Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Tronald Drump makes Cthululu's crack arid. That is the real drought plaguing California.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boberino View Post
    They already have enough salt water.
    But his tears are best tears and he knows people who know tears and they say his tears are incredible.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    But his tears are best tears and he knows people who know tears and they say his tears are the incredible.
    Yuge tears.

Cali types will be angry at Trump but they won't speak a word against their local "do as I say not as I do" elite.

While drought-stricken Californians are being told to turn off lawn sprinklers, avoid washing their cars and leave their swimming pools empty to conserve water, many of Hollywood's famous liberal celebrities are acting as though the four-year drought doesn't exist.

In posh Beverly Hills mansions of some wealthy TV and movie stars, flowers are blooming, grass is lush and green, and swimming pools and fountains are bubbling away.

In a helicopter survey, photographer John Chapple took photos of homes owned by Kanye West and Kim Kardashian, Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Playboy publisher Hugh Hefner and even liberal self-described environmentalist Barbra Streisand and found that while others' lawns are turning brown, the Tinseltown's stars are acting as if the drought doesn't even exist, the New York Post says.

http://www.newsmax.com/US/hollywood-.../11/id/643865/
    So if these celebs can act like the drought doesn't exist and get away with it then Trump can too, fair is fair guys.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    If trump says there is NO drought. Then by God there is no drought. Hasn't anybody learned anything yet. Trumps rule is absolute. If he gets up tomorrow and says there is no such thing as racism, then trump will forever be know as the guy who fixed racism. Trump is a Demi-god, everybody knows that. Don't you know that?

Seriously though. That mentality is a by product of Narcissism. If only that was as bad as it could get. The first time some other country looks at trump and says "NO"!!! He will most likely go back to the white house, lay in the floor and start kicking and punching the air, crying and throwing his tantrum. Moments latter he's gonna be like I'll show them and the american ppl just volunteered (I say volunteered because the crazy sob is gonna be elected President so its on the american ppl whatever crazy he decides) for WW3 and People thats not far from the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    This is an interesting idea that's crept into mainstream consciousness of how the birther movement came to be. I'm going to let Wiki describe the origins and popularization of the movement:

OK, sure, but Trump did engage in this shit, right? Right. Here's when:

So, about three years after some nutty Hillary supporters cooked up the idea and about two years after it was popular enough that Snopes dealt with it.
    I never said, or thought, that Trump came up with the idea. Clearly everything you posted from Wikipedia is the truth of what happened. And as you can see Donald Trump has his own section in that article. All I said was that he popularized it. Now we can argue as to what is the proper definition or usage of the word "popularize". But just you having the perception that the idea you thought I had was something that had crept into "mainstream consciousness" is an indication that such is the case, that even you actually knew that. And you know, that isn't even to say it was popularized by him alone. But that he was a major driver of popularizing it is so prevalent not the least in Obama's White House Correspondence dinner speech a few years ago when they switched to a shot of Trump as Obama made jokes about it. And clearly the Clinton campaign only did it to hurt Obama in the course of the campaign, they didn't actually believe it. It's those people who took that disinformation to their heart that later came to be the "birther movement" of which I was talking about. And most of the "birther movement" is just a collection of unorganized individuals who believe that stuff, most of whom are unkowns, whereas Donald Trump is very well known, and as such he came to be an inofficial spokesperson for said "movement" helping to make that piece of disinformation well-heard-of and to get stuck in the minds of people - aka popularizing it.

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0411/53563_Page3.html
    In addition to declaring the document a forgery, the birther movement’s main response – echoed by the ill-informed Trump - has been to claim that only a “long form” birth certificate can be valid.
    Last edited by Zarc; 2016-05-28 at 10:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We've all seen that plan. And we've all heard the problems with it.
    a) Mexican immigration is now in reverse. Adding fees to visas will spectacularly backfire as a source of revenue.
    b) It relies heavily on Mexico failing to respond. For example, immediately shutting down or heavily taxing US plants in Mexico. Or shipping all their winter fruit to Russia, who might buy it purely out of spite.
    c) It relies heavily on unproven numbers, such as the $24 billion number.
    d) It involves using the Patriot Act. That's right, the Patriot Act. Trump would basically be declaring Mexico, the country, terrorists.
    e) And of course, it relies heavily on the legality of creating a multi-billion debt and applying it to a foreign country without oversight or international agreement.

Source, source, and source.

If this were to happen, China could very easily say "US, you owe us $10 trillion" and apply exactly the same measures on us, unless we pay $5 trillion right now. Trump is playing a very delicate balancing act between what he wants to do with Mexico (which he claims will owe us a huge pile of money) and what he wants to do with China (who we all know we owe a huge pile of money). He seems to be working under the assumption that he can do with both what he did in all four of his bankruptcies: pay off the debt at a fraction of its original value. Countries don't work like businesses. The rules aren't the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boberino View Post
    Yuge tears.
    More Trump Tears incoming from his rally in San Diego:

"Trump Attacks Federal Judge in Trump U Case"

"In one of his most personal attacks against an apolitical figure since becoming the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, Donald Trump delivered an extended tirade about the federal judge overseeing the civil litigation against his defunct education program."

The tirade was over 12 minutes of his 58 minute speech.

“I have a judge who is a hater of Donald Trump, a hater. He’s a hater. His name is Gonzalo Curiel,” Mr. Trump said, as the crowd of several thousand booed. “He is not doing the right thing. And I figure, what the hell? Why not talk about it for two minutes?”

"To the San Diego crowd, Mr. Trump argued that Judge Curiel should be removed from the case because he is biased against him. The evidence Mr. Trump presented: Rulings against him and the fact that Judge Curial was appointed to the bench by President Barack Obama. "

But the piece de resitance:

“What happens is the judge, who happens to be, we believe, Mexican, which is great. I think that’s fine,” Mr. Trump said.

Judge Curiel was born in Indiana.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/0...-trump-u-case/
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    More Trump Tears incoming from his rally in San Diego:

"Trump Attacks Federal Judge in Trump U Case"

"In one of his most personal attacks against an apolitical figure since becoming the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, Donald Trump delivered an extended tirade about the federal judge overseeing the civil litigation against his defunct education program."

The tirade was over 12 minutes of his 58 minute speech.

“I have a judge who is a hater of Donald Trump, a hater. He’s a hater. His name is Gonzalo Curiel,” Mr. Trump said, as the crowd of several thousand booed. “He is not doing the right thing. And I figure, what the hell? Why not talk about it for two minutes?”

"To the San Diego crowd, Mr. Trump argued that Judge Curiel should be removed from the case because he is biased against him. The evidence Mr. Trump presented: Rulings against him and the fact that Judge Curial was appointed to the bench by President Barack Obama. "

But the piece de resitance:

“What happens is the judge, who happens to be, we believe, Mexican, which is great. I think that’s fine,” Mr. Trump said.

Judge Curiel was born in Indiana.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/0...-trump-u-case/
    Hehe. I also heard his trial for this case is not set until this Nov. The election will be over by then. So in reality, it is a non issue and Trump should not even bring it up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    You seem to be under the impression that farmers are using more water than they need to because the price of water is "low".
    They are.
    They are growing more water intensive crops, they are not investing in more water efficient irrigation equipment and methods.
    That's... not how watering plants works, because that will actually kill the shit out of them.
    Actually that is the way it works.
    That "few percent loss" is actually a massive loss to most non-grain food in the US as well should Cali farms stop producing so well.
    The farms contribute 2% of Californian economical activity - If half of the farms went belly up, it would be a barely noticeable downturn.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I honestly fear for your country.
    So do we. If Bernie does not stop his Quixote quest,,, he could win.
    Operation Red Wing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Get a grip man, You break down water into things your organs need to function and its expelled as energy which helps you function, yes you will pee some out and it returns to the water table but not every ounce. I proved my argument and will move along.
    No you didnt!
    You ingest X water, Keep Z water in you, and then you will piss (X-Y) water, where Y, is the amount sweated and evaporated from the lungs.
    Z is a (relative) constant.
    Your argument is that you keep adding some amount of that water and never let it go - Which is abject nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

The highlighted implies that your body is a nuclear reactor. Cool.
    Oh lol.
    I missed that bit - Although, you are technically talking about a fusion reactor, not a nuclear reactor.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post

The farms contribute 2% of Californian economical activity - If half of the farms went belly up, it would be a barely noticeable downturn.
    I do not agree with that. They would notice. https://www.cdfa.ca.gov/statistics/ while the 2% seems to be a small share, it still represents a ton of income and tax revenues for the state.

Trump is a moron who says stupid shit, more news at 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I honestly fear for your country.
    A lot of us here fear for this country too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    So if these celebs can act like the drought doesn't exist and get away with it then Trump can too, fair is fair guys.
    You're pretending we don't have a problem with them.

But what can we actually do about it? These are the assholes that are bringing in water from out of state just to keep their lawns green.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Cali types will be angry at Trump but they won't speak a word against their local "do as I say not as I do" elite.

Those guys aren't presidential candidates. A president has to ensure the health of its citizens and that is not achieved by short term benefit. Which what Trump wants to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    "There is no drought" leaves very, very few options other than to be taken literally. And it's factually false.
    No, it is not an unreasonable way to parse it, the problem, is not a drought.

Deleted
    The drought definitely isn't real, the martians must be stealing it.

http://imgur.com/gallery/IgoUq

10+ Year Old Account
    California Trump Supporter here.

He IS right. its a man-made drought. Divert the water people need for growing crops to protect some endangered fish in SF Bay because tree huggers are crying about it
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

The highlighted implies that your body is a nuclear reactor. Cool.

Forget it, It`s not even close to what I said but whatever. No point of arguing with someone who won`t admit they are wrong.