Thread: The Void

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

I think Chaos is more the realm of the twisting nether. The void is just full of evil, darkness, pain, suffering, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    I think Chaos is more the realm of the twisting nether. The void is just full of evil, darkness, pain, suffering, etc.
    The elemental plane of shadow is called the Shadowlands, and it is where bad souls congregate. Deep inside the Shadowlands is a whole 'nother plane called "the void" which is essentially a place the WoW writers can reach in and pull out a new villain once this "Age of demons" is put to and end. So around expansion 9.

And the Twisting Nether is a flowery way of describing space. It's always space. A immaterial realm where terrifying invading creatures come from? Sounds like space to me. Azerothians have no word for outer space, but it's what they describe considering most have no concept of space travel, especially when most of their interplanetary travel involves portals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    And the Twisting Nether is a flowery way of describing space. It's always space. A immaterial realm where terrifying invading creatures come from? Sounds like space to me. Azerothians have no word for outer space, but it's what they describe considering most have no concept of space travel, especially when most of their interplanetary travel involves portals.
    I wouldn't state the Nether is immaterial. A Blizzard employee wouldn't understand the implication of physical beings, or things, existing in an astral, non-physical dimension separate from the physical realm of existence. Why not just treat the Twisting Nether as another physical realm?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainforest View Post
    Is the Void devoid of Order?
    The void is devoid of anything

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't state the Nether is immaterial. A Blizzard employee wouldn't understand the implication of physical beings, or things, existing in an astral, non-physical dimension separate from the physical realm of existence. Why not just treat the Twisting Nether as another physical realm?
    it was estate that TN is parallel realm to our reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

7+ Year Old Account
    The elemental plane of shadow is called the Shadowlands, and it is where bad souls congregate. Deep inside the Shadowlands is a whole 'nother plane called "the void" which is essentially a place the WoW writers can reach in and pull out a new villain once this "Age of demons" is put to and end. So around expansion 9.

None of this is correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    None of this is correct.
    I didn't notice this comment
    what da hell ?!
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

And the Twisting Nether is a flowery way of describing space. It's always space.
    Space is the Great Dark Beyond. The Twisting Nether is a completely different plane of existence. Outland is in the Nether, Azeroth is in the Great Dark Beyond. Look at their skies at night and you'll see that.

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    The void is devoid of anything
    Including spirits? =O

it was estate that TN is parallel realm to our reality
    Matt Burns thinks there are physical stuff in the Twisting Nether though. The implication of physical beings, or things, existing in a non-physical place is that physical matter can exist in spiritual matter.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akani View Post
    Space is the Great Dark Beyond. The Twisting Nether is a completely different plane of existence. Outland is in the Nether, Azeroth is in the Great Dark Beyond. Look at their skies at night and you'll see that.
    adding : any "Space" corrupted by demons is part of Nether

- - - Updated - - -

Including spirits? =O

Matt Burns thinks there are physical stuff in the Twisting Nether though. The implication of physical beings, or things, existing in a non-physical place is that physical matter can exist in spiritual matter.
    - Void Devour everything, anything.

- the TN was created due the Conflict between Light and Shadow, so it can't be Physical due it was created by non-physical form of magic, the titan found the Physical realm "reality", they didn't create it with Arcane magic, you can't create Physical realm with Only magic, unless you say that there was a Physical realm existed and it has been transformed into TN due to magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Akani View Post
    That's silly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    None of this is correct.
    That's how Chronicles describes the Void and the elemental planes.

As for the twisting nether, as soon as it does something or described in some way that isn't space, I'm sure it's space.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's how Chronicles describes the Void and the elemental planes.

As for the twisting nether, as soon as it does something or described in some way that isn't space, I'm sure it's space.
    The Void is not inside of the Shadowlands. It is its own plane.

The Twisting Nether likewise is a different plane than what we call "space", which in the Warcraft universe is called the Great Dark Beyond.

7+ Year Old Account
    the Shadowlands is Exclusive to Every Reality
    not related to the void by any mean

- Void Devour everything, anything.
    Then what the hell are void lords?

it can't be Physical
    That's my point, so why do people pretend that physical stuff can exist in the Nether?

7+ Year Old Account
    Then what the hell are void lords?

That's my point, so why do people pretend that physical stuff can exist in the Nether?
    - the Void lords are incarnation of the Void, you could say that after years of consuming cosmic energy the Void lords become a Thing " like the demons who were created by magic conflict"

- maybe because we are fighting Physical being from the TN "demons"

Yeah, just like people. That's why you need a space suit. Because the Nether is Spaaaaace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, just like people. That's why you need a space suit. Because the Nether is Spaaaaace.
    You don't. Brox went into the Nether without a space suit. Players go into the Nether several times without needing a space suit.

the Shadowlands is Exclusive to Every Reality
    not related to the void by any mean
    This is nonsense. Shadowmoon valley questline shows Ner'zhul gazing into the shadowlands, which is where he finds the void, and is driven mad by it. His wife very plainly explains the entrance to the Void is in the shadowlands.

As for "The Great Dark Beyond." That is a very recent term, and likely due to the many different writers working on these terms. Khadgar & Narru use the latter, while the "Twisting Nether" is a layman's term. A word for something they don't really understand. Khadgar & the Naaru understand the concept of space and the existence of many planets better so they use a more accurate term. Hell, If you use the twisting nether card in Hearthstone... it shows your cards being sucked out into... outer space.

Otherwise, the Void, the Shadowlands, and the Twisting Nether is just three completely redundant shadowy, evil, immaterial planes, and that'd just be stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Great Dark Beyond
    The Great Dark Beyond represents the physical universe. It is an infinite living realm composed of innumerable stars, worlds, and mortal civilizations.
    Azeroth— the world of Warcraft—is merely one of the countless worlds drifting through the vast reaches of the Great Dark Beyond.

--Chronicle
    The Great Dark Beyond is space. The Twisting Nether is another dimension else that sometimes breaches into the Great Dark Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    You don't. Brox went into the Nether without a space suit. Players go into the Nether several times without needing a space suit.
    Portal. He didn't travel through the "twisting nether" he took a portal from one planet, to another.

Portals are wormholes.