10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I do quite a few other things as well, but you can't spend all your time riding bikes, hiking and watching movies... especially at work... you know, where code compiles. Not to mention I like messing with you guys when I'm drunk on a Saturday night watching movies. It's hilarious to see how worked up you get over reality and trivial shit like a movie about a video game.
    Well, all of this sounds even more convincing when comes from someone openly admitting to be drunk.

Damn, thinking about it I miss my MMO-C drunk sessions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Not really. I can't honestly say he's done well this go around. He had little or nothing to do with CGI and that seems the only major thing everyone can agree on as a plus to the movie. For the most parts, what jones was involved in directly are what fans, non-fans whatever tag you want to put on the rest seems to sway so differently about be it. I just don't think he had the chops to take on this project just yet. He just wasn't experienced enough to tackle this beast of a video game to movie and get it to the level it needed to be.
    The biggest criticism for the movie is that it's too short. Duncan has already said that there are a lot scenes which were removed from the movie that he'd like to be in it. Considering that, the theatrical version is probably not how Duncan wanted it at all. So how exactly is it HIS fault? Who knows, maybe with all the scenes, it's a solid 9.

I talked to Duncan about the length and he said he'd make it longer if he could or 3 hours. Producers cut it. Haven't seen the movie myself so I can't judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    The biggest criticism for the movie is that it's too short. Duncan has already said that there are a lot scenes which were removed from the movie that he'd like to be in it. Considering that, the theatrical version is probably not how Duncan wanted it at all. So how exactly is it HIS fault? Who knows, maybe with all the scenes, it's a solid 9.
    he actually said there will be director's cut

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Vegas82 is not entirely wrong.
    Well, Paradokz was right about everything yet he got banned. I guess being right or wrong holds little relevance compared to be a deliberate asshole.

This shit looks funny but sadly, it's a Saturday night here, very deep night, almost morning. I really need to sleep so please, go on without me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    The biggest criticism for the movie is that it's too short.
    Yes, but that seems to be affecting all kinds fo things from character development to story. Thats pretty big things to screw up. Too hear people hopeing oh just wait till we get a directors cut for a better version are simply moving the goal posts in hopes things get better because they know while it's not a totally suck ass movie. It's also not great either. It's average and some seem to be having a hard time with that.

The problem we read in many reviews all come from the director. Sure, some will come from the editors but jones isn't totally out of the loop in that either.

Duncan has already said that there are a lot scenes which were removed from the movie that he'd like to be in it. Considering that, the theatrical version is probably not how Duncan wanted it at all. So how exactly is it HIS fault? Who knows, maybe with all the scenes, it's a solid 9.
    Maybe, and that thats about all you have. Hopes and wishes and maybes but that isn't the movie we got. We ended up with an average one. No matter how anyone wants to spin what might could have and might could be on a DVD. We don't have that. We have average and thius movie needed a whole lot more than average. Jones was part of the reason that came to be. He neither had enough clout to sway editors or change legendary/universals mind on post production.

Jones simply didn't have what it takes yet to get a warcraft movie to where it needed to be. It seems he (and no doubt others) relied to much on CGI to carry this and thats not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    Link please. As far as I know he has only said that he would like to make one.
    Quote Originally Posted by tangocash View Post
    I talked to Duncan about the length and he said he'd make it longer if he could or 3 hours. Producers cut it. Haven't seen the movie myself so I can't judge.
    Three hours seem somewhat excessive.

You know, when a director (and company) already shot scenes and the studio(?) rips them out, why exactly is that? Like I obviously get things that might change ratings or something, and who knows maybe that's what he would mean but yea...

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    You know, when a director (and company) already shot scenes and the studio(?) rips them out, why exactly is that? Like I obviously get things that might change ratings or something, and who knows maybe that's what he would mean but yea...
    While thats not impossible. How are you to really know things would be better?

It's quite possible it could have made the film worse. No one wants to believe that side but it is just as possible.

Yes, but that seems to be affecting all kinds fo things from character development to story. Thats pretty big things to screw up. Too hear people hopeing oh just wait till we get a directors cut for a better version are simply moving the goal posts in hopes things get better because they know while it's not a totally suck ass movie. It's also not great either. It's average and some seem to be having a hard time with that.

The problem we read in many reviews all come from the director. Sure, some will come from the editors but jones isn't totally out of the loop in that either.

Maybe, and that thats about all you have. Hopes and wishes and maybes but that isn't the movie we got. We ended up with an average one. No matter how anyone wants to spin what might could have and might could be on a DVD. We don't have that. We have average and thius movie needed a whole lot more than average. Jones was part of the reason that came to be. He neither had enough clout to sway editors or change legendary/universals mind on post production.

Jones simply didn't have what it takes yet to get a warcraft movie to where it needed to be. It seems he (and no doubt others) relied to much on CGI to carry this and thats not enough.
    Mark Kermode simply disagrees with you. He's literally the best cinema reviewer you can find. The main complaint that's being thrown around is the movie is too short. So people obviously want more, not less. It was cut from being a 3 hour film to being 2 hours.

The main reason movies are cut shorter than director's would like is because they want more screenings in a day so it can earn more money.

- - - Updated - - -

Mark Kermode simply disagrees with you. He's literally the best cinema reviewer you can find. The main complaint that's being thrown around is the movie is too short. So people obviously want more, not less. It was cut from being a 3 hour film to being 2 hours.
    Link please.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that we will have the sequel even if they don't get to $400/500 Million of revenue.
    Examples:

Batman Begins had a production budget of $150 million and a worldwide revenue: $374,218,673
    Captain America: The First Avenger had a production budget of $140 million and a Worldwide revenue of: $370,569,774

And there are many other examples

The main reason movies are cut shorter than director's would like is because they want more screenings in a day so it can earn more money.

- - - Updated - - -

Link please.
    Talked to Duncan Jones and he said it was supposed to be longer. He confirmed they cut too much.

Talked to Duncan Jones and he said it was supposed to be longer. He confirmed they cut too much.
    So you say.

and here I thought we were taking reviews and throwing them out. He's the best you say? Maybe we should say "F" him and the ride he came in on. He's no better than any of the others. OR maybe we should listen to him because he's the best. What are we doing with reviewers these days?

Either way, the movie is to short. The movie got cut. The movie has bad pacing which hurts character development and the story in general and thats before some personal opinions seem to take place. But we also have read the acting isn't all that great. Some scenes don't mesh well with the CGI and on other things as you read from what people say about the movie. The only glowing things we consistently read is great CGI and animation.

The rest swing wildly from positive, mediocre to poor. Most of that falls on a director that doesn't have the clout to throw around to keep his vision. He had little to no ability to push his weight around on editors to keep "Jones" vision much less it seems to be even able to collaborate with them if they are to take all the blame.

You can push the blame on different people all day but in this case I fully believe jones didn't have the experience to get it done.

So you say.
    He's very active on social media. I talk to him a lot.

While thats not impossible. How are you to really know things would be better?

It's quite possible it could have made the film worse. No one wants to believe that side but it is just as possible.
    I'm not implying anything. I'm just curious why... it's already been shot, the director wants it in, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    No, he said he wants there to be one. It's not set in stone, however.

I'm not implying anything. I'm just curious why... it's already been shot, the director wants it in, etc.
    I know. I just love listening to people who seem to think a directors cut will "fix" things. It tells me they know this movie is off kilter but damn near wont admit it as well as they have pinned their hopes on possibilities in a DVD months down the road.

However, what the director wants in doesn't seem to carry much weight. Well if you listen to the people about here, it doesn't matter what the director wants. People apparently ran all over him in the post-production. He doesn't seem to have enough clout to get what he wants.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know. I just love listening to people who seem to think a directors cut will "fix" things. It tells me they know this movie is off kilter but damn near wont admit it as well as they have pinned their hopes on possibilities in a DVD months down the road.

However, what the director wants in doesn't seem to carry much weight. Well if you listen to the people about here, it doesn't matter what the director wants. People apparently ran all over him in the post-production. He doesn't seem to have enough clout to get what he wants.
    Well quras, in theory the pacing problem could be solved by a Director's cut, considering that some exposition scenes on Draenor and Azeroth were cut and could explain more things.
    And considering that usually the studio makes the calls on the lenght of the movie, the director wanting it to have more screen time for a release, doesn't mean he will get it.