can get all its movies in the top 200 the Warcraft movie can do it easy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Twilight is even more niche than Warcraft if it can get all its movies in the top 200 the Warcraft movie can do it easy.
    I think "(Vampire, eternal) love story" is a big boost, rather than a hindrance such as "video game based, action adventure" or whatever people see Warcraft as.

Fair point, though.

Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    I think "(Vampire, eternal) love story" is a big boost, rather than a hindrance such as "video game based, action adventure" or whatever people see Warcraft as.

Fair point, though.
    Well, Twilight DEFINITELY doesn't deserve it more.

Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    Blizzard as a company, has amazingly profitable IP that isn't even Warcraft, and even non-WoW Warcraft (Hearthstone) with shockingly high profit.

They're nowhere near any financial hardship lol.
    Explains why they don't even bother with WoW.

They turned that game into shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ultimately, it's another videogame movie. Those typically don't do well in either sales or ratings.

Don't think it'll come in the top 200.

Hell, I've been playing WoW since it came out and I'm waiting for reviews of this movie before I go to watch it. If it doesn't get above average reviews, I'm not bothering.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    LOL, at its core Twilight is as mainstream as you can get. Teenage love story with angst thrown in, its like a John Hughes movie with vampires.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Explains why they don't even bother with WoW.

They turned that game into shit.
    I respect that opinion.

I hope they do better by old fans, eventually, even if they're mostly gone for good.

They definitely have obstacles to pulling that off, same as this movie. Seems the movie has passed the $30 million estimates, even, which I hope continues to revitalize Warcraft material.

This did abysmally worse than even I could predict, it had week 2 box office numbers for its first week.

its current rank domestically is #2007
    Last edited by Feredir; 2016-06-20 at 03:52 PM.