Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    Gotta be careful, the audience here tonight is edgier than a 20-sided dice.

Of course they did the right thing. How that is even a question is mind-boggling to me.
    This. They did the right thing, tragic as it was for the gorilla.

Stood in the Fire The5thVegetable's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't really see why human lives are set in such a higher regard than animal lives. I mean, really, what entitles us to be worth so much more than everything else? Because we're "better" than them? By that logic, if a human is better than another human, he has the right to kill and eat that person if he sees fit.

(Then again, some people would probably call me crazy)

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    I would have let the boy die. Give a lesson to parents everywhere to "WATCH THEIR GOD DAMNED KIDS!"
    The kid should die to teach the parents?
    The fuck is your problem?

Quote Originally Posted by The5thVegetable View Post
    I don't really see why human lives are set in such a higher regard than animal lives. I mean, really, what entitles us to be worth so much more than everything else? Because we're "better" than them? By that logic, if a human is better than another human, he has the right to kill and eat that person if he sees fit.

(Then again, some people would probably call me crazy)

The fact you can even pose this question is what entitles us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    The kid should die to teach the parents?
    The fuck is your problem?
    Parents letting him spend too much time on the internet.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Depends, poachers is killed on sight in many places as they should be, no mercy for poachers. And that still does not make human lifes more valuble just because the punishment for killing a human is greater..
    A lot of poachers are just doing it to feed their families. Better go after the people hiring them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a problem with this. Sure it would have been better to tranq it, but if all you've got handy is a lethal weapon you don't have much choice in the matter. Good call.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope the zoo sues the family, fuck those people.

Poor gorilla had to die because of a retard. "Think of children!" - I hate this
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

If only there was some sort of technology that would allow people to see the animal without them being able to pass into the enclosure.

This is why people should take tests before having children.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Absolutely.

Then we need to find out why/how the human got inside. Maybe it was some kind of accident (in which case the zoo needs to rethink how the enclosures are designed to prevent that in the future).

If the humans were doing some kind of "LOL GET DRUNK AND CLIMB IN TO TAKE A SELFIE WITH A GORILLA LOL" stupid shit, or something equally stupid where an unsupervised child got inside, the humans should be punished severely (huge fines, jail time, or whatever else can be thrown at them). Either way, I'd still put human life above a zoo exhibit's life, endangered or not.

Deleted
    sad, but it had to be done. the zoo has to priorise humans over animals, still though, how do parents let their kids do this stuff?

you know what ?

STOP VISITING ZOOS ....and start Protecting them in the Wild, where they belong

Fucking Humans

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Animals<People, sorry to break your bubble hippies.
    In our current war, we have killed many children in missile strikes targeting relatively minor enemy operatives. It seems like in the real world, your rule of treating the lives of children as 'sacred' isn't applied universally. Every person on this thread that makes the argument that there 'is no argument when it comes to protecting children' are actually saying 'I am being completely irrational because I am imagining my own child in that situation.'

Humans are programmed on a genetic level to cherish the lives of their offspring, it is a phenomena that exists because it is an extremely useful trait for improving the survival odds of the species. Irrational emotional responses that stem from genetic programming are not valid arguments when it comes to attempting to answer a philosophical question within a rational universal ethical framework.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Absolutely.

Then we need to find out why/how the human got inside. Maybe it was some kind of accident (in which case the zoo needs to rethink how the enclosures are designed to prevent that in the future).

If the humans were doing some kind of "LOL GET DRUNK AND CLIMB IN TO TAKE A SELFIE WITH A GORILLA LOL" stupid shit, or something equally stupid where an unsupervised child got inside, the humans should be punished severely (huge fines, jail time, or whatever else can be thrown at them). Either way, I'd still put human life above a zoo exhibit's life, endangered or not.
    The kid climbed through a fence, climbed through some giant bushes, climbed over the lip of the ditch, and then fell into the water in the ditch.

The mother claims to have been distracted by another child during all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    In our current war, we have killed many children in missile strikes targeting relatively minor enemy operatives. It seems like in the real world, your rule of treating the lives of children as 'sacred' isn't applied universally. Every person on this thread that makes the argument that there 'is no argument when it comes to protecting children' are actually saying 'I am being completely irrational because I am imagining my own child in that situation.'

Humans are programmed on a genetic level to cherish the lives of their offspring, it is a phenomena that exists because it is an extremely useful trait for improving the survival odds of the species. Irrational emotional responses that stem from genetic programming are not valid arguments when it comes to attempting to answer a philosophical question within a rational universal ethical framework.
    Collateral damage in a combat zone is not equal to willfully choosing to let an ape possible kill or maim a child. Nice false equivalency though.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Better than kid gettin torn apart by a Gorilla. Still, fire who failed to properly enclose the cage. I would blame the mother too.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-05-29 at 02:52 PM.

An awful situation, but it probably had to be done. The family should be punished as much as is possible by the law, which isn't very much.

On the subject of the gorillas, I have a feeling they'll have to be relocated out of Africa at some point to special preserves in Australia or South America to save them. I hope it is done sooner rather than later.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they did the right thing, but I don't think that gorilla was going to harm the kid. From the video, it seemed like it was protecting the kid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    Poor gorilla had to die because of a retard. "Think of children!" - I hate this
    The child was mentally retarded? I hadn't read that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    The parents should be charged with crimes, including child endangerment.
    Actually, it's most likely the other way around. The parents will sue the zoo for being unsafe.