Page 43 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I am a hardcore fan of the warcraft franchise for as long as i can remember but this movie deserves all the shit it got unfortunately. There are some moments where you feel like "YES I DO KNOW WHAT HE MEANS WITH BLACKROCK" and so on. But thats about it. The movie changed a lot in terms of lore and the ending is very typical for movies these days. Trying to leave lose ends just to have the option to melk the cow again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/mort...ortal%20kombat

Rating 33%. Sell one hundred pieces of shit, guess what? It's still shit. Sales do not equal quality, but I'm certain the Warcraft fanbase [what remains] is already used to that.
    So this is your original quote : "Surprise level: 0.0%.

We all knew this was going to be a dud from the very beginning. It is a GAME MOVIE, they never ever ever ever ever ever ever turn out well."

You didn't mention quality but now it seems like you're using whatever excuse to just make an argument. If you dont like it, dont watch it. That simple.

15+ Year Old Account
    My boyfriend's Overwatch buddies seen the movie today and they said it was quite good. The only "flaw" is that now they want to play WoW again :P

Quote Originally Posted by SexyManipulator View Post
    That all is irrelevant. You said "it's unlikely to be first in those countries" given it is not explicitly mentioned (because you didn't even read the source), and then called him dumb essentially.
    If someone says "it was first in one of eleven countries, and second in one other" it doesn't need to be explicitly stated where it was in the other nine. Because human beings have this wonderful thing called deductive reasoning. Or logic. Or the ability to infer from context. All wonderful tools that allow us to take available data, and draw conclusions from it.

It explicitly stated that the film was top in one country. It then explicitly stated that it was second in one country. It explicitly stated that it had opened in eleven countries. From that we can infer that it opened as the third best (or lower) in the remaining nine. No additional sources required. Which is what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by SexyManipulator View Post
    It's okay to be wrong. Making the accusations of a 5-year old is hardly merited.
    Advice that is well worth taking to heart.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post

Bellular loved it
    Oh, wow. So surprising.

People who make money from the WoW franchise are giving the movie positive reviews. Trade Chat liked it as well. Shocking and totally impartial.

They really should have just gone way more over the top fan film. No one else is ever gonna sit though this film.

As if WoW needed more stigma attached to it. Now it's gonna be tagged as spawning the worst movie of 2016. Down to 22% RT. Think it can eventually claim a spot on the zero RT list?

Quote Originally Posted by thelightthatstrays View Post
    Oh, wow. So surprising.
    Same could be said about critics that break embargo just to post reviews with one liners about how bad the movie is to gain clicks.

I said it earlier: if it looks interesting to you, go watch it and decide. If it looks like crap to you, don't go watch it. Don't let other people make up your mind for you.

A bad score on RT is like 45 or 50% Anything below 25% means you must be mildly retarded to be able to sit in the theater.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Sniglet View Post
    A bad score on RT is like 45 or 50% Anything below 25% means you must be mildly retarded to be able to sit in the theater.
    So since it had the best opening of this year in germany and the 2nd best in russia (behind Deadpool) and nearly everyone liked it, even many people who don't know shit about Warcraft, so you say that most people in Europe are basically retarded, if I understand you correctly? Yeah thanks, I bet you are a really mature guy

Deleted
    a lot of shit sometimes sells well. look at warlords of draenor. in this case the movie was bad as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    I saw some of the first episodes and scenes from later ones and GoT seems very childish to me. Trying to be "hardcore" with rapes, murders and nudity. Also on topic, They didn't have to modify the story much, Warcraft could have been based on the events of the first invasion and it would have been a good basic story. I never have hope for game movies to begin with. But hey, we are getting a Tetris trilogy and thats bound to be good!
    Pretty much my thoughts on GoT so far as well... Just...tryharding with the 'grit'.

Also...wat. Tetris...troligy? Wtf even...

Quote Originally Posted by Zexz View Post
    Same could be said about critics that break embargo just to post reviews with one liners about how bad the movie is to gain clicks.
    Embargo ? Really?

It's one of the worst films ever, not just this year.

Quote Originally Posted by thelightthatstrays View Post
    Embargo ? Really?

It's one of the worst films ever, not just this year.
    What has the quality of the film has to do with an embargo? There is no relation at all...

Also bad news for you. Nearly everyone I talk to thinks the film is one of the best, if not the best, film of the year, I liked it even more than CW and Deadpool and I liked the shit out of those 2.
    I get it that people may not like Warcraft, but saying it is one of the worst films ever is just pure hatred and is definately not true, because it is just not. There are so many worse films out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    What has the quality of the film has to do with an embargo? There is no relation at all...

Also bad news for you. Nearly everyone I talk to thinks the film is one of the best, if not the best, film of the year, I liked it even more than CW and Deadpool and I liked the shit out of those 2.
    I get it that people may not like Warcraft, but saying it is one of the worst films ever is just pure hatred and is definately not true, because it is just not. There are so many worse films out there.
    Some exaggeration on both sides here. It's not the best film of the year and it's not the worst film of the year. Come on, guys...

Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    Some exaggeration on both sides here. It's not the best film of the year and it's not the worst film of the year. Come on, guys...
    So how many more were better? And why?

You're trying to fight BS with BS.

Movie is going to bomb big time. Even if it was good it was going to be a tough sell. The fact that it sucks only means it will bomb even harder.

Video game movies are always risky and this one is at least 5 years too late.

Blizzard should have just made a movie in house, in the same style as the world FMV, and released it online as fan service.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    You're trying to fight BS with BS.
    No, I am serious.
    The visuals were stunning, the best this year imo, I was seriously impressed and that after just watching X-Men Apocalypse 2 hours before, which was pretty good in that regard already.
    I liked the characters and the acting, especially the orcs were really well depicted. Guldan was a very good villain. The only real weakpoint of this film is the bad pacing, but this is no problem at all for me... First because I knew the characters already, second because I have no problem in general with that. A film could jump every 10 seconds between 6 threads and I would have no problem following it. It doesn't even annoy me, must have something to do with my mathematical brain :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    Movie is going to bomb big time. Even if it was good it was going to be a tough sell. The fact that it sucks only means it will bomb even harder.
    Has anyone who said the movie is going to bomb actually seen it? Or is this just a knee jerk reactions that games -> films has been generally poor?

I myself has not seen it nor plan to, purely due to little to no interest in it.

No, I am serious.
    The visuals were stunning, the best this year imo, I was seriously impressed and that after just watching X-Men Apocalypse 2 hours before, which was pretty good in that regard already.
    I liked the characters and the acting, especially the orcs were really well depicted. Guldan was a very good villain. The only real weakpoint of this film is the bad pacing, but this is no problem at all for me... First because I knew the characters already, second because I have no problem in general with that. A film could jump every 10 seconds between 6 threads and I would have no problem following it. It doesn't even annoy me, must have something to do with my mathematical brain :P
    So basically "it's the best film this year" was just for you personally.

I don't see how a film that has serious pacing issues and requires to be a fan to follow it could be the best film objectively.