Page 41 of 138 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    All i have seen is mixed reviews.
    Going to watch it this Tuesday for myself but its kinda funny to see reviews counter each other for example:

Some say the story is around a very basic fantasy plot, then others say they cant follow the story so what is it?
    Then you have ppl say the Visuals are basicly of a mobile app quality, others say that the CGI is the best they seen in years.
    Then you got ppl say that the acting is good but the casting is wierd on the human part, others say this movie has the acting of battlefield earth without the humor.

I mean on what way can i take critics serious now a days when they all say 100% different things i will make up my own mind this week about the movie and ignore the critics, i also liked batman v superman as a movie and critics did not and disliked captain america and critics loved it maybe i just have different tasts then those that are considered critics. I am pretty sure it will be a decent movie with good and bad elements i just cant take the fanboys nor the haters serious at all because otherwise there would not be alot of mixed views on this movie.
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2016-05-29 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    Good thing Legendary is funding the movie so they can realize what a heap of shit it is and tell Activision no to the sequel.
    Yeah its not like it debuted at #1 in several markets before it even released in the US.

Honestly grow up dude, I can't imagine somebody so pathetic that they hope something fails. It's really sad.

Is your life really that bad? I feel sorry for you.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    It won't 'flop', it will bring in lots of money, just because of its source material. It might not be a super great movie, but it won't need to be to make money.
    It won't make much tbh, at least not once you take out the money it took to make the movie in the first place. Doubt it hits 200 mil, will be lucky to make a profit

I certainly do hope for more. They didn't do good this time, but maybe they learn from their mistakes.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Yeah its not like it debuted at #1 in several markets before it even released in the US.

Honestly grow up dude, I can't imagine somebody so pathetic that they hope something fails. It's really sad.

Is your life really that bad? I feel sorry for you.
    Debuting at #1 doesn't mean anything bro. Plenty of terrible movies are #1... doesn't mean a damn thing for their total profits.

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Debuting at #1 doesn't mean anything bro. Plenty of terrible movies are #1... doesn't mean a damn thing for their total profits.
    Never said it did bro. However seeing the children dancing gleefully at the supposed failure of the movie is pretty pathetic to watch considering its debut.

Especially with the US/UK/China markets not even having the movie yet.

It's almost like...*gasp*...I'm waiting for the entire world to have access to the movie before I make a judgment on its success.

What a novel concept.

A $30M overseas launch isn't really a flop.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/bo...al-1201784970/

And it's yet to open in the UK (I expect it to do fairly well here). And wait until China goes to see it...

My brother and I went in with really low expectations and left the theater happy. We've been playing Warcraft since around 94 and really enjoyed this take on the story. I thought the CGI looked terrible in the early trailers I watched but they really improved and now gave the movie an unique look. The actors were mostly good. The king and Garona dragged down the movie a bit. Music jumped between really good and meh. My favourite part were Medivh though. All the stories except for Thrall's were interesting, but I think they needed another half hour to really tell them well enough.

This movie is probably only enjoyable if you're already a Warcraft fan. Even then, not many WoW players will be as excited about Lothar as people like us, who put hundreds of hours into WC2 in the 90s. I hope the movie makes enough money for there to be a second movie, because it kinda ended in an way that only makes sense in an trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Can you give some examples of movies that opened at #1 in 11+ international markets, yet failed to turn a profit overall? I assume you have "plenty" to choose from.

Deleted
    Had a ticket but chose to get drunk one day before and completely missed it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    It won't 'flop', it will bring in lots of money, just because of its source material. It might not be a super great movie, but it won't need to be to make money.
    Let be honest, is it a movie you can take your GF to and she will enjoy it? Probebly not. Is it a movie that attracted senior citizens segment, probebly not. Its a PG-13 film so it not for children. So its teen to -30 left...That make it a smale film.

The rule of thumb is that a moive must bring in double the cost to be profitable thats is $160*2= $320 million and it have done $16.3 million so far.

Black sheep that can save the moive, the "femenist elit" think Garona is a role model and give the moive there blessing. The chinese are numerous and the World of Warcraft movie is nonpolitical entertainment hence can be endorse by the dictatorship. While other more popular movies are hold back/banned.

according the numbers on the front page of mmoc, the movie only flopped in america...germany, russia, and china had huge numbers.

every single american fan will see this movie eventually, theyll just never admit to it. is funny to me
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

I think it's going to be "Choppers of Azeroth" level of bad.

I'll wait for the pir*tebay or dvd version.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Right now, sitting at a disastrous score in RT. It begs the question to what Blizzard was thinking with this shit again.

What was the point?
    Reviews don't make a flop. Box office does. And it hasn't released in the US but did well in every other country.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    according the numbers on the front page of mmoc, the movie only flopped in america...germany, russia, and china had huge numbers.

every single american fan will see this movie eventually, theyll just never admit to it. is funny to me
    Flopped here?

It's not out until June 10th.

who the hell cares about rotten tomatoes? it's a shit site, with retarded people. go for IMDB.
    So many good movies are rated bad, and bad movies good on rotten tomatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Flopped here?

It's not out until June 10th.
    good point, i dont know why i worded like that lmao.

but i mean pre sales, the presales everywhere else are legit
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It could be a temporary rush of WoW players is occurring. Let's see how it holds up.
    That's exactly what it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gunchix View Post
    who the hell cares about rotten tomatoes? it's a shit site, with retarded people. go for IMDB.
    So many good movies are rated bad, and bad movies good on rotten tomatoes.
    You mean go for imdb because it has the highest rating?

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    It's a safe bet this movie will flop. Hollywood has a notorious history with game movies.
    10 char. QFT