Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Just blocked 82 ads on mmo-champion.com

EIGHTY TWO.

I know there's been threads about this before but mother fucking EIGHTY TWO ADS BLOCKED?

God no wonder...

WOWHEAD.com
    Global Rank: 802
    Country Rank (US): 685

Engagement: April, 2016
    Total Visits: 30.10M
    Time On Site 00:06:13
    Page Views 6.63

MMO-CHAMPION.COM
    Global Rank: 2773
    Country Rank (US): 1603

Total Visits 15.60M
    Time On Site 00:03:22
    Page Views 2.80

Source: https://www.similarweb.com/
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    EIGHTY TWO.

I know there's been threads about this before but mother fucking EIGHTY TWO ADS BLOCKED?

God no wonder...

WOWHEAD.com

Page Views 6.63

MMO-CHAMPION.COM

Total Visits 15.60M
    Page Views 2.80

What would life be without adblock? Disgruntled hosts would rejoice at least.

I need to get adblock because this site freezes my brand new top of the line computer sometimes.

same here, just blocked 59 ads right now. I would like to support mmochamp but impossble because my browser pretty much freeze without adblock.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    EIGHTY TWO.

God no wonder...

WOWHEAD.com

Page Views 6.63

MMO-CHAMPION.COM

Total Visits 15.60M
    Page Views 2.80

Thread not to long ago already, think it is locked now, but a mod was trying to call everyone out to say it was their browsers problem, not MMOC's since he was only blocking a single ad on each page, not a large number... Had a bit of backlash of people, obviously.

I'm currently at 28 on this very threads page; 43 on the Homepag; 27 on the Forum's page.

Using 'uBlock Origin' and 'AdBlock Plus'
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Yes, same here, I wouldn't care to block them if they weren't this obnoxious and dangerous to the integrity of my system, but anything that is interactive, tracks me, or makes noise will get blocked.

82, lol.

It was a bug and I got tired at around 8k, still
    When a player quits EVE and goes to WoW, the average IQ in both games increases.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    I need to get adblock because this site freezes my brand new top of the line computer sometimes.
    Well, here you go! :3

https://adblockplus.org/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    82, lol.

It was a bug and I got tired at around 8k, still
    Think that is "Total" adds blocked, not just on this site, or page.
    And I think that is the outdated "Adblock" addon, isn't? (Judging from icon?)

Deleted
    Blocked 57 ads right now, insane.

Deleted
    53 here at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    Think that is "Total" adds blocked, not just on this site, or page.
    And I think that is the outdated "Adblock" addon, isn't? (Judging from icon?)
    It was current page and it was back in Feb so don't know if it was outdated plugin or not. A haven't updated it and haven't since seen bug like that.

But it was quite fun to look at counter going up and up for 5 minutes.
    When a player quits EVE and goes to WoW, the average IQ in both games increases.

Log of blocked ads from uBlock Origin, specifically. (Fresh install of Windows 10 using Chromium)

http://pastebin.com/GQQ6JhyC

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    It was current page and it was back in Feb so don't know if it was outdated plugin or not. A haven't updated it and haven't since seen bug like that.

But it was quite fun to look at counter going up and up for 5 minutes.
    Oh!
    I had one on Youtube where one of mine was claiming to have blocked 109 ads on a SINGLE PAGE!
    I think it was a screw up on Google's end; It has since no longer been an issue.

Deleted
    MMO-champion has these HUGE ads these days that certainly encourage us all to use ad-blockers.

Also one of the reasons I never visit wowhead anymore. That site is one big advertismeent.

Blame Curse. Curse for *years* has not given a shit about how annoying or draining its ads are and there have been multiple viruses come from Curse's ad servers. Don't dare leave the curse client open if you use it for addons either or you'll have papa john yelling in your ear in the middle of the night.

Deleted
    I stopped visiting the site on my S4 because when ever I visit the forums on it. I get redirected to some spamware site telling me to download a update. The ad site also makes my Phone Vibrate and ring.

Deleted
    why use an adblocker ? your hosts file is far superior

Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    I stopped visiting the site on my S4 because when ever I visit the forums on it. I get redirected to some spamware site telling me to download a update. The ad site also makes my Phone Vibrate and ring.
    Think that is also partially because Curse isn't supported for Mobile devices. (Atleast, MMOC isn't. Don't know for sure about Cure. I avoid the Curse Network except for here like the plague. If the addons I use arn't on WoWace or Wowinterface, I ignore them because I had navigating Curse.)

I had once gotten a full 1080p video ad on my phone when I loaded it... Have not ever returned after that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yogsohot View Post
    why use an adblocker ? your hosts file is far superior
    I have trust issues with Microsoft and their terrible, dirty, unorganized mess they call a File System and Registry. :P NT needs to go DIE.

10+ Year Old Account
    When it says 82 ads blocked, it doesn't exactly mean 82 ads were blocked, right? I don't understand how any of this really works, but I remember reading somewhere about it what that number meant, and it wasn't 82 = 82 ads blocked.

Can someone explain that to me? I'm curious now.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    When it says 82 ads blocked, it doesn't exactly mean 82 ads were blocked, right? I don't understand how any of this really works, but I remember reading somewhere about it what that number meant, and it wasn't 82 = 82 ads blocked.

Can someone explain that to me? I'm curious now.
    It blocked 82 scripts or other random things like Google Analytics that aren't ads at all. There are usually 3-5 actual ads on the page.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    It blocked 82 scripts or other random things like Google Analytics that aren't ads at all. There are usually 3-5 actual ads on the page.
    Cheers, thank you Chaud.