How are skill points reset?

Is there any way to reset skill points in this game?

Thanks in advance.

R

10+ Year Old Account
    Misunderstood ignore what i said before
    Last edited by Reluctant; 2012-08-30 at 06:13 PM.

not that i know of. You can reset trait points but dotn think you can reset skill points. Reason for that is that you will get enough points to eventualy unlock all the skills. So no need to really reset them. Altho. Would be nice if you started wrong

I don't think you can reset skill points, but as far as I'm aware their is enough skill points in game to unlock every one of them.

Deleted
    No need to reset skill points as there are more skill points in-game than you will need to use for every single skill.
    Traits however CAN be reset by just talking to your trainer for a fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    I don't think you can reset skill points, but as far as I'm aware their is enough skill points in game to unlock every one of them.
    This, plus after 80 you continue to get skill points for every 254k exp.

Deleted
    No, you can just reset your Trait points at your class trainer. If you made a mistake with buying skill that you didn't want don't worry because if you do some skill challenges and level up you will be able to get the one you wanted. So its just the matter of time when you will unlock all your skills.

No. Your best bet 'was' to go to the Mists and test your skills before using in PvE...I didn't do that, so I stuck with what I chose. It can be annoying, especially for the later tiered/elites if you choose one you're not as happy with...but yeah, as others have said, you'll just have to level/find more skill challenges (hardest challenge by FAR is "commune with place of power", hehe).

Bummer...thanks for info.

R

Most gamers here are missing the point, there IS a need for skill point reset!

Quote Originally Posted by Vinni View Post
    No need to reset skill points as there are more skill points in-game than you will need to use for every single skill.
    Traits however CAN be reset by just talking to your trainer for a fee.
    Due to poor explanation of skills in GW2, there is a good chance a player will make a mistake in spending skill points on useless skills. The only way to learn whether a skill is actually useful for your style gameplay is to purchase and try it, try every skill out in pvp lobby, or have participated in Beta testing. Unfortunately there is no way to refund skill points which is a definite disadvantage since you will never get those back and skill points are used not only for skills but for purchasing equipment. To you die hard defenders at any cost of GW2 who have the lame rationale that "at some point you will have more than enough skill points to purchase every skill", or "you should have tried each in the pvp lobby" or "you should have participated in Beta testing" are missing the logical point here, most GW2 gamers are casual such as myself with real lives and jobs and don't have time for beta testing; and many do not like pvp so they would never go to the pvp lobby.

Wasted skill points are NEVER recoverable since there is a time value associated with every skill point gained. Each of us has limited time to play online games, and time is a person's most valued commodity. Time invested in acquiring these skill points is NOT an unlimited resource and wasting it on worthless skills (there are many) is time never to recovered. Wasting skill points on worthless skills are skill points NEVER recovered since these wasted skill points could have been spent on items after level 80. Also, a leveling player who purchased worthless skills is at a decided disadvantage to others who may have already screwed up a character by selecting crappy skills - and have learned their lesson.

It would have been too easy to allow for a limited number of increasingly costly skill respecs as other respectable online games allow, like WoW, and too easy to fix this inadequacy with a game patch. I'm abandoning my lvl 42 enchanted and GW2 due to this very bad game design flaw. I know this will piss off all you hardcore gamers who will NEVER be objective about this issue due to being blinded to logic by your GW2 zealotry, but countless on-line casual gamers such as myself don't have time for this type of crappy design BS when there are countless other online games out there.

Please do not necro old posts.

- Fencers