Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    I don't even know how to respond to these absurd arguments.

The gorilla makes money therefore a child is unimportant? It's not about people being able to have careers, it's about humans being able to think and create and develop on levels that gorillas can't. The number of people vs gorillas is irrelevant. One human has much more potential to create or do something important in its lifetime than one gorilla.
    Humans also have the capacity cause untold amounts of suffering so yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Correct choice in killing the animal. Kid's parents need to be charged with negligence and be legally held responsible for the animals death.

I don't even know how to respond to these absurd arguments.

The gorilla makes money therefore a child is unimportant? It's not about people being able to have careers, it's about humans being able to think and create and develop on levels that gorillas can't. The number of people vs gorillas is irrelevant. One human has much more potential to create or do something important in its lifetime than one gorilla.
    Thanks for not arguing against what I said. I didn't say he made money so he was important. I said people travel to come see him. As in they want to see him, he makes them happy, people want tshirts with his face. Instead he was shot because a child was born to some brain dead parents. Again you're comparing this animal's worth to his value in human society and not focusing on an ecosystem, a species, or the happiness he brought to people. On a global scale, this gorilla is much more important than that child.

By the way, the gorilla was not harming the child in any way. If you watch the video that has surfaced, at first he's just standing there making sure the boy isn't harmed.

Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    Humans also have the capacity cause untold amounts of suffering so yeah.
    So what? What relevance does that have?
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Kyonlol View Post
    There is no need to even take the argument this far. The one and only party at fault here is the Zoo for allowing a child to enter the gorilla's enclosure to begin with. The zoo knows this-- which is exactly why ensuring the kid made it out alive was the only concern. The zoo fucked up, not the kid, not the kid's family, and not the gorilla. It is a shitty situation, but lets all not point fingers at the wrong parties: the zoo NEEDS to be held accountable for the loss of this animal's life.

Thank you. /thread
    rofl no. The parents are the only party at fault here. The zoo shouldn't need to put up 35 barriers to teach people to keep their damn children out of the enclosures. The point of going to the zoo is looking at the animals, if they put up a bunch of obstacles, you can't see very well, thus the point is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Thanks for not arguing against what I said. I didn't say he made money so he was important. I said people travel to come see him. As in they want to see him, he makes them happy, people want tshirts with his face. Instead he was shot because a child was born to some brain dead parents. Again you're comparing this animal's worth to his value in human society and not focusing on an ecosystem, a species, or the happiness he brought to people. On a global scale, this gorilla is much more important than that child.

By the way, the gorilla was not harming the child in any way. If you watch the video that has surfaced, at first he's just standing there making sure the boy isn't harmed.
    What you said was idiotic. You're comparing the usefulness of a species whose greatest achievement was learning a few words of sign language versus a species that created sign language and space travel. There's no point to arguing with someone who is just trying to be edgy.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post
    They actually answered that very specifically. They thought to, but the tranqs take time to knock out a larger animal. They didn't want to run the risk of irritating the gorilla and causing it to lash out before it could pass out. In short- fear it would increase the danger.
    Yup, which, in my books, makes the deadly approach completely justifiable.

It's a shame and a big loss to lose an endangered animal thanks to bad parenting; But a person is a person - and a child at that.

What you said was idiotic. You're comparing the usefulness of a species whose greatest achievement was learning a few words of sign language versus a species that created sign language and space travel. There's no point to arguing with someone who is just trying to be edgy.
    I'm not trying to be edgy. You just have a very narrow minded view on worth. I've not even said that the kid should have been allowed to die, you got that from your own mind. I said that killing the animal was wrong. The kid was in no immediate danger, he was being moved by the gorilla because it became startled by all of the commotion.
    Last edited by Torgent; 2016-05-29 at 03:53 PM.

Did you create sign language or invent space travel? I really love everyone trying to take credit for what a few people were actually responsible for to make themselves feel more important.

Did you create sign language or invent space travel? I really love everyone trying to take credit for what a few people were actually responsible for to make themselves feel more important.
    I didn't personally, and the gorilla that was killed probably doesn't know sign language, but my point is that a member of the latter species has much more potential to do something important than a member of the former species. If you can't construct a coherent argument and can only resort to straw men I've got no desire to discuss anything with you.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    I'm not trying to be edgy. You just have a very narrow minded view on worth. I've not even said that the kid should have been allowed to die, you got that from your own mind. I said that killing the animal was wrong. The kid was in no immediate danger, he was being moved by the gorilla because it became startled by all of the commotion.
    You have absolutely no way of knowing what the gorilla was going to do. None at all. You are not a gorilla whisperer.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Man fuck that. I share a species with someone who had sex with Scarlett Johansson, I'm taking credit for that.

Deleted
    why could a child get into a cage with an extremely dangerous animal

I didn't personally, and the gorilla that was killed probably doesn't know sign language, but my point is that a member of the latter species has much more potential to do something important than a member of the former species. If you can't construct a coherent argument and can only resort to straw men I've got no desire to discuss anything with you.
    You're the one not making a valid point. Yeah we get it humans have the potential to be doctors. They also have the potential to be mass murderers and serial killers genius.

"Maynard said it appeared the boy went under the rail, through wires and over the moat wall." That's some slip. Who the fuck was supposed to be watching him?

Man its just a dumb gorilla... humanz > animalz. Who knows what the gorilla would have done to the kid if he wasnt shot by the heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    As said in a previous comment by me:
    And I agree that the gorilla could have harmed him or other people when trying to retrieve. That doesn't mean that we should have snipers trained on each animal incase some incompetent parent allows their child to wander into an animal's cage. This gorilla was killed for being a gorilla in a box that humans placed him in. He was punished because humans are incapable of taking care of their own children most of the time.

You're the one not making a valid point. Yeah we get it humans have the potential to be doctors. They also have the potential to be mass murders and serial killers genius.
    No shit... But all the gorilla has the potential to do is sit in a cage and shit and eat. The potential to be destructive does not negate the potential to be useful. There are a lot more doctors than there are mass murderers and serial killers.
    Beta Club Brosquad

You're the one not making a valid point. Yeah we get it humans have the potential to be doctors. They also have the potential to be mass murderers and serial killers genius.
    Or dumbasses who allow their children to enter animal enclosures and punish the animal for that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ærion View Post
    Not people, idiot children that can't help themselves from climbing on everything (like primates, ironically).

Shame, natural selection was sabotaged once again...

I hope that family got a lifetime ban from entering the zoo.
    So edgy, son.

I'm sure if your kid had been dumb enough to fall over you would just make a remark about natural selection, right?