For those that are wondering and I've done pretty well taking the #1 dps spot on world boss kills with 15+ other Demon Hunters that I'm beating out at 815 ilvl this is the way I play it currently.

Fel rush in, demon's bit a couple times with momentum buff, once momentum drops, VR out and Felblade back into Eyebeam w/ Blind Fury, then Fel Rush ani cancel for Annihilation Demonic spam. Pop Meta, and get momentum buff up anytime I'm spending fury instead of building fury. And this process continues until boss is dead. Making sure I always have momentum up to spend fury and don't worry about momentum too much while I'm building fury. For bosses where the hitbox is small, I really try to animation cancel a lot which I've gotten really good at. But for bosses where the hitbox is large and I can fel rush through them, I just don't worry about it and fel rush through to the other side and hit them from there to dump fury with momentum up. I have fallen completely in love with the playstyle ever since I started playing it and this was after I was scared to death reading about it, but once I got my hands on it, it plays awesomely. And at the end of the day if there's a fight where you can't move around, running prepared+felblade+nemesis will net you some pretty good dps still and you get to stay stacked (making sure you're comboing VR+felblade together)

Deleted
    I pray to fuck they nerf the shit out of this momentum spec so we can play with talents that are actually fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalon View Post
    I pray to fuck they nerf the shit out of this momentum spec so we can play with talents that are actually fun.
    They won't. Because they like Momentum. Deal with it.

Maybe you're better off by looking for another class because DH doesn't seem to be the right thing for you. I really hope you'll find the right class for your desired gameplay.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Don't generalize your opinion, I like playing with Momentum.

SO I tried the old setup I had tonight while I was farming Ancient mana and the dps difference on single target was 20-25k and that is with not 100% optimal Momentum play. The setup was with Chaos Cleave, appetite, Fel eruption and Demonic as the main ones.

Its an average estimate for me. ANyone tried any other setup? Prep instead of DA will change the output slighly as you can easily time VR with Eye Beam, but if that is what you are doing anyway, there is no reason to not use Momentum.

I will try Nemesis tomorrow and see, but Prep, Momentum, Demonic seems to be the only viable spec now.

Quote Originally Posted by Unanilnomen View Post
    The New Casual Build has Momentum in it: http://legion.wowhead.com/talent-cal...ter/havoc/MnCz
    But... but... BUT Y U NO CHAOS CLEAVE?! :'(

Bloodsail Admiral Unkhrahuun the Atoned's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    As much as I dislike the momentum playstyle it's starting to come in line with the fixes to VR cancel and etc.
    If they could just nerf the fury generation of prepared to something like 40 it'd be nice. But I think I read one of you explain that prepared would still be strong as hell due to the amount of fury it simply generates over a period of time or something = /
    Removing the CD reduction from Prepared would solve issues with Momentum and it's uptime and reduce the amount of Fury you gain from VR per encounter. @wordup even thinks so (i think, last time i checked at least). Not sure how it would balance things since the latest patch however.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post
    But... but... BUT Y U NO CHAOS CLEAVE?! :'(
    Doesn't fit the RP headcannon for my character :3
    The Dead City... it... calls to me...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    They won't. Because they like Momentum. Deal with it.

Maybe you're better off by looking for another class because DH doesn't seem to be the right thing for you. I really hope you'll find the right class for your desired gameplay.
    I like DH gameplay just fine when it doesn't revolve around cancelling VR and Fel Rush, that playstyle is complete garbage.

I like DH gameplay just fine when it doesn't revolve around cancelling VR and Fel Rush, that playstyle is complete garbage.
    That's your opinion and why you got Nemesis.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

I don't cancel vr or fel rush at all now. never canceled FR, either.

I'm guessing this artifact knowledge system is not hooked up yet. Correct? Because I have seen 0 difference in the amount of AP I'm getting from every source of it.

Same for mine; it doesn't acknowledge the 100%+, or give me the second pages for lore book

I wouldn't say so, actually. Assuming we are balanced against the other dps, I'd just want our other talents buffed so we have multiple viable builds. Momentum seems like a really fun and engaging spec, but I don't think it should be the only viable option.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

First of all, there's no reason for you to be so childish about it. "I don't like this, so that means no one else should!" Secondly, people don't even cancel FR/VR most of the time, it's way too inconsistent, and doing it wrong(Which is very easy to do if you don't use mouse macros which is a very thin line) can result in a DPS decrease or even get you and/or other people killed.

Then there's the fact that some fights won't even be good for momentum at all, or fights where Felblade will undoubtedly say "No Path Available" unless they fix that. There is when you'd use Fel Eruption/Nemesis(Depending on whichever ends up being the better of the two.) I'm not a theorycrafter, nor am I even maining DH in Legion. But I do plan on playing a lot of it and have been playing a lot of it, and I can safely say I used to hate momentum before I started reading this thread, started using it and weaving it into my burst windows and goddamn it is a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Same for mine; it doesn't acknowledge the 100%+, or give me the second pages for lore book
    Same for everyone atm, seems bugged and isn't working in any way sadly.

Vanyali kicked some horde ass in WSG, good job! Haha nice video!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    You've been doing this across multiple forum now, saying a spec is too easy while likewise saying it's difficult to manage - which usually means you are struggling to play it properly and just being derogatory to hide the fact. You then go on a childish rant while accusing others of being in kindergarden. Maybe just stick to doomsaying in the legion general forums, I have no idea why I thought you might actually learn/improve if you came here considering you refused to in those threads
    What the eff are you talking about? I haven't said its to easy or to difficult anywhere you fucking liar. I've said I don't like the playstyle and that it's not as amazingly hard as some people seem to think it is with the "you just don't know how to play the spec" bandwagon that you, yourself just jumped on(nice going btw)

This isn't about learning or improving. Myself. It's about providing some different feedback to all the sheeps. It's pathetic that you keep trying to twist what I am saying when it's so obvious

What you don't realise yet, is that this spec is going to feel like shit in a raiding scenario after its not new and shiny anymore.

Edit:
    Did you used to play hunter? It would fit the "omg this spec is more then a 2 button rotation. I'm so pro. People who don't like it obviously just don't have the skills for it" theses you are trying to get through

~~~Infraction : Flaming~~~
    Last edited by Orloth; 2016-05-29 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    What the eff are you talking about? I haven't said its to easy or to difficult anywhere you fucking liar. I've said I don't like the playstyle and that it's not as amazingly hard as some people seem to think it is with the "you just don't know how to play the spec" bandwagon that you, yourself just jumped on(nice going btw)

This isn't about learning or improving. Myself. It's about providing some different feedback to all the sheeps. It's pathetic that you keep trying to twist what I am saying when it's so obvious

What you don't realise yet, is that this spec is going to feel like shit in a raiding scenario after its not new and shiny anymore.

Edit:
    Did you used to play hunter? It would fit the "omg this spec is more then a 2 button rotation. I'm so pro. People who don't like it obviously just don't have the skills for it" theses you are trying to get through

~~~Infraction : Flaming~~~
    Lol, enjoy the ban.

I don't mind the Momentum/Prepared playstyle, though I really don't agree with animation cancelling overall. That being said, with only one dps spec I really would prefer to have multiple viable paths down the talent tree that are very close in performance to not only keep more people happy, but to combat boredom over the expansion.

the AP increase starts at level2, i'm getting 10% for world quest rewards and items looted from mobs.
    saving old chests and rare mobs does not work, they still give unenhanced artifact power items