I just realized something. The actors playing the characters which die in this movie could still come back in future movies. As CGI characters! If they fit the role, obviously!

As we have said multiple times, Toby Kebbell could easily play Thrall, since he will have somewhat a face like his father! Also Toby himself has stated he'd like to play the role as well.

I could see Dominic Cooper having a CGI role. They did it for Toby with him playing both Durotan and a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    I just realized something. The actors playing the characters which die in this movie could still come back in future movies. As CGI characters! If they fit the role, obviously!

As we have said multiple times, Toby Kebbell could easily play Thrall, since he will have somewhat a face like his father! Also Toby himself has stated he'd like to play the role as well.

I could see Dominic Cooper having a CGI role. They did it for Toby with him playing both Durotan and a human.
    And the other way around, too: CGI characters could return as humans.

I threw the idea out a couple days ago, but barely anyone noticed or wanted to speculate about it.

Another seemingly obvious one would be Clancy Brown playing Rend Blackhand.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2016-05-28 at 10:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Warcraft would have been the right kind of movie to have an outstanding soundtrack.
    I don't feel this movie is "epic" enough for that though. I don't even think this was meant to be particularly "epic" as more as set up for actually epic-scaled sequels. I didn't watch the movie yet but to me it feels less of an actual war movie (which still kinda is, to an extent) and more of an adventure/action movie meant to establish a new universe and prepare it for when war will become a very huge deal. Well, anyone who watched the movie can either confirm or dismiss this impression of mine, but that's the feel I'm getting from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    The music of Warcraft III and more so WoW is absolutely mind-blowingly good. I have to admit, when I watch Warcraft, if I don't get something similarly good (I know I wont), I will be slightly disappointed. I know it's not a realistic thing to expect, but I associate awesome music with Warcraft and my mind will be wanting some of it when I'll be watching the movie.
    I fight that feeling back by utterly disconnecting game and movie in my head. In fact, I'll probably try to refer to the novels rather than the game, to enjoy the movie as an adaptation of what I imagined myself when I read the novels rather than think at the game directly.

Besides, I just know too well that no matter how good a game soundtrack is, it's still mood music. I can follow the pacing of the movie and adapt to what I see and the feelings it gives to me without thinking about much else.

- - - Updated - - -

And the other way around, too: CGI characters could return as humans.
    Another seemingly obvious one would be Clancy Brown playing Rend Blackhand.
    Speaking of which, someone mentioned Genn Greymane played by Clancy himself. I would totally second that. Make him grow a bit of a beard and he's perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw that Rob Kazinsky retweeted this. I think it's a bit hilarious. https://twitter.com/HoneybunsDB/stat...18053076635648

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/736334710725480448

Seriously IGN, this is why I can't take your website seriously. I love how the video just glosses over the fact that it has been a massive success in every country it has opened in so far and that in China it might be one of the largest openings rivalling some of the biggest hits in that region.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Speaking of which, someone mentioned Genn Greymane played by Clancy himself. I would totally second that. Make him grow a bit of a beard and he's perfect.
    He could totally work as Greymane!

Daniel Wu could totally play an elf. Is there any main character male elves coming up? Give him those roles

Also check out this article which speaks the truth
    http://www.inquisitr.com/3143482/war...rring-opinions

While the Warcraft movie may not satisfy the serious and dark itch of fans of the Game of Thrones series, it certainly has a bright and accessible adventure vibe.
    Yeah, Durotan dying by having his body drain from life, becoming thin and getting his body cracked... is not dark at all...

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    I fight that feeling back by utterly disconnecting game and movie in my head. In fact, I'll probably try to refer to the novels rather than the game, to enjoy the movie as an adaptation of what I imagined myself when I read the novels rather than think at the game directly.
    Well, you can only refer to The Last Guardian which only has to do with a few characters which show up in this movie. So mostly, this movie is a thing for itself (unless for people who also player WC I, I'm not among them). And for that reason, I will mostly be capable of separating this movie from what the games are in my head.

However, when Warcraft III comes around, that will not even remotely be possible. Warcraft has been in my life since I was, what, a 6 year old? And I'm 20 now. I'll probably watch Arthas on the big screen as, what, a 30-35 year old? My brain will simply expect the music to overwhelm me in a similar way. Not that I was overwhelmed by the music during War III or WotLK, but later soundtracks kept reminding me of Arthas and reinforcing the tie to that music. It's why I have an emotional meltdown whenever I listen to Invincible. So yeah, willingly or not, I will expect an emotional meltdown even as a cause of music during the Arthas movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Besides, I just know too well that no matter how good a game soundtrack is, it's still mood music. I can follow the pacing of the movie and adapt to what I see and the feelings it gives to me without thinking about much else.
    I donno, to me, sometimes, music is much more than a simple tool to enhance the experience. Sometimes, it becomes absolutely integral in transforming the experience from something normal to something completely special. Certain soundtracks, paired with their accompanying event, can send chills throughout my body from head to toe, when such a thing would not have happened without said soundtrack or a similar one. Those are the most precious moments to me when watching a film. The march of the Rohirrim in The Return of the King or the assembling of the tribes in Avatar being the prime examples. I literally felt things in my chest I can't even begin to describe during those two scenes. I know, nerd level over 9000.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    Yeah, Durotan dying by having his body drain from life, becoming thin and getting his body cracked... is not dark at all...
    Or, you know, his wife being killed on top of it. Llane dying too. Although, I can understand people not noticing the latter as a GoT-ian element due to Cooper's acting.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2016-05-28 at 11:02 PM.

Or, you know, his wife being killed on top of it. Llane dying too. Although, I can understand people not noticing the latter as a GoT-ian element due to Cooper's acting.
    Just the very fact that certain characters die in very brutal ways is enough to have the movie be called dark IMO. I am surprised by the 11+ rating here in Denmark XD

Deleted
    God the Variety review has 225 comments, with 200 of them spitting on the reviewer. Guess who's gonna get fired ?

Quote Originally Posted by Isurith View Post
    God the Variety review has 225 comments, with 200 of them spitting on the reviewer. Guess who's gonna get fired ?
    Youtube is also full of insults towards critics who are negative about this movie. While I don't think some of them are being fair with Warcraft, it seems a bit sectarian to defend it like that.

I think the best that can be done is have other critics explain why those reviews aren't good, like Bellular did in the last 3 minutes of his review.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are so many deaths as well as graphical violence in this movie that are not too far off from being on a similar level as the Red Wedding. For instance, an Orc getting decapitated, Blackhand's fingers getting blown off by a boomstick, Lothar's son getting impaled by Blackhand while Lothar is watching helplessly, Orcs getting their bodies melted by Medivh draining the Fel energies out of them, soliders getting their necks snapped, bodies smashed, and heads crushed, Orcs exploding by Gul'dan controlling the Fel in their bodies, and corpses that have been drained dry just to name a few. Let's not forget the most disturbing scene in the entire film where one of the main characters, Durotan, is becoming a lifeless, veiny, and thin husk by Gul'dan slowly draining him while he is crushing Durotan in his arms.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2016-05-28 at 11:21 PM.

Deleted
    Youtube is also full of insults towards critics who are negative about this movie. While I don't think some of them are being fair with Warcraft, it seems a bit sectarian to defend it like that.

I think the best that can be done is have other critics explain why those reviews aren't good, like Bellular did in the last 3 minutes of his review.
    Maybe, but it doesn't take long to understand what's wrong with the Variety's review. And an article being spammed by negative comment on the journalist, that suck for the newspaper's image.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Well, you can only refer to The Last Guardian which only has to do with a few characters which show up in this movie. So mostly, this movie is a thing for itself (unless for people who also player WC I, I'm not among them).
    Actually more than that, basically the whole arc going from Rise of the Horde to Beyond the Dark Portal. Yeah, this particular movie doesn't treat all that stuff but deal with several characters involved in such arc. So watching this movie is like jumping in all that for me.

However, when Warcraft III comes around, that will not even remotely be possible. Warcraft has been in my life since I was, what, a 6 year old? And I'm 20 now. I'll probably watch Arthas on the big screen as, what, a 30-35 year old? My brain will simply expect the music to overwhelm me in a similar way. Not that I was overwhelmed by the music during War III or WotLK, but later soundtracks kept reminding me of Arthas and reinforcing the tie to that music. It's why I have an emotional meltdown whenever I listen to Invincible. So yeah, willingly or not, I will expect an emotional meltdown even as a cause of music during the Arthas movie.
    Oh I understand utterly. But to be honest, if I don't manage to play WC3 at least one more time before that happens I'll hardly remember anything of that game, music included xD

I donno, to me, sometimes, music is much more than a simple tool to enhance the experience. Sometimes, it becomes absolutely integral in transforming the experience from something normal to something completely special. Certain soundtracks, paired with their accompanying event, can send chills throughout my body from head to toe, when such a thing would not have happened without said soundtrack or a similar one. At that point, the music can even become more important than the event itself.
    I see and kinda feel what you mean, but I personally stick to my impression that this isn't the kind of movie where an incredibly outstanding soundtrack would fit anyway.

Or, you know, Llane dying (...) I can understand people not noticing the latter as a GoT-ian element due to Cooper's acting.
    To be fair, the event itself has always been more important than the character in the first place. Which is probably why Llane's death feels kind of meh in this movie. In the original lore you didn't really care about him, but acknowledged how the king's death caused the fall of Stormwind. In this case there's no such a direct consequence from his death so the whole thing is kinda moot. With no fall of Stormwind, you're supposed to care for the character. But Llane was never the sort of character you were going to madly care about.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2016-05-28 at 11:34 PM.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Deleted
    The most memorable soundtrack from LOTR are coming from relatively calm moment on the movies, like passing through a mountain, or walking across an open valley, or during small skirmish and discussions.

Actually there is like... 0 moment like this in Warcraft (which is imo what it lacks the most) except maybe when they travel to the dark portal the first time, or when they go to Kharazan the first time. But those times last like what... 5sec ? Nothing fantastic. So no, there's no reason to have memorable soundtrack out of the main theme.

But that's really sad for me, tbh.

Just returned from the cinema and the movie is great, but I can understand the critics who are not into fantasy movies. Pacing is quite bad at times and for me, it seems to lack those atmospheric scenes, like a fly over shot over Stormwind or some other areas, just to let the story sink in for a bit. I bet the Director's Cut would fix most of the things I've felt were missing.

I actually did care about Llane. Just by the fact that he'd rather die than having Garona suffer or die herself is very heroic. If he didn't let her kill him, she would probably had died herself.

The most memorable soundtrack from LOTR are coming from relatively calm moment on the movies, like passing through a mountain, or walking across an open valley, or during small skirmish and discussions.

Actually there is like... 0 moment like this in Warcraft (which is imo what it lacks the most) except maybe when they travel to the dark portal the first time, or when they go to Kharazan the first time. But those times last like what... 5sec ? Nothing fantastic. So no, there's no reason to have memorable soundtrack out of the main theme.

But that's really sad for me, tbh.
    This, I think they should have focused more on some calm themes in the movie, that would have made the movie a ton better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loppy88 View Post
    This, I think they should have focused more on some calm themes in the movie, that would have made the movie a ton better.
    With the pacing it got? I really can't imagine it.

And honestly call me weird but I don't see the "calm" LOTR tracks into the Warcraft franchise. Now, regardless of how rushed this movie generally felt, I always knew Warcraft was going to be much more fast paced than that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by loppy88 View Post
    Not necessarily calm themes, but something for a long journey through elwynn, redriges, swamp of sorrow for the first time they get to the Dark Portal, with large camera plan on each zone to show how beautiful and varied the world is.

There we could have an epic and memorable soundtrack.
    And an epic and memorable cinematographic moment, as reference the journey of the Fellowship after they left Rivendell.

With the pacing it got? I really can't imagine it.

And honestly call me weird but I don't see the "calm" LOTR tracks into the Warcraft franchise. Now, regardless of how rushed this movie generally felt, I always knew Warcraft was going to be much more fast paced than that.
    I can't really explain it, you will just have to see for yourself. I didn't get it when people here were talking about it, but the first 5 mins into the movie made me understand. It feels kind of sloppy, but I refuse to believe it's Duncan's fault.

- - - Updated - - -

Not necessarily calm themes, but something for a long journey through elwynn, redriges, swamp of sorrow for the first time they get to the Dark Portal, with large camera plan on each zone to show how beautiful and varied the world is.

There we could have an epic and memorable soundtrack.
    And an epic and memorable cinematographic moment, as reference the journey of the Fellowship after they left Rivendell.
    Yeah, this would do, just something to slow the pace a bit. Nothing wrong with a little break to get the know the characters better and connect with them.

its makes me tingle in all my fun places to know what some of us already knew about this thing called a movie...

the only place you see "good" reviews is in mmo... everywhere else is torn apart