Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Mantid, Qiraji, and Nerubian

Out of these three mighty Insect Civilization

1. Which empire has the best looking insect appearances?

2. Which empire has the best architecture and culture?

3. Which empire had the most military power during their prime?

4. Which empire had the most population during their primes?

5. If all three of these empires joined together and become one giant insect empire during their primes. What would be the strongest faction they'll beat in the whole Warcraft Lore?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nerubians to the first four, everyone else to the fifth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Y'Shaarj was the most powerful OG and had the largest empire, so mantid had the most military power and population during its prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Y'Shaarj was the most powerful OG
    Stop making claims and present cold hard Blizzard proof that Y'Shaarj was the most powerful OG.

Y'Shaarj was the most powerful OG and had the largest empire, so mantid had the most military power and population during its prime.
    I wonder if the Mantid simply benefit from being thought of later, hence they have better models. I like the caster models of nerubians, the ones with the two front limbs. The overall Mantid model appeals to me more. The Mantid seem more fleshed out as well, seeing as we quested for a faction of them for an entire zone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rainforest View Post
    Stop making claims and present cold hard Blizzard proof that Y'Shaarj was the most powerful OG.
    Umm, the Chronicle? As the Titan's forces were gaining ground on Y'Shaarj's territory, the Old God was turning some of them insane. The Titanforged never faced the Old God directly. Aman-Thul himself tore Y'Shaarj from the ground. He was that big of a force, one that the Titanforged minions weren't even able to face. This is after they faced and beat the other three OG's.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainforest View Post
    I guess for all your bluster you never bothered to read Chronicle.
    The greatest of these bastions was built around Y'Shaarj, the most powerful and wicked of the Old Gods.
    --Chronicle

This was released in the preview, a month before the full release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mantid for the first 2 Mantid and Nerubians tied for third and Nerubians take 4.

Nerubians have more raw military might but the Mantid have better than average warriors and castors because they cull the weak. Mantid also have the ability to fly and they have science giving them machines of war, guns, explosives, and chemical weapons.

Nerubians had a massive empire spanning a whole continent so they obviously had a population that would have dwarfed any other species or faction on Azeroth. Only the Scourge could have defeated them because of their ability to convert the enemy.

I guess for all your bluster you never bothered to read Chronicle.
    You guessed wrong.

The greatest of these bastions was built around Y'Shaarj, the most powerful and wicked of the Old Gods.
    --Chronicle
    Thanks for the quote.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mantid for 3 and 4, Nerubian for 2, 1 is personal but I like the Nerubian aesthetics, and united, the insects would beat everyone else. There's a reason Lei Shen built that wall.

Look at this beauty:

Also, for Rainforest, you need to read the Warcraft Chronicles, where they clearly explained that Y'shaarj was the most powerful Old God (no one who've read it would ask).

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    (no one who've read it would ask).
    Sure thang boo boo kitty

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Mantid for the first 2 Mantid and Nerubians tied for third and Nerubians take 4.

Nerubians have more raw military might but the Mantid have better than average warriors and castors because they cull the weak. Mantid also have the ability to fly and they have science giving them machines of war, guns, explosives, and chemical weapons.

Nerubians had a massive empire spanning a whole continent so they obviously had a population that would have dwarfed any other species or faction on Azeroth. Only the Scourge could have defeated them because of their ability to convert the enemy.
    That's the thing. You're judging them after the fall of their leading Old God's, and the sundering of the continent. The Mantid spanned the breadth of the entire continent. Yogg's territory was only the north. The Cycle of the mantid started after the Pandaren emerged to counter them, further deepening after the Mogu emerged and enslaved the Pandaren, forcing them to build the Serpent's Spine. There were flying Nerubians too. I liken N'zoth, C'thun and Yogg as being about equal in might, with Y'Shaarj standing above the rest. Chronicle changed the lore of the Old God's competing for domination. I liked the old canon of them competing for dominance, but them working together to corrupt the whole world is kinda cool too.

Here we go:
    http://i.imgur.com/IApQXXG.jpg

Based on territory alone, Y'Shaarj wins. However, he's got so much more going for him, as laid out in Chronicle.
    Last edited by Fincayra; 2016-05-29 at 04:16 AM.
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    Chronicle changed the lore of the Old God's competing for domination. I liked the old canon of them competing for dominance, but them working together to corrupt the whole world is kinda cool too.
    Wait, that quote about N'Zoth's Warlord on the Dungeon Journal, where he and his forces waged war against the forces of C'thun and Yogg-Saron, isn't valid anymore? o_o

I had the impression that they worked together to conquer the land and THEN they waged their weird wars of pure Old God crazyness.

1. Nerubian
    2. Nerubian
    3. Mantid
    4. Qiraji
    5. The Titan Azeroth (presumably)
    Last edited by RedGamer030; 2016-05-29 at 04:23 AM.

Wait, that quote about N'Zoth's Warlord on the Dungeon Journal, where he and his forces waged war against the forces of C'thun and Yogg-Saron, isn't valid anymore? o_o

I had the impression that they worked together to conquer the land and THEN they waged their weird wars of pure Old God crazyness.
    Chronicle changed it. They subjugate the planet's inhabitants and corrupt the world soul. They don't compete for dominance now.

7+ Year Old Account
    1. Which empire has the best looking insect appearances? Definitely Nerubian; some being cunning, venomous spiders, others being literal tanks of chitin, fangs and horns.

2. Which empire has the best architecture and culture? Again, Nerubians take the cake in my opinion. The Nerubians built vast empires underneath the entirety of Northrend while holding off the Scourge, until Arthas stopped them.

3. Which empire had the most military power during their prime? Mantid, without question. Not only do they reproduce at an alarming rate, they have a Special Forces group designed to monitor the power of their queen. Said Special Forces are among the greatest of their ranks, surpassing even their Queen. To top it all off, they have Y'shaarj as their master, the most powerful of the known Old Gods.

4. Which empire had the most population during their primes? From what we've seen, Mantid have been a nuisance to the Pandaren for thousands of years, and repopulate fast enough to regain losses during their swarms. My vote goes to Mantid.

5. If all three of these empires joined together and become one giant insect empire during their primes. What would be the strongest faction they'll beat in the whole Warcraft Lore? Honestly? The Scourge could have probably defeated them. The insects have always relied on numbers and leadership. That falls away when you have an army of limitless undead, as well as replenishing soldiers with every fallen insectoid. No matter the time it would take, Scourge units fight until there's nothing left to fight with. The Nerubians would fall first, then C'thun's Qiraji. Mantid would take time, seeing as getting Scourge over to Pandaria would take a while, but in the end the Pandaren and Mogu corpses would only add fuel to the fire.
    * do you want to have a bad time?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Chronicle changed it. They subjugate the planet's inhabitants and corrupt the world soul. They don't compete for dominance now.
    I need to find the specific section that neutralizes their... rivalities in lore, because ok, they corrupt the souls and planets inhabitants, but they could totally keep the war between their forces after that -_-

I need to find the specific section that neutralizes their... rivalities in lore, because ok, they corrupt the souls and planets inhabitants, but they could totally keep the war between their forces after that -_-
    They even name the Old God's and their forces collectively: The Black Empire.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the thing. You're judging them after the fall of their leading Old God's, and the sundering of the continent. The Mantid spanned the breadth of the entire continent. Yogg's territory was only the north. The Cycle of the mantid started after the Pandaren emerged to counter them, further deepening after the Mogu emerged and enslaved the Pandaren, forcing them to build the Serpent's Spine. There were flying Nerubians too. I liken N'zoth, C'thun and Yogg as being about equal in might, with Y'Shaarj standing above the rest. Chronicle changed the lore of the Old God's competing for domination. I liked the old canon of them competing for dominance, but them working together to corrupt the whole world is kinda cool too.

Here we go:
    http://i.imgur.com/IApQXXG.jpg

Based on territory alone, Y'Shaarj wins. However, he's got so much more going for him, as laid out in Chronicle.
    The Mantid Nerubians, and Qiraji only evolved after the Old Gods were imprisoned and the world had sundered. Before then they were still one uniform race the Aqir.

Deleted
    I hate all those insect races. I'm glad they're dead.

1. Which empire has the best looking insect appearances?

The Nerubians were really cool and although we mostly saw Scourge Nerubians, I enjoyed the few instances were the living ones allied with us yet still stayed to themselves.

2. Which empire has the best architecture and culture?

The Mantid have some of the coolest architecture. I'd say Nerubians, but they were largely inspired by Tol'vir architecture so its hard to call it their own. The Mantid used both the inner parts of the Kypari trees and great towers of Amber for their holdfasts and visually, it was really awesome. The culture system behind the Primes and the Klaxxi interested me the most, though Nerubian culture is interesting too in that its implied they are no longer servants of the Old Gods or unwilling servants of the Old Gods.

3. Which empire had the most military power during their prime?

Judging by the sheer size of Azjol-Nerub, I'd say the Nerubians even if we didn't see them before they fell to the Scourge.

4. Which empire had the most population during their primes?

The Klaxxi or the Nerubians. Both were huge in numbers, though the Nerubians were decimated by the Scourge though we know a few survived. The Klaxxi manage to throw thousands upon thousands of their kind against the Mogu, Pandaren and other races of Pandaria and were still in huge numbers when we arrived.

5. If all three of these empires joined together and become one giant insect empire during their primes. What would be the strongest faction they'll beat in the whole Warcraft Lore?

They could likely topple the Alliance and Horde together just by their sheer size alone. Of course, the hero complex will always put us ahead of anyone in that each hero of the alliance and horde could stand and fight 10,000 foes at once. Realistically though, not much could stand in their way. The Burning Legion would offer heavy resistance and crush them in the end.
    Last edited by TheLostCodex; 2016-05-29 at 06:16 AM.