Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Fanboys have already made up their minds even before going into the theatre. At most you'll get an "it's not perfect" out of them. They have already given it 8/10, after they see it they decide on the last two points. If you say anything bad about it you are literally shit in their eyes.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    It's the same reason soccer hooliganism exists : a mix of people thinking they owe something to blizzard and mob mentality. To be honest I'm much more baffled by people who just try very hard to argue against legacy servers.
    im baffled about the cancer Pro Legacy peeps are spreading with constantly bashing anyone who actually likes Blizz and is still playing WoD despite its lack of content

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clouduken View Post
    I'm all for having your own opinion and not just basing your opinion on reviews, but USUALLY if reviews are so bad, it's just all around bad no matter what perspective. I'm not saying some won't enjoy it. Some might even love it. Just a popular discussion is that a lot of good movies have low scores on review cites, and I agree, but none are that low. I'm just trying to be devil's advocate here. A lot, but not all, people are being aggresive defending this movie saying the reviewers are shit and people that base their opinions on them are naive. I don't get the agressive defending is all.
    Firstly, welcome to the forums OP, congratulations on your first ever post

I have seen far more people aggressively attacking the film than defending it, which is strange considering it isn't even out yet. Personally I will wait for it to be released for home viewing before watching it, and then I will make my own mind up whether I like it or not.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I prefer to make my own views and critique of the movie myself than let others (especially others that happened to be completely off the mark with what I like or not about movies). I see jumping on a bandwagon, going either direction, without seeing it yourself as incredibly ignorant.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Love how some are just not even reading anything I said. I didn't ask why are you defending it because it's bad. I didn't ask how could you like a bad movie. I was just wondering why some were defending it to the grave, and not even accepting it could be a bad movie. Like I said in the original post, some people will probably love it. And I'm not "bashing on anything Blizzard" because 1. It's not Blizzard, it's Legendary pictures. And 2. I'm a huge Blizzard fan.

Deleted
    Critics hated Shawshank redemption when it came out.

It is currently the highest rated movie of all time on imdb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Only thing that annoys me about the reviews are the morons who post "Oh I haven't seen it yet but I totally know it's gonna be good 10/10".
    I think they said somewhere that, if the movie went well, they'd consider making Warcraft 2 and 3. I've been waiting for a movie about Arthas for 6 years. Even if Warcraft is trash, I will still rate it 10/10 for that possibility alone.

Because most of fanboys are blind.

pointing out that people have an incorrect view does not mean youre defending the other side

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I think they said somewhere that, if the movie went well, they'd consider making Warcraft 2 and 3. I've been waiting for a movie about Arthas for 6 years. Even if Warcraft is trash, I will still rate it 10/10 for that possibility alone.
    a miniseries would be better

Deleted
    European critics and viewers give the movie a 8.2/10, American critics give it a 3/10 because they are not allowed to see it yet.

people are defending it when the reviews are biased or driven by personal hate towards blizzard or any of their games. for example "bad movie by a bad company" what kind of a review is that.....

I'm all for having your own opinion and not just basing your opinion on reviews, but USUALLY if reviews are so bad, it's just all around bad no matter what perspective. I'm not saying some won't enjoy it. Some might even love it. Just a popular discussion is that a lot of good movies have low scores on review cites, and I agree, but none are that low. I'm just trying to be devil's advocate here. A lot, but not all, people are being aggresive defending this movie saying the reviewers are shit and people that base their opinions on them are naive. I don't get the agressive defending is all.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803096/

how is 8.1 @ 11.000 reviews bad?

You just played yourself.

Edit: oh, I just saw that OP is just a dimwit fake account. Nothing to see here
    Last edited by Karon; 2016-05-29 at 12:05 PM.

I'm all for having your own opinion and not just basing your opinion on reviews, but USUALLY if reviews are so bad, it's just all around bad no matter what perspective.
    Are the reviews that bad? Seeing the comment here, I get the impression it is a decent film.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Because it is about your own opinion.
    That.
    End of Thread

Love how some are just not even reading anything I said. I didn't ask why are you defending it because it's bad. I didn't ask how could you like a bad movie. I was just wondering why some were defending it to the grave, and not even accepting it could be a bad movie. Like I said in the original post, some people will probably love it. And I'm not "bashing on anything Blizzard" because 1. It's not Blizzard, it's Legendary pictures. And 2. I'm a huge Blizzard fan.
    You do realize this has been released in a number of markets, right? As some here have pointed out, they actually saw the film. So if they liked it and the critics disagree, then they are going to take issue with those critics. Yes, some just reflexively defend it, but there is a significant number of people who saw the film that are questioning the critical consensus (and given the small number of press reviews, it's hardly a consensus yet). The impression I've gotten, having not seen the film, is that Warcraft fans seem to enjoy it far more than non-fans. In fact, it would seem like one of the faults I've seen from non-fans is that they didn't feel connected to what was going on, while fans were connected before the film even started.

I'm happy that it seems to be well liked by Warcraft fans, since that's what I am. For a lot of franchises I've loved, film adaptations are at the very least divisive, and some just outright loathed. I'm glad to see a video game film actually made for the fans, and look forward to consuming the endless references to the games. Might not make for a critical darling, but it's what I want to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, the reviews were the shit, the movie was actually quite good. And it was explained many times before that they didn't follow the lore to the dot. It could've been better, but for something to appeal and be made for all, it was quite good.

What aggressive defenders too could be said with aggressive opposing people as well, claiming it would fail before it even went out.

But in the end, PERSONAL OPINION OVERULE REVIEWS.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by b4dcrc View Post
    I watched it and I have to say it's not terrible, but it is far from good. They made changes in the story that don't make sense and they stuff characters down your throat in such a quick succsession that no one except for people who know the lore by heart are even able to keep up which in itself is bad, but what makes it actually a lot worse is that none of the characters has any chance to grow in any way, they are all flat and you feel nothing for them. As an example the characters seemed more alive in the WoD trailer than in the warcraft movie. Another problem is that there were so many cliches and forced "lovey dovey" scenes in the movie that it felt ridiculous. Another problem was the timeline, they didn't really start at the beginning in terms of the available lore so there was a lot of background information you had to have to really make sense of anything which i'm pretty sure is horrible to watch for people new to the franchise or those that don't know a lot about the lore. The acting was pretty bad although i'm not sure how much of that is due to the script not giving the actors enough playroom and how much is actually the actors being bad. Cinematography was alright but with the what i guess is a pg13 rating in the US some scenes were just bad. Like at a point some dude gets completely impaled by a weapon and after that you see a shot from above and he has like a little red splatter on his COMPLETELY INTACT armor, this movie would have really needed to get an R rating if it wanted to be gritty (and it wanted to be that).
    Tbh, for me that fits the description of a pretty terrible movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post

But in the end, PERSONAL OPINION OVERULE REVIEWS.
    We are not discussing personal opinion, but whether the movie is good or not (and no, this is not just down to personal opinion).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    a miniseries would be better
    Nnooooo I can't stand series!

Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    We are not discussing personal opinion, but whether the movie is good or not (and no, this is not just down to personal opinion).
    I hope you are not being serious. I do not need anyone to tell me whether something like a film, book etc, is good or bad.

Your in a forum for Warcraft fans, and you wonder why they defend a Warcraft movie...