Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The four year old boy was more important than anything in that zoo including the gorilla, regardless of its endangerment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    The four year old boy was more important than anything in that zoo including the gorilla, regardless of its endangerment.
    The zoo needs to be shut down, if they cant keep unattended/ unsupervised toddlers out of small spaces at all times, they should be closed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    It's hard to say. There isn't raw video showing exactly what the gorilla was doing - various news reports have said that he was throwing the child.

I understand why the zoo employees did what they did. I don't like it, but I understand it. I just think it's absolutely shitty that the gorilla paid the ultimate price for inattentive, foolish parents.
    Video here
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36407643

Gorilla wasnt doing much to the child, stroking him mostly. He had been hurt but the Gorilla was acting protective towards the child. Yet they still shot him due to "risk"...
    Last edited by Orby; 2016-05-29 at 09:22 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I hope the parents are slapped with a fine for their child causing the death of a critically endangered gorilla and have the kid taken away and charges brought on them for negligence and child endangerment. Clearly if their kid can manage to get into an encloser with a gorilla, the parents need to be looked at.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Video here
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36407643

Gorilla wasnt doing much to the child, stroking him mostly. He had been hurt but the Gorilla was acting protective towards the child. Yet they still shot him...
    That's not the full video. That's the video that was on another news site, and the news site explicitly said that they removed the parts where the gorilla was dragging and throwing the boy.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Gorilla wasnt doing much to the child, stroking him mostly. He had been hurt but the Gorilla was acting protective towards the child. Yet they still shot him...
    How would you have gotten the child out?

I go to this zoo about 5x a year. I don't know how anyone could possibly slip into the gorilla cage/area. First its raised up pretty high. About 20 feet. There is always 30+ people around in this section since its a tight, narrow pathway. So therefore it becomes backed up and crowded. This young boy had to intentionally climb the 10 foot fence, then lower himself down the concrete wall and run through bamboo to even get up to the gorillas. This wasn't an accident. This guy took a good 15 minutes to get into that cage. This kids parents should be charged. There is just no way a kid slipped into that cage. Its impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerbleeder View Post
    I go to this zoo about 5x a year. I don't know how anyone could possibly slip into the gorilla cage/area. First its raised up pretty high. About 20 feet. There is always 30+ people around in this section since its a tight, narrow pathway. So therefore it becomes backed up and crowded. This young boy had to intentionally climb the 10 foot fence, then lower himself down the concrete wall and run through bamboo to even get up to the gorillas. This wasn't an accident. This guy took a good 15 minutes to get into that cage. This kid should be charged.
    The child is four years old. Four. We don't charge four year olds. Because they're four years old. FFS.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chumpkin View Post
    How would you have gotten the child out?
    A similar thing happened back in 1989 in America where the keepers managed to just frighten it away from the child... Could they have not done the same here? I am not expert on these things, but experts could have done alot more than just take the easy road.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    The child is four years old. Four. We don't charge four year olds. Because they're four years old. FFS.
    I corrected my response. I meant his parents, because clearly a kid doesn't slip pass a 10 foot wall without help.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Shitty fucking parents with a shitty fucking kid. Should have let Darwinism take its course; we have plenty of people who don't hop into fenced off enclosures even though they're told not to.
    wouldent Darwinism taking it course be the gorilla going extinct i mean there endangered so there clearly not doing so hot on the whole Darwin thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with this. The kid had to be saved. However, such situations should not be happening. Fix that enclosure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerbleeder View Post
    I corrected my response. I meant his parents, because clearly a kid doesn't slip pass a 10 foot wall without help.
    I completely agree with you on the parents. They need to fine the shit out of them. They were grossly irresponsible, at best.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

sucks about the dead ape, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

i know tranqs can take a few to work, but why not try a strong taser?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Such a shame, anyone who falls into an animal enclosure should be fair game not like we're critically endangered.
    even if that person is a kid, and even if it was an accident?

i dont necessarily disagree with you when some jackass jumps the fence to selfie with a tiger, but CMON MAN
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

A similar thing happened back in 1989 in America where the keepers managed to just frighten it away from the child... Could they have not done the same here? I am not expert on these things, but experts could have done alot more than just take the easy road.
    They are experts though, the animal handlers and the primatologists there know the risks when dealing with these animals. Trying to frighten a 400 pound gorilla that was already dragging and tossing a 4 year old probably wasn't the safest option. I really wish they didn't have to kill this incredible creature but this wasn't a situation to take risks

Always stupid people who are the death of beautiful animals like this, people have fallen down and get mauled by tigers, bears and lions and they didnt shoot them then, was not children but men but they let the animals finish them.

A world without people would be so much better for the animals.

Not blaming the kid but the parents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I'd shoot the kid instead. But that's just me.

They should have at least tried to knock the gorilla out.

We can clone another gorilla can't we?

Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    No animal is more valuable than a human, this isn't even a question.
    Is that so? please show me where this golden rule is writen?

certainly the gorilla was friends with one of his keepers, they could have gone in there and talked to it.

it had him for 10 minutes, more than enough time to coax him into putting the kid down.

this is a problem with the design of the enclosure. the types of enclosures that are open and have a mote or something, or the viewing area is high up, need to be done away with. it should just be a viewing room with a nice, solid window like this

http://www.reynoldspolymer.com/image...001/151784.jpg