Page 40 of 138 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    Yeah. They retconned Lich King away. Many critics have said that they were waiting to see the Lich King. Lich King ended the First War by destroying the portal but they most likely removed him because Metzen doesn't like non-orcs.

Metzen ruined the movie.
    The Lich Kind didn't exist yet.. Nerzhul sure, but not the Lich King.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    The Lich Kind didn't exist yet.. Nerzhul sure, but not the Lich King.
    well arthas wouldent feel the hatred against the orcs as stormwind hadent fallen... also yeah no nerzhul, so idk, arthas's story may change abit
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Yeah you're right, I stated two observable facts. Thanks for noticing. I stated that it is financially successful for a first weekend, which is true. And I stated that fans are liking it, which is true. I didn't say if I agreed with them or not, I just stated the consensus.
    Going with plausible deniability, huh? "*I* didn't say the things, I just used other people to say the things so I could pretend I'm impartial."

What a bunch of malarkey.

Oops but no, that isn't what I said there, I was referring to specific individuals, I wasn't speaking in broad strokes, but good job reading something that wasn't said, you seem to be top notch at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    A bunch of people who have never played a video game in their life and a guy that things dragonball evolution is good aren't really the intended audience.
    Outside of Mr. Dragonball, "A bunch of people who have never played a video game in their life... aren't really the intended audience" is the definition of broad strokes. You literally said "People who have never played a video game in their life aren't really the intended audience" and you CANNOT say, "I just meant THOSE specific people who never played a video game in their life, and not everybody else who has never played a video game in their life."

NBA games are intended for NBA fans, I'm not an NBA fan, I play those games, I'm not the intended audience, yet I am using the product and giving them money. Have a nice day
    NBA games are for basketball fans, not just NBA fans. Unless you're trying to say you play NBA games despite having little to no interest, or even a dislike for, basketball video games. Sports games are also a far more niche market than Hollywood Tentpole Movies, which are intentionally designed to have mass market appeal and not appeal only to niche audiences.

Oh yeah it totally doesn't, You implied that "Star wars released in winter therefore successful films can do that" all whilst ignoring that there is a existing fanbase for those films. You compared apples and oranges, I called you out on that.
    Do you even know what apples and oranges means? You thought you were clever by pointing out that "WarCraft" was originally slated to come out in Winter, and therefore Legendary clearly wasn't trying to make a blockbuster, and then I pointed out that "The Force Awakens" came out on the exact day "WarCraft" was originally supposed to be released, and now you're trying to backtrack with completely irrelevant nonsense about fanbases. Legendary originally picked December because they figured it was when they would make the most money, and then "Star Wars" co-opted the date so Legendary moved "WarCraft" so as not to compete. The very fact that Legendary initially chose December completely negates this nonsense you're spewing about "fanbases."

I don't know if you believe the things that you say or if you just have an outrageous hate boner for me, but seriously, until you can come out with a genuine argument that counters mine, don't waste your time responding.
    You don't have an argument. You're just making up what you want to believe and putting it forth as truth, and then sticking your fingers in your ears and whining and crying when somebody points out that what you're putting out as fact, is untrue.

The fact is, Legendary opted in to making "WarCraft" because they thought they could tap into the fantasy/superhero market that exists right now, because they want to make money. They didn't make it to make people who play WarCraft feel good about themselves, and they certainly didn't pour $100 million plus into it just to pull WoW players and maybe make back what they spent. This isn't Winter's Bone or The Cider House Rules or 47 Ronin; this isn't a vanity art project, or Oscar bait. This is a studio trying to start a franchise and make hundreds of millions, if not billions, of dollars. And that means mass market appeal and, yes, pulling those people who haven't played a video game in their life.
    Last edited by Cooper; 2016-05-29 at 05:42 AM.

Yeah. They retconned Lich King away. Many critics have said that they were waiting to see the Lich King. Lich King ended the First War by destroying the portal but they most likely removed him because Metzen doesn't like non-orcs.

Metzen ruined the movie.
    This post is mind-boggling.

Nerzhul is an orc, so the "non-orc" statement doesn't seem to be related to anything... and Arthas is just a kid during the first war, with no involvement whatsoever. Also, the portal is never destroyed during the first war... I don't know what route the story goes here, but the first war ended in Stormwinds defeat and human retreat to Lordaeron where much of the second war takes place. Nerzhuls involvement is heavier during that particular war anyway... and the Dark portal isn't destroyed until the end of that (and Draenor isn't really destroyed until Nerzhul gets desperate as the alliance of Lordaeron pushes through the Dark portal and starts wreckin' shit on the orcs home turf, causing Nerzhul to start opening portals left and right).

Arthas himself isn't really a factor in the wars until the third war, and the Lich King wasn't, either... and that Lich King is kinda... larval. A pre-lich king who is still an orc until Arthas finally finds him at the end of the third war.

So, yeah, that statement has no basis in anything whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    khadgar tried to destroy the portal but the rift remained so they build Netherguarde Keep to guard the world.

10+ Year Old Account

Metzen ruined the movie.
    .........What? Are you trolling or something? Arthas probably was just a little guy lol
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Conclusion: anything Warcraft = €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€.

Be that RTS - MMO - Card game - movies.

And EVERY SINGLE TIME people were surprised. I was laughed at when I said before launch that Hearthstone - a card game - could make up to 400 million dollars per year.

Apparently these hate guys never learn...

----
    The problem is that the quality always suffered afterwards, so I guess Warcraft 4 will not be as good ... : But dear haters, with the incoming figures rest assured multiple Warcraft movies will be incoming...
    Last edited by BenBos; 2016-05-29 at 07:14 AM.

How can it be a flop when it isn't out till the 10 >_>

And you were quite wrong, well done for predicting it.

10+ Year Old Account
    No you didn't, shut up. You were just one of the people who bandwagon hated on this movie. Saying such things like "a videogame movie can't be successful". If a fantasy story can be successful, a fantasy story can be successful (which is what both WoW and LotR are). If the movie flops it's because of a bad director and or script. Actually no, if the movie flops that doesn't mean it's a bad movie. We shall see what the reviews are when real people review the movie.
    Last edited by ATZenith; 2016-05-29 at 07:27 AM.

As the number of reviews on IMDb goes up, the rating becomes more accurate.

I guess we should stop feeding the trolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but its going to settle in the 7s which is still respectable.

Quote Originally Posted by Anoikis View Post
    but I definitely want to see more!
    it cost $160 million to make, apparently in Germany and China its doing very well, not so much in USA, predicting a £25 million opening weekend there. Either way it only has to make 200 to 250 million for it to be very profitable. As far as sequels are concerned, Blizzard is making it not the big film studios so their requirements for sequels are probably much lower, it just has to make them a profit and they will probs make another. Or at least I hope, I could be wrong, I'm just assuming Blizzard made it with its own money.

Quote Originally Posted by druenos View Post
    it cost $160 million to make, apparently in Germany and China its doing very well, not so much in USA, predicting a £25 million opening weekend there. Either way it only has to make 200 to 250 million for it to be very profitable. As far as sequels are concerned, Blizzard is making it not the big film studios so their requirements for sequels are probably much lower, it just has to make them a profit and they will probs make another. Or at least I hope, I could be wrong, I'm just assuming Blizzard made it with its own money.
    Nearly every single thing about this post is incorrect.

1.) The movie isn't open in China.
    2.) Lengendary Pictures bankrolled this movie, not Blizzard
    3.) The movie studio will determine whether a sequel is made

On the other hand, you were kind of right about the amount of money it'd need to make to be profitable. Generally speaking, however, the Hollywood benchmark is double the production cost, so you'd be looking at around $320M worldwide box office cume for that to happen. That's not factoring marketing so the breakpoint of profitability for this movie is likely around the $400M range.

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    Yeah... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803096/
    8.2, must be a flop.
    Don't bother with the OP, that guy/girl is pretty absent from reality and a whiny basement-dweller... let it moan, complain and rot in peace... Movie is good, not a LoTR but very nice fantasy movie.. and apparently the large majority of the viewers agree!

I was skeptical about this movie and i sure wasn't disappointed when i thought it was going to be nothing special. While i understand they wanted to have some sort of beginning, the end result was something akin to Lord of the rings (utterly generic). I always thought this was a horrible part of the novels as well. Humans had way too much of a general plot shield, and the big baddie orcs (at the time) was soundly defeated at every major turn. It was just bad writing. Sure it had it's things that stuck out compared to other movies, but it wasn't enough. Boring movie, but i have more hopes for any chapters that comes after, as i think they are much more interesting. Hopefully Blizzard learns from their mistakes, and on top of that don't use a cast of utterly forgettable, shitty tv series actors who's acting performance is minimal at best. Holy shit, most of the actors were terrible.

Deleted
    you're dumb if you let some random reviewers decide your opinion. just watch it by ur self and then decide rofl

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Right now, sitting at a disastrous score in RT. It begs the question to what Blizzard was thinking with this shit again.

What was the point?
    Only a stupid person would believe scores on RT. Those retards gave 98% to Gravity, a worst movie in history, well at least in last 15 years....

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I guess I missed where Blizzard was funding the movie and not Legendary.

Oh wait, that's right, you have no fucking idea what you're talking about.
    Good thing Legendary is funding the movie so they can realize what a heap of shit it is and tell Activision no to the sequel.