Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Except it isn't "their" bulding, and it is not "their" money. If the state owns a building, he can place refugees, mentally handicapped or other people inside as he pleases. And it is funded by the state or kanton budget.
    If it's an empty, state-owned building in their village, how exactly are they refusing to "take them in"? I mean, if the state owns the building, the state can bring them there and fund them, but they can't (or at least shouldn't be able to) force residents to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    What have the rich Swiss people done to live there?
    What an immensely illogical question... They paid for their fucking property, that's what they've done to live there.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2016-05-29 at 01:31 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Seems kinda absurd that they are forced to pay or put up with migrants. Kinda proves the whole refugee thing is a dirty business and someones getting rich off it.
    It's enforced globalism. You can thank Soros and his ilk.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    How much would those refugees cost to house, feed, educate and get into the workforce?
    How much would it cost to send them back from whence they came?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The village mayor said they would not get a say in who comes and could not even be guaranteed they are refugees.
    Well then. I support their decision.

Deleted
    What have the rich Swiss people done to live there? It is nonsensical to create borders and partition where people can live based off of artificial boundaries.
    You mean besides worked for a life time or had a ancestor who did?

Just because you seem to dislike rich people doesn't entitle you at act out vengeance against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Switzerland is an odd place.
    Pretty though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    What an immensly illogical question... They paid for their fucking property.
    It is a logical question, if not phrased properly. Swizz people were born in Switzerland, Syrian ones were born in Syria; it is a pure RNG, and Syrian people lost it. Some people believe that everyone should be allowed to live anywhere without any restrictions, and this is one of the arguments in support of that.

Personally, I don't think it would work properly: if, say, 200 million Indians, 500 million Chinese, 100 million Indonesians, etc. arrived in the US, then the US would no longer be the US. Such cosmopolitism would work in a distant future, in the conditions of more or less uniform world, but it definitely wouldn't work nowadays, when the differences in quality of life, political systems and mentality between different countries are sometimes staggering.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Because if the rich can just "ignore" the rules because they have enough money to pay the fine, you have a shitty society.
    I agree with you.

They should have been able to refuse them without fear of penalty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    It is a logical question, if not phrased properly. Swizz people were born in Switzerland, Syrian ones were born in Syria; it is a pure RNG, and Syrian people lost it. Some people believe that everyone should be allowed to live anywhere without any restrictions, and this is one of the arguments in support of that.
    I believe the person was talking about that village in particular, not the country as a whole, hence the singling out of the "rich Swiss people" mentioned in the OP.

Regardless, if they want to get citizenship, a job, and pay for their own housing, they can live in whatever area they fucking want, but forcing others to feed and house them is complete BS... People lock their doors and don't let strangers just walk into their houses for obvious reasons, but somehow it's now OK for the government to force people to house strangers... Where is the logic here?
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2016-05-29 at 01:41 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    So you understand that we're talking about a village, yet continue with an analogy about a personal home.
    You can play Supreme Leader over your own home but you cannot do that over your village.

Because if the rich can just "ignore" the rules because they have enough money to pay the fine, you have a shitty society.
    Well if we have a shitty society I am sure flooding it with poor immigrants from a ass backwards religion ruled region with honor killings will make it so much better.

What have the rich Swiss people done to live there?
    If we're evaluating people's right to live there by what they have done, I'm not sure if refugees would qualify.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Saw a video not too long ago that I was reminded of when I read this:

Is it really considered evil/racist if you don't want or criticize immigrants?
    No, it isn't racist to not want a generally incompatible culture mixed with your own. Sweden and Germany are destroying their own cultures by allowing in millions of refugees. Other countries are doing the same. If they were going to be sent somewhere, it should have been to Afghanistan or Saudi Arabia, other Arab nations should have been ponying up and taking care of them, not us.

Good for them. Sadly, the poorer neighborhoods will probably get larger numbers.

For what its worth, I think if you want to bring in migrants, you should have to house them in your place of living. And you are then responsible for crimes they commit.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    So you understand that we're talking about a village, yet continue with an analogy about a personal home.
    You can play Supreme Leader over your own home but you cannot do that over your village.

No, it is a shitty society to force people upon others just because of their situation. Find somewhere else for them, there is plenty of space on this planet that haven't been inhabited yet, send them there, not to already densely populated areas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    Pretty though.
    They live in what is pretty much the closest thing you can get to Utopia and they are such miserable bastards. Then again, with neighbours like theirs it is probably not that unsurprising.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Regardless, if they want to get citizenship, a job, and pay for their own housing, they can live wherever the fuck they want, forcing others to feed and house them is complete BS... People lock their doors and don't let strangers just walk into their houses, but somehow it's OK for the government to now force people to house strangers... Where is the logic here?
    They don't have much of a choice though... They are running from the war (those of them that are legitimate refugees, that is), and this is something they put their hopes in.

What I really dislike about all this is the government enforcing charity. It is a good thing to help refugees, but it is a pretty questionable thing to make citizens pay for their support. What would be more fair, I think, is creation of a private fund, in which anyone can donate money, and then the collected amount would be used to help as many refugees as it can handle. That would be true charity and help. It is pretty much what was done after the earthquake on Haiti in the US, and they collected some crazy amount, like over a billion dollars, in the US alone. THAT is charity, and that, I think, is how it always should be done in such cases.

I support the desire of European countries to help refugees, but ultimately it should be up to the citizens to do so. As much as a government is supposed to express the will of citizens, in reality it is not always so.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    That's actually a picture of Bremgarten/AG, a town in the valley at the river. Oberwil/Lieli is on a hill, with lots and lots of single family houses and a good connection to the Autobahn that connects them with Zurich/Zug/Lucerne.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think you're missing my point. Something has to be required on their part in order for them to be fined for not doing it.

You have a shitty society when you're fined for not wanting your community to go to shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    How much would those refugees cost to house, feed, educate and get into the workforce?
    Estimated cost is around 40k euros per refugee some agency calculated a while back, obviously varies per country, but it's a hefty amount. You need to feed them, provide housing, provide schooling, provide training for work, and so on and they won't do anything the first 3 years until they understand the language enough.