Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Revenge of the Horde Patch Trailer!

Enjoy

SquareEnix are really doing amazing work on a consistent basis! Best MMORPG out there by miles and miles <3

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    I wish their animations for attacks felt more satisfying. I would love to play their mmo, but I get too bored due to the lack of action.
    Try a ninja. I could watch mine do that TD Raiz=>Backflip during one of her skills all day, and there's a bunch of other cool things she does when attacking..

It's kind of funny that FF XIV has almost more content in a content patch than World of Warcraft in an entire expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Prifter View Post
    It's kind of funny that FF XIV has almost more content in a content patch than World of Warcraft in an entire expansion.
    Sad, but eerily close to true. I've played HW more in the past 18 months than WoD...and HW hasn't even been out for those entire 18 months.

Anyway, trailer also showcases dyeable Final Coil armor, akin to how 3.2 brought dyeable Allagan gear. Not something they've went out of the way to advertise, but cool nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Sad, but eerily close to true. I've played HW more in the past 18 months than WoD...and HW hasn't even been out for those entire 18 months.

Anyway, trailer also showcases dyeable Final Coil armor, akin to how 3.2 brought dyeable Allagan gear. Not something they've went out of the way to advertise, but cool nonetheless.
    So true! crazy how they give us so much content in each patch. Blizzard needs to take note btw Flying Fenrir incoming!

Now if only Blizzard had this kind of quick content delivery. No real excuse since they have a large team for WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Now if only Blizzard had this kind of quick content delivery. No real excuse since they have a large team for WoW.
    i know right! mad excuses from blizzard lol

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    They have a lot of fans who'll eat up anything they do (or don't in this case).

That's a lot of content for a patch

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda makes me wanna pick up FFXIV again. I got out around the time HW dropped cause I was undecided if I wanted to play it or not
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

So I just noticed but during the trial fight you seem to fight the human form too? At least when he does his flashy special attack you see a more humanoid shape that's wielding a spear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    That's a lot of content for a patch
    Lol this is normal for FFXIV

Question!

Does solo / small groups (Like 2-3 people)do well when starting from the beginning to getting to the end without being 'roadblocked'? (EXP penalty, forcing to pug, requiring a tank or healer for something, non-sharable quests, etc etc.)

Question 2:
    About how long would it take with in-game playtime to get from the beginning to the current content patch?

:< Curious cause' I'm currently out of games to play with friends except for Overwatch, Modded Minecraft. D:
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    Question!

Does solo / small groups (Like 2-3 people)do well when starting from the beginning to getting to the end without being 'roadblocked'? (EXP penalty, forcing to pug, requiring a tank or healer for something, non-sharable quests, etc etc.)

Question 2:
    About how long would it take with in-game playtime to get from the beginning to the current content patch?

:< Curious cause' I'm currently out of games to play with friends except for Overwatch, Modded Minecraft. D:
    1) You'll hit a LOT of dungeons which is limited to a group of four. So yes, but if you have that many people, at least one person needs to have a tank or healer role. Most of the pre-50 dungeons (or at least the ones tied to the Main Scenario) are relatively easy.

2) That depends on how many sidequests you do. How many FATEs you do. How much dialogue you read.

1-50 doing every side quest, daily dungeon queues (these offer a LOT of XP), doing every class/job quest, doing the Hall of Novice to the end to get the sweet xp boost ring (besides the gear, this alone is worth it), and reading all (or most of the dialogue), you're looking at 50~60 hours of game time.

Then you have the story grind at level 50. If you just follow the main story and do dungeon dailies along the way (and have Heavensward already), you're looking to hit the expansion zones 2 to even 4 levels later (which cuts down on the level 50-60 grind). Regardless, it's probably another 40~50 hours of gametime if you watch all the cutscenes and read all the dialogue.

AFTER THAT, you have to do level 50-60 story and levelling. And it can take just as long as level 1-50.

So...it's an investment to even get to level 60. Then you'd have to do the two patches worth of story to get caught up to 3.3. It's not likely something you'll get done before the patch comes out. Really, I'd suggest just taking your time and enjoying it. The story is something you'll have to go through anyway even if you wait until the next expansion. It's not like WoW where you can miss the story if you skip a patch.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Question!

You can solo to cap for sure - I did it.

You will be forced to run dungeons (at least once) along the way but they are all queue-able. You will roll through most of them without too much trouble.

Don't know about small groups - as I said, I leveled solo.

Question 2:

A couple of months ... depends on how much you play I suppose.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Deleted
    I need that dragoon limit break.

Nah, I don't have the Expansion. Just the base game.
    Didn't think I would have much need (Or use) to buy the Expansion when just starting out fresh. Will probably buy it once I get to the base-game max-level, or if I hit something prior to that would require it.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I don't have the Expansion. Just the base game.
    Didn't think I would have much need (Or use) to buy the Expansion when just starting out fresh. Will probably buy it once I get to the base-game max-level, or if I hit something prior to that would require it.
    49 is my advice one level below base games cap

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Kinda makes me wanna pick up FFXIV again. I got out around the time HW dropped cause I was undecided if I wanted to play it or not
    you totally should! this patch is going to be awesome and theres gonna be 2 more patches after this before the expansion