Quote Originally Posted by Draedarr View Post
    Well quras, in theory the pacing problem could be solved by a Director's cut, considering that some exposition scenes on Draenor and Azeroth were cut and could explain more things.
    and if we're going by theories. It could "F" it up more. As long as we're going by theories.

And considering that usually the studio makes the calls on the lenght of the movie, the director wanting it to have more screen time for a release, doesn't mean he will get it.
    Clearly not for jones. He doesn't seem to have the ability to keept his vision even when it's apparently already filmed as some would like to believe.

However, All that depends on whos directing. A guy that has 2 low budget movies under his belt with limited success. No, he's not getting all he wants in his first big budget movie. A director that has multiple hits under him with more success can very well be part of the team who trims the movies as well as direct it and keep his vision. Even someone like Micheal Bay isn't giving up everything to editors without a say in all his explosive cliche glory. Jones just doesn't have that clout yet and this movie clearly suffered for it if you are to believe he didn't have any say in the editing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I know. I just love listening to people who seem to think a directors cut will "fix" things. It tells me they know this movie is off kilter but damn near wont admit it as well as they have pinned their hopes on possibilities in a DVD months down the road.

However, what the director wants in doesn't seem to carry much weight. Well if you listen to the people about here, it doesn't matter what the director wants. People apparently ran all over him in the post-production. He doesn't seem to have enough clout to get what he wants.
    Considering the beginning is the place with the worst pacing issues, and we know a ton of scenes in the beginning were cut (Draenor), it seems a legitimate possibility. It's not unfounded.

Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    Considering the beginning is the place with the worst pacing issues, and we know a ton of scenes in the beginning were cut (Draenor), it seems a legitimate possibility. It's not unfounded.
    And I have said just as much.

However, I am also of the belief that it could screw things up as well in various degrees. That too is a legitimate possibility and is not unfounded.

Hey quras, how about suggesting an alternative director? You probably can't.

10+ Year Old Account
    and if we're going by theories. It could "F" it up more. As long as we're going by theories.

Clearly not for jones. He doesn't seem to have the ability to keept his vision even when it's apparently already filmed as some would like to believe.

However, All that depends on whos directing. A guy that has 2 low budget movies under his belt with limited success. No, he's not getting all he wants in his first big budget movie. A director that has multiple hits under him with more success can very well be part of the team who trims the movies as well as direct it and keep his vision. Even someone like Micheal Bay isn't giving up everything to editors without a say in all his explosive cliche glory. Jones just doesn't have that clout yet and this movie clearly suffered for it if you are to believe he didn't have any say in the editing.
    But there is a difference between a director that already have some background and several movies released (even if they are not remotely great or good) and one that only have released 2 movies so far.
    We can take Peter Jackson as an example, when he was announced as the director of Lord of the Rings, no one believed he could do it, having done only Trash B Movies.
    The beginning of the Warcraft universe is a mess, considering the first game and how shallow it was, with each faction having a different ending.
    One thing that could have been done was a movie based on the Rise of the Horde book, with a story more polished and this would be a good starting point for a movie like we have now, with a better background.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Peter Jackson. Golly this is tough.
    Would never happen. Not sure he would be the right fit either.

You just said name a director. Didn't say anything about realistic. Oooh, James Cameron
    No, an alternative. Unrealistic names aren't alternatives.

10+ Year Old Account

Or it could make the movie better (the logical alternative), as a lot of folks are complaining that the beginning of the movie is rushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Hey quras, how about suggesting an alternative director? You probably can't.
    The more I think about it I wouldn't have minded seeing something from Guillermo del Toro. Or maybe even Gore Verbinski.

I think they would have had a better shot at getting this movie to where it needed to be.

Or it could make the movie better (the logical alternative), as a lot of folks are complaining that the beginning of the movie is rushed.
    Yes it could. but as long as we are wishing and hoping for shit we don't have. I would also like to have my own private jet.

Sure they are. They're just not realistic ones. See, an alternaitve just means a different option.
    They aren't options, so fail.

- - - Updated - - -

The more I think about it I wouldn't have minded seeing something from Guillermo del Toro. Or maybe even Gore Verbinski.
    Have you seen the movie?

Peter Jackson. Golly this is tough.
    NO. I love The Frighteners, Dead Alive, Meet the Feebles, but I don't like Lord of the Rings(sorry it was boring for me and Peter Jackson admitted he hated magic and barely includes any in the film where Warcraft does). This is a new fantasy franchise that I'm looking forward to and I like that it's not like LOTR. If you mention LOTR again I'm going to flip because it's not Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangocash View Post
    NO. I love The Frighteners, Dead Alive, Meet the Feebles, but I don't like Lord of the Rings(sorry it was boring for me and Peter Jackson admitted he hated magic and barely includes any in the film where Warcraft does). This is a new fantasy franchise that I'm looking forward to and I like that it's not like LOTR. If you mention LOTR again I'm going to flip because it's not Warcraft.
    But magic wasn't included because magic in Middle Earth works in a different way.

But magic wasn't included because magic in Middle Earth works in a different way.
    Don't really give a shit. I prefer a more hyper fantasy approach. Sorry, my opinion. I want a more 80's style all out fantasy which this film seems to be.

Deleted
    But Tango said that Peter hates magic, so he'd probably try never to use it.

If you're gonna do fantasy why not go all out? Where's the fun in no magic?... I don't like WC being compared to LOTR. So stupid. Warcraft is more hyper fantasy... they're not similar aside from orcs.

I think that we will have the sequel even if they don't get to $400/500 Million of revenue.
    Examples:

Batman Begins had a production budget of $150 million and a worldwide revenue: $374,218,673
    Captain America: The First Avenger had a production budget of $140 million and a Worldwide revenue of: $370,569,774

And there are many other examples

Those two aren't exactly a fair comparison. Comic Books Movies have a very large secondary revenue in terms of toys, clothes, and other merch, that's where the real money for those movies is. Don't think we're going to see too many children dressing up as Durotan this Halloween.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last 2 days I've been wondering why the hell did Universal plan the release of Warcraft so chaotically. I mean, at first it opens in like half a Europe, some Asian countries, then it is joined by the rest of the Europe and finally after it's been already seen by the rest of the world, the movies comes in out US. It's weird... or at least it seemed so. But the more I think about it, the more sense it makes.

We can see that the tracking for US opening weekend isn't very nice atm, US critics didn't help and Universal knew the movie will probably get shredded, so they installed an embargo, which broke the moment the movie released in first cinemas few days back. Now that the fans are starting to see it, word of mouth is getting out and Universal joined by Blizzard are using this to market the movie even more for the US.

Maybe, this was some genius master plan all along, maybe the numbers in US will rise because of this. Or maybe... they just wanted to dodge Apocalypse and Alice when it opened in US and saw a relatively open space on the 10th. I don't know man, but I think there's some clever math behind all this, usually producers are plain stupid, but this time...

My sister, who has been trying to get into WoW, is going with me to see it in 2 weeks. Question should I try to her to read the Last Guardian/Rise of the Horde, or is it needed. She's never played or read anything on the subject.

Deleted
    Don't know why you all give a fuck about the rotten tomatoes reviews, they rated Jurassic World a better movie than interstellar... LOL

And if you have a closer look into reviews of well recieves journalists, they don't rate it bad at all, not really good, but slightly above average. So there is room for improvement!
    And the most important thing, EVERY single warcraft fan rated the movie extremly good, and I think this should be the most important thing for us. Why would we give a fuck about what people think who are not into the warcraft universe? Lets just be passionate about what we like and don't care about everyone else, that is how the movie becomes sucessful. Others will see our excitement and wonder why, and then they get more interested and as soon as they get into the universe too, they will feel about the movie like we do, an awesome great fanservice movie!!! Thats what it is!

- - - Updated - - -

Plus you are all so desperate about everyone else who hasn't played the game to like the movie, that you don't see the obvious: Duncan did an amazing Job to create a movie mainly for fans. And he did totally right by doing this. Even if you guys here in the US wont apreciate this, as your early reviews and all the talk in this forum show, there are many other nations way more important than you, that dont think that way.
    Best example: Asia! People there don't care about what your fucking selfmade internet critcs say, they hype the movie for what it is: A movie made for the Warcraft fans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    Last 2 days I've been wondering why the hell did Universal plan the release of Warcraft so chaotically. I mean, at first it opens in like half a Europe, some Asian countries, then it is joined by the rest of the Europe and finally after it's been already seen by the rest of the world, the movies comes in out US. It's weird... or at least it seemed so. But the more I think about it, the more sense it makes.
    Because of the Euro Cup.