Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do not agree with that. They would notice. https://www.cdfa.ca.gov/statistics/ while the 2% seems to be a small share, it still represents a ton of income and tax revenues for the state.
    Individuals would notice, but for the state, it would be a small bump.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    California Trump Supporter here.

He IS right. its a man-made drought. Divert the water people need for growing crops to protect some endangered fish in SF Bay because tree huggers are crying about it
    Or, And this one is actually better - Tell the farmers to stop wasting so much water as well as in some cases, telling to stop growing the shit they are growing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hehe. I also heard his trial for this case is not set until this Nov. The election will be over by then. So in reality, it is a non issue and Trump should not even bring it up.
    He can't help it because he is a whiny little bitch. He has the temperament of a pouty 12 year old. Just wait till things really getting going in this election.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    Our country, I wept for it.

This is hardly a new issue. The problem is two fold:

1.) Farmers have effectively depleted all ground water, which they used to supplement. They did so to the point of relying on it so heavily that when it ran out they turned to grabbing water from the SWP - built for cities not industrial water use.

2.) Warmer winters, progressively earlier snow pack melt. The greater reservoirs of water in CA are nothing compared to the volume of water stored annually in the Sierras in the form of snow. 97% of all potential reservoir sites have already been dammed. During the dry part of the year it is the melt water from the snow that replenishes reserves at a volume larger than what can be held anyway. What's to blame for the premature melting of snow? Climate change.

With these two things combined, it makes good fucking sense why there needs to be water efficacy standards and regulation. All while greedy farmer, which have already decimated their personal reserves are blaming environmentalists of all people, for preserving an estuarine fish. Letting the faucet drip during high tide. Compare that volume to what farmers 'need' to make up their losses is an utter joke.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just more pandering to the anti-global warming and anti-environment crowd.
    Operation Red Wing

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Individuals would notice, but for the state, it would be a small bump.

- - - Updated - - -
    So you saying suddenly losing 27 billion dollars of a groups income and the resulting tax dollars loss, the state would only consider it a small bump? Not to mention the impact with a snow ball effect on exports and all the workers associated with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    He can't help it because he is a whiny little bitch. He has the temperament of a pouty 12 year old. Just wait till things really getting going in this election.
    He says some dumb things and does some things I do approve of and I am sure this will still happen in the months to come. But he still beats the alternative for myself.

Deleted
    So you saying suddenly losing 27 billion dollars of a groups income and the resulting tax dollars loss, the state would only consider it a small bump? Not to mention the impact with a snow ball effect on exports and all the workers associated with it.

- - - Updated - - -

He says some dumb things and does some things I do approve of and I am sure this will still happen in the months to come. But he still beats the alternative for myself.
    As i said, its 2% of all economic activity - if one percent of that went away, it would be a bump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    As i said, its 2% of all economic activity - if one percent of that went away, it would be a bump.
    And I disagree. Until someone from California who works in the economy/taxes side there tells me differently.

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Of course he does. No one ever doubted that, just your decision making powers that came to that conclusion.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I... I just... The fucks with this guy?
    He's just trolling the world right? He's not for real, right?
    It's his shtick. He says something that is wrong or easily misunderstood, harvests the bad press, then reframes his statement to mean something and takes it back to his people and shows how he's being poorly treated by the press. Occasionally he also mocks his detractors for misunderstanding while complimenting his followers for getting it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Of course he does. No one ever doubted that, just your decision making powers that came to that conclusion.
    Do I see a hint of a insult there? Come on, you are better than that. Disagree, make your points and move on. You do at times make some good ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    It's his shtick. He says something that is wrong or easily misunderstood, harvests the bad press, then reframes his statement to mean something and takes it back to his people and shows how he's being poorly treated by the press. Occasionally he also mocks his detractors for misunderstanding while complimenting his followers for getting it.
    Lol. Good one.

All our lakes in northern California are almost full now. They had to let water out of folsom because they were scared it would overflow.

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cdecapp/res...phsMain.action

Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray View Post
    And that is how you make the lowest in society vote for you.
    You consider farmers the lowest in society. Speaks volumes about your character. Just a sneaking suspicion, but id guess farmers rank a lot higher on that totem pole than you do.

Drought problem isnt a water shortage problem. Its a people/money problem. Either people dont want to fix the issue because of what ever reason or the government doesnt want to spend the money to get other sources of water, like THE OCEAN.

Build some water treatment facilities you dumbasses. Ever heard of fucking irrigation? Treat that shit, run it through pipes to farmland and boom. No more issues. That shit pays for itself. America's too busy buying bottled water being shipped from "Deer Park" to even set up good water treatment of its oceans.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    The drought definitely isn't real, the martians must be stealing it.

http://imgur.com/gallery/IgoUq
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    All our lakes in northern California are almost full now. They had to let water out of folsom because they were scared it would overflow.

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cdecapp/res...phsMain.action

The funny thing is that this is part of the northern part of the state. Where much more precipitations occurs.

The southern part gets significantly less rain and is supplemented much more by water projects.

We also received a large amount of rain due to the passing El Nino cycle.

Source: California Resident.
    Last edited by Space Troll; 2016-05-28 at 11:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    He's the Jaden Smith of politics. He's famous and rich because of his daddy and he's as intelligent as a cucumber on LSD.
    He's actually taken an IQ test and scored 158. What did you score?

Quote Originally Posted by Adocul View Post
    The funny thing is that this is part of the northern part of the state. Where much more precipitations occurs.

The southern part gets significantly less rain and is supplemented much more by water projects.

We also received a large amount of rain due to the passing El Nino cycle.

Source: California Resident.
    The north east part of California is dry also, but its always been a barren waste land up there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark01gt View Post
    He's actually taken an IQ test and scored 158. What did you score?
    Does not surprise me. He is brilliant. He knows what he is doing. I still disagree with some of his tactics however, but they do seem to work well. So far at least. Many find his style of politics refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    California Trump Supporter here.

He IS right. its a man-made drought. Divert the water people need for growing crops to protect some endangered fish in SF Bay because tree huggers are crying about it
    They're crying about it because federal law protects that fish. This is also why Trump won't be able to do anything. At this point, you'd need an OK from the 'God Squad' to get that water, which is a committee of 7 top honchos including the administrators of the EPA and NOAA. So basically, not going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    They're crying about it because federal law protects that fish. This is also why Trump won't be able to do anything. At this point, you'd need an OK from the 'God Squad' to get that water, which is a committee of 7 top honchos including the administrators of the EPA and NOAA. So basically, not going to happen.
    You are correct he has to get approval. But laws can be changed. Depends on who controls the House and Senate. Obama would have changed a lot of things if he still had control of those two.