Poll: Worst Xpac

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    For glory of wod.
    Bump

Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    For glory of wod.
    Bump
    Thanks for the bump, this is a topic which surely hasn't been discussed recently.

I voted Panda but that is only because my fiance hates Panda and I felt like I had to vote. I personally don't really have a preference as they each had pro/cons. I was there at the beginning of each expansion so each one was exciting to me and represented a fun time for me. I was in a great raiding guild and we had a core system so naturally each time I had fun.

I suppose if I had to pick I would say I was disappointed in Cata because I liked the old world, I was used to it. Fond memories of places I can only visit if I come across them on screen shots or of course remember them. Cata was like a culture shock when you first get off the airplane in a different part of the world. It's much different than the pictures in your travel guide. I just remember flying over Thousand Needles and saying in guild, "Holy crap, there is water here! What the hell, Blizzard." Then swimming it to get to Tanaris, that was not fun and took four times the amount of time to get there.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's bumpng and then there's necroing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    None, really.

Why do I say this? Because even if I didn't always like the storyline or specific features, each one has improved something or given me something I've enjoyed.
    Pretty much my thoughts on the subject. So, kudos for taking the words right out of my mouth!

Deleted
    I know vanilla isn't an option but I was hoping it would so I could vote for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't decide if I hate MoP or WoD more tbh. At least WoD looked better and I enjoyed the questing and the zones a lot more. The overall content at 100 was trash and garrisons sucked, but it was still more appealing to me than MoP ever was. That's just my personal opinion. I liked most of Cata up until Dragon Soul, but it's not the worst by any means. It did a lot of shit for just one expansion. In fact, it probably had the most new content of any of the expansions since it revamped most of the old world. Granted, it doesn't mean much at cap, but still. Not bad considering what we get nowadays for paying ten dollars more for an expansion.
    Hey

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    wod > cata > wotlk = mop > BC for the worst.
    Pretty much this. Although, the raiding in WoD despite only being 2 tiers was of a much higher quality than Cata was. T11 Cata was horrifically imbalanced and buggy, T12 was good but too small and somewhat imbalanced and T13 was a travesty.

If you were a mythic raider in WoD, I'd put Cata as slightly worse because the overall quality of the mythic encounters was significantly higher than what Cata was and it was the expansion that introduced world flying everywhere, what an atrocious decision where the playerbase doesn't understand why it sucks. However, Cata had good class design, fun but imbalanced PvP, great leveling and good dungeons.

MoP was of a much higher quality than either those two and I'd even say its better than Wrath at least for me. Wrath falls flat because many of the problems people complain about today started in Wrath: LFG, single tier raiding, easy gear acquisition, VoA, gearscore/ilevel, lack of server community, poor quality dungeons, excessive difficulty types in raids. Wrath had some amazing things but it brought in so many poor choices that have since taken their toll on the playerbase, they weren't immediately apparent but they have become recognizable yet people still rank it higher than TBC or vanilla for some reason.

TBC had a lot of issues but for its time, it was more revolutionary than vanilla was for introducing so many new things and fixing a lot of the issues vanilla had.
    Last edited by mmocd786cabdc9; 2016-05-29 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maunazero View Post
    I voted Panda but that is only because my fiance hates Panda and I felt like I had to vote. I
    Good dog xD

The amount of bullshit assertions about the Engine is too damn high

Quote Originally Posted by Baium View Post
    oh look, another thread that will devolve into complaining about content that is 6 hours old.

The worst is cata, but if you ask the forum its "the era i live in now!" Back in BC it was all about how vanilla was so much better, and BC was trash. A year ago you would think that pandas were the worst thing that happened to mankind in all of human history. Today, it is garrisons requiring level 3 to make a shipyard.
    Grats. You bitched about forum posters in general and about expansions - in the same thread.

There it is. WoD. bad when I played on a friends account.

On personal accounts, Cataclysm was the V.E.R.Y. W.O.R.S.T.E.

Awful expansion, it's what made me cancel my account. Awful. The game was so good, until then..

AWFUL
    AWFUL
    AWFUL

WoD for sure. Cata wasn't nearly as bad as WoD, not even close. DS was the only shitty raid from Cata, the rest were great. It also had molten front which was extremely fun (especially for hunters) and it had plenty of dailies and such to do outside of raiding. Transmog was introduced here as well so tmog farming was relevant content and was also fun.

WoD has nothing but raiding which is the only thing stopping me from unsubbing honestly. Nothing to do aside from raid. Since I haven't cancelled my sub due to raiding/my guild I decided to start mount farming a few days ago but that isn't a part of WoD.

Cata is what caused me to quit WoW. I played around with MoP on a friend's account but wasn't impressed and never touched WoD. From what I've read WoD is possibly worse than Cata but at least a lot of people (like myself) have been spared the experience thanks to Cata.

Vanilla was the worst. Every xpac has been an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Matter of opinion, Personally I prefere bigger diversity.
    Well it does matters, becuase in WotLK many raids were rather underwhelming, like 2 major raids re-used, Naxx(though Naxx is still very cool raid imo) and Onyxia's lair, the dragon raids like EoE, The other one in Wyrmrest Accord, and Ruby Sanctum. So it's also a matter of having good quality.
    I wouldn't say it didn't had a story but Vanilla quests were aging much better than Cata ones, which right now already are irrevelant and are causing a huge mess.
    For me if I were to choose between 12 dungeons using 5 tile sets or 7 unique dungeons (and whatever the raid equvalent would be) I'd choose the 12 dungeons even if half of them looked similar to another dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by swango View Post
    Vanilla was the worst. Every xpac has been an improvement.
    Vanilla was not an expansion. You comment is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Vanilla was not an expansion. You comment is invalid.
    Vanilla may not an expansion per se, but I don't think it's an invalid opinion to dislike its content.

Quote Originally Posted by thebelltolleth View Post
    Grats. You bitched about forum posters in general and about expansions - in the same thread.
    He speaks the truth though. People hated TBC while it was out. They hated WotLK when it was out. Yet those are considered by a majority to be the best two out there. I'm sure it will happen to Legion then expansion 7 then 8 and 9 too. I think it's just becasue people are afraid of change

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Vanilla may not an expansion per se, but I don't think it's an invalid opinion to dislike its content.
    No, but the question was about the worst expansion which Vanilla is not. Otherwise it would be fine.

WoD since the only redeeming factors where the 90-100 leveling and raiding.. Oh and the selfie camera! Yes I am deadly serious I fucking love it, mostly because I am narcissistic but still.

Even though I never unsubbed and don't plan on unsubbing at all it still was the worst expansion world of warcraft has ever gotten.