Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I know you want to believe that, but it simply isn't true. You're confusing actus reus with mens rea. It's like arguing that picking up the wrong briefcase shows "intent to steal".
    when you do it over and over again and never pick up the right brief case it sure does
    look if it was only one email and that email was incriminating you can claim coincidence, or 5 out of the 20 that went missing was incriminating you can make the case of just a statistical coincidence but when 3 were missing and all three was incriminating then statistically it isn't a coincidence any more it is intentional
    you do the math out of the 50k plus email she turned over three were found to be missing from what she turned over and of those 3 all 3 was incriminating the probability of that just being a statistical coincidence is so minutely small for that to possibly happen a reasonable person would rightfully believe it wasn't no dam coincidence but intentional

you put 50k plus folded up peaces of paper in a bowl and of those 50k plus you mark 3 of them what would be the odds that you reach in and pick out three of them and the three you picked was the three that was marked?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    They have no authority to seize them, and Powell hasn't handed them over. So I really don't know why you'd think they got his records from Yahoo.
    but once again Powell cooperated with the IG investigation he went and answered questions H. Clinton did not she refused too and so did her aids
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2016-05-27 at 09:27 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Boy this email scandal won't go away. Powell looks like he's in no better position himself.

Not sure what's so hard about just letting the government you work for remain in charge of your email, and you use your own personal account just for personal correspondence.
    What's great is that the report ALSO mentions that several Secretary's going back to the beginning of email did not handle their's properly. But when did facts ever get in the way of a GOP witch-hunt - one they already basically admitted was being conducted to derail her Presidential campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    What's great is that the report ALSO mentions that several Secretary's going back to the beginning of email did not handle their's properly. But when did facts ever get in the way of a GOP witch-hunt - one they already basically admitted was being conducted to derail her Presidential campaign.
    Hillary Clinton said 'my predecessors did the same thing' with email
    We rate this claim Mostly False

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...did-same-thin/
    Clinton E-mail Scandal: 5 More Lies Uncovered By Inspector General Report

“Others had done it.”

The Clinton camp has tried to downplay the scandal by noting that Colin Powell used a private e-mail account when he was Secretary of State.

But the IG notes that the rules in place were different then because State “was not aware at the time of the magnitude of the security risks associated with information technology.” By the time Clinton came on the scene, the IG says, State’s “guidance was considerably more detailed and more sophisticated.”
    http://www.investors.com/politics/ed...eneral-report/

because it isn't a fact it is apples and oranges

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    because it isn't a fact it is apples and oranges
    I guess making sense isn't a big issue for you either.

Here is something else to chew on:

Where was the GOP outrage for this little email scandal: http://www.pensitoreview.com/2015/03...l-media-yawns/

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Not for the lack of trying though considering there have been a couple dozen attempts and even about 4 or 5 people jumping the White House fence. That was never seen before this president.
    Just because you're ignorant of those attempts, doesn't mean they didn't happen before Obama.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hillary Clinton should send Thank-You cards and flowers to every single Republican on the House Benghazi investigation - if the Republicans hadn't spent years convincing everyone that there was nothing to her email beyond a partisan witch hunt, if this had come out of seemingly nowhere to the forefront of the race, she might find the Dem Nomination slipping from her grasp. As it is, thanks to years of inoculation by Republicans, this is barely going to make a dent (though an indictment, or mass condemnation by the FBI, might still finish her campaign).
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Just because you're ignorant of those attempts, doesn't mean they didn't happen before Obama.
    Considering the reported attempts to the Secret Service has gone up 400% against Obama, they certainly didn't happen to this extent. Am I denying that all presidents didn't have assassination attempts? Nope. But to say that no one has tried to against Obama is pants on head retarded. We have NEVER heard of someone jumping the fence or flying a gyrocopter into the whitehouse grounds before Obama. Not to mention that the RWNJs think that Obama is coming for their guns so they think they need militias which has risen dramatically because of the mouthbreathers from AM radio keep telling a lot of bullshit conspiracy theories like FEMA camps are coming and Jade Helm 15 was an attack on the Southwest like Alex Jones said it was.

Sorry but anyone that says shit like they do, need to be removed from the air. Whatever happened to integrity in journalism? If we had laws like Canada does, Fox News, couldn't be called news anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Well then kiss Trump goodbye too. One of the reasons he gave for not releasing his taxes since 2008 was that he was being audited by the IRS. Which, in turn, is a federal investigation.

Oh, and he's been caught cheating on his taxes before. Granted it was in 1986 but he did cut a deal and testified, but he was caught. So the accusations, plural, are not baseless.
    Lol. IRS/Tax issues vs. FBI investigation/issues of national security. The two don't even begin to compare. But I fully expect a liberal to come along and say otherwise in short order here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Lol. IRS/Tax issues vs. FBI investigation/issues of national security. The two don't even begin to compare. But I fully expect a liberal to come along and say otherwise in short order here.
    Then perhaps your issue is with the person I was quoting, when they said "some kind of federal investigation". I was merely pointing out the obvious irony.

Tho to be fair, I am a liberal, and I'm not okay with intentionally defrauding the US govt by cheating on your taxes. I don't know how I would "compare" that to...whatever specific crime Clinton wasn't charged with...on a point scale or anything. But of the two candidates, Trump is the one who has used "I am under federal investigation" as an excuse not to participate in the same sharing of information the other candidates have. And that's hilarious.

And, again to be fair, if Clinton was running with a strong, stated plan of "I will lessen the rules governing our national security" I'd find that kind of blatant self-interest pretty damn sketchy. Of course, she's not. Trump is, however, running with a strong, stated (numbers!) plan of reducing taxes on the rich by a large amount, something that is blatantly in his self-interest.

And again, also to be fair, cheating on your taxes is a felony. You go to jail for that shit. I wouldn't laugh that off.

The mental gymnastics are quite amusing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Hillary Clinton should send Thank-You cards and flowers to every single Republican on the House Benghazi investigation - if the Republicans hadn't spent years convincing everyone that there was nothing to her email beyond a partisan witch hunt, if this had come out of seemingly nowhere to the forefront of the race, she might find the Dem Nomination slipping from her grasp. As it is, thanks to years of inoculation by Republicans, this is barely going to make a dent (though an indictment, or mass condemnation by the FBI, might still finish her campaign).
    The problem with folks like you is that you make statements like you did above based solely on your inability to truly understand the actual facts. You conflate separate incidents and treat them as one.

The Benghazi hearings don't have a SINGLE FUCKING THING to do with HRC's usage of a private email server. They are not even remotely linked - in any way, shape, or form.

The fact that she used a private email server was brought to light by Judical Watch in their requests for her emails and the Freedom of Information Act.

The Benghazi hearing were held to try and determine what Clinton knew about the attack on the embassy and when she knew it. She specifically and intentionally lied to the American public when she - and Susan Rice (who was directed to say what she did BY HRC) - said the attack was due to an internet video. That knew at the time the attack happened that that was NOT the case. She lied for a specific reason - the re-election of Obama was 2 months away and they were doing everything they could to protect him. It has been proven conclusively by HRC's testimony in the hearings that she DID LIE! The investigation has NOTHING TO DO WITH HER PRIVATE EMAIL SERVER!

The FBI - which is NOT PARTISAN IN ANY FUCKING WAY - decided to open it's investigation on HRC based on the fact the she specifically circumvented established Federal guidelines for the archival of public servant emails by establishing her own private email server. The possibility also exists that she handled classified emails on this server in an insecure manner which is AGAINST FEDERAL LAW. The investigation has not been concluded. They still have not interviewed Clinton herself. The FBI learned of this NOT from the Benghazi hearings but from Judicial Watch's FOIA requests.

A few other things to note:

1) Despite repeatedly saying she would cooperate with all investigations, HRC and her top aides REFUSED to cooperate with her own departments internal review of her email server/usage.

2) Judicial Watch was granted the right to depose HRC and her top aides in a separate civil suit. The judge that authorized this is a Clinton appointee. He allowed the suit to go forward because:

In a Memorandum and Order issued today, Judge Sullivan found that “Judicial Watch raises significant questions in its Motion for Discovery about whether the State Department processed documents in good faith in response to Judicial Watch’s FOIA request. Judicial Watch is therefore entitled to limited discovery.” Judge Sullivan also questions, citing Supreme Court precedent, whether the State Department and Mrs. Clinton “purposefully routed…document[s] out of agency possession in order to circumvent a FOIA request.”
    Last edited by mmocc836e66a65; 2016-05-29 at 12:02 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Considering the reported attempts to the Secret Service has gone up 400% against Obama, they certainly didn't happen to this extent. Am I denying that all presidents didn't have assassination attempts? Nope. But to say that no one has tried to against Obama is pants on head retarded. We have NEVER heard of someone jumping the fence or flying a gyrocopter into the whitehouse grounds before Obama. Not to mention that the RWNJs think that Obama is coming for their guns so they think they need militias which has risen dramatically because of the mouthbreathers from AM radio keep telling a lot of bullshit conspiracy theories like FEMA camps are coming and Jade Helm 15 was an attack on the Southwest like Alex Jones said it was.

Sorry but anyone that says shit like they do, need to be removed from the air. Whatever happened to integrity in journalism? If we had laws like Canada does, Fox News, couldn't be called news anymore.
    Like what? In what way is Canada's laws different? You saying Canada does not have freedom of the press?

The five crimes committed by Hillary have been irrefutable for a while now.

There really is no way an intelligent person can say she didn't commit these offenses.

If you pay close enough attention to the history of statements from the Hillary camp you'll see that after months and months of changing her story each time a new bit of information came out she's finally got nothing left to lie about.

For her it's no longer a matter of "I didn't do it" it's a matter of "I shouldn't be punished for it because I'm Hillary".

You know the latest polling shows that for the first time in history both candidates have surpassed the previous records for dis-favorable percentages?

That proves most politically active Americans care more about being rage fueled and hate bonered over agendas and party lines than they do about the people there voting vote.

They hate their own choice but they hate the other teams pick and the people supporting it more.

It's just hate hate fucking hate all day long and it's coming from both sides in equal measure despite the fact that one side in particular claims themselves immune to being hateful.

I bet I live to see Civil War II.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Boy this email scandal won't go away. Powell looks like he's in no better position himself.
    I've never understand the Powell Gambit as a defense of impropriety. Both of their actions were plainly against policy, federal agencies are very clear with their employees about those policies, and there's no plausible reason to break those policies aside from a sleazy attempt to maintain secrecy. Pointing out that Colin Powell is also sleazy doesn't change this in any meaningful way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Yeah, it's definitely the fault of Republicans that staunch Democrats seem completely immune to noticing that their chosen candidate is deeply corrupt. If only the Republicans had been more polite, Democrats surely would have picked a better candidate

Since when did "somebody else did something wrong too" become a legal defense for anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I've never understand the Powell Gambit as a defense of impropriety. Both of their actions were plainly against policy, federal agencies are very clear with their employees about those policies, and there's no plausible reason to break those policies aside from a sleazy attempt to maintain secrecy. Pointing out that Colin Powell is also sleazy doesn't change this in any meaningful way.
    You are missing the reason for Colin Powell's use of personal e-mail, it wasn't sleazy - just that state department wasn't well-organized.

He claims that state department didn't have a good e-mail system when he was appointed, and that he tried to fix it - but still relied on his personal e-mail:
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...204-story.html
    (I believe some sources report that they didn't even have e-mail for the secretary of state when he started.)
    I don't know if Hillary prioritized fixing this - and tried to actually recruit someone competent for that.

and haven't I already discredited that claim -- but I guess it is you that wont let facts get in the way of your false narrative

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    It's just hate hate fucking hate all day long and it's coming from both sides in equal measure despite the fact that one side in particular claims themselves immune to being hateful.

I bet I live to see Civil War II.
    I can tell you one thing for certain: Trump's camp isn't tyrannical.

You will see Hilary's true colors soon.

Scarlet by the way. Those demons moved to the wrong country this time.

Still, I have to admire how nothing sticks to Hilary. The sheer corruption that surrounds her is unbelievable, and yet, she has an army of loyal followers.

Ask yourself why.

It's funny. Hillary keeps avoiding debates and hiding (because when she opens her mouth her entire campaign goes down the drain), but now that the field is down to her and Donald, it's over for her.

So glad that the Clinton regime is getting exposed for what they truly are.

Trump has this in the bag, and thank God for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Judge Sullivan also questions, citing Supreme Court precedent, whether the State Department and Mrs. Clinton “purposefully routed…document[s] out of agency possession in order to circumvent a FOIA request.”
    You forgot two words, I have marked them for you...