Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    And I agree that the gorilla could have harmed him or other people when trying to retrieve. That doesn't mean that we should have snipers trained on each animal incase some incompetent parent allows their child to wander into an animal's cage. This gorilla was killed for being a gorilla in a box that humans placed him in. He was punished because humans are incapable of taking care of their own children most of the time.
    Most of the time? Sooooo edgy! And nobody said we should have snipers ready to kill all the animals, but if an animal poses a danger to a human regardless of the circumstances, the animal has to be the one to lose its life.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    No shit... But all the gorilla has the potential to do is sit in a cage and shit and eat. The potential to be destructive does not negate the potential to be useful. There are a lot more doctors than there are mass murderers and serial killers.
    Well at least shitting and eating isn't causing any harm, suffering, or destruction to anything else. Not like humans who cause endless amounts of it.

Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    Well at least shitting and eating isn't causing any harm, suffering, or destruction to anything else. Not like humans who cause endless amounts of it.
    You're still making the same argument which is irrelevant. The ability to cause destruction does not negate the ability to benefit society.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Most of the time? Sooooo edgy! And nobody said we should have snipers ready to kill all the animals, but if an animal poses a danger to a human regardless of the circumstances, the animal has to be the one to lose its life.
    And that's not a responsible response. If we place animals into boxes and say "Don't go into this box". At some point we have to be willing to say that the animal's life matters. I would argue that the best action would have been tranqs. If it angers the gorilla more and he harms the child, that's unfortunate. No need to guarantee the loss of life because of stupid people.

- - - Updated - - -

You're still making the same argument which is irrelevant. The ability to cause destruction does not negate the ability to benefit society.
    And the potential for greatness doesn't negate the responsibility to protect animals that we hold in captivity.

And that's not a responsible response. If we place animals into boxes and say "Don't go into this box". At some point we have to be willing to say that the animal's life matters. I would argue that the best action would have been tranqs. If it angers the gorilla more and he harms the child, that's unfortunate. No need to guarantee the loss of life because of stupid people.

- - - Updated - - -

And the potential for greatness doesn't negate the responsibility to protect animals that we hold in captivity.
    Yes it does, that's where you're wrong. That animal's only value is to entertain humans and potentially breed other animals.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    The Cincinnati Zoo shot and killed a 17 year old critically endangered lowland gorilla after a boy slipped into its enclosure. What are your thoughts on this? Should zoos intervene and kill endangered species when people decide to enter their enclosures?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/28/us/zoo...lla/index.html
    If tranqs takes too long, then yes, it's okay. It's a person that needed saving after all. Though, the question is more... How the HELL do you just 'slip' in?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    Why didn't they just tranq it?
    It wouldn't work immediately and probably just piss the animal off further, ensuring one mauled, stupid, kid.

At least it'd cure the stupid though...

Yes it does, that's where you're wrong. That animal's only value is to entertain humans and potentially breed other animals.
    So if the child had fallen into a pit with Clint Eastwood, would you say that he should be shot? His only value was to entertain humans and potentially breed other animals. You have a terrible argument that life is only valued if human.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    If tranqs takes too long, then yes, it's okay. It's a person that needed saving after all. Though, the question is more... How the HELL do you just 'slip' in?
    He didn't, he crossed 3 barriers then slipped in.

Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    Gotta be careful, the audience here tonight is edgier than a 20-sided dice.

Of course they did the right thing. How that is even a question is mind-boggling to me.
    ..because its become a trend now to value human life over animals, and the ones who think that are called out for being inhumane and that sorta stuff ironic i know. Then the time we live in is where a majority support a billionaire imbecile who just says things out of his ass and the crowd chatters with approval.

Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    If humans are that destructive, such a liability to have around and thus, better to simply be removed; Are you willing to be the first and lead by example and be the first?

Or merely a case of "Oh, not me; I'm pretty awesome on my high moral ground. The rest of mankind though, those yeah, deserve to be culled"?

10+ Year Old Account
    He didn't, he crossed 3 barriers then slipped in.
    Aha.. So, the problem lies with the attending employees and the parents? 3 Barriers is a lot.. Should've been noticed before. Other than that, I'm still supporting the action if it was needed.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The parents should just replace the value of the lost property.

Either you believe we're all animals, therefore us being far, far above gorillas on the list of predators means there is no issue with killing one, or you believe we're a species apart, in which case it was only an animal and killing it is no issue in itself. There is no argument for this being a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

So if the child had fallen into a pit with Clint Eastwood, would you say that he should be shot? His only value was to entertain humans and potentially breed other animals. You have a terrible argument that life is only valued if human.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha holy shit what a fucking terrible strawman.
    Beta Club Brosquad

The number of times something/someone was called "edgy" in this thread...

...well, it must be real edgy to do that.

Haha holy shit what a fucking terrible strawman.
    Nah, that was a pretty good strawman. It made me giggle at just how silly your statement was lol.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Either you believe we're all animals, therefore us being far, far above gorillas on the list of predators means there is no issue with killing one, or you believe we're a species apart, in which case it was only an animal and killing it is no issue in itself. There is no argument for this being a problem.
    So there would be no problem with just getting rid of every other species on the planet apparently then? I think we are close to full idiocy now.

I'm sure you would love being the one to explain to the parents why a gorilla was more important than the life of their son.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone old enough to remember the story of Jambo the Gentle Giant?

When five year old boy fell into the gorilla enclosure and lost consciousness. Jambo stood guard over the boy when he was unconscious, placing himself between the boy and other gorillas in what ethologists analyze as a protective gesture. He later stroked the unconscious boy. When the boy regained consciousness and started to cry, Jambo and the other gorillas retreated, and an ambulanceman and two keepers rescued the boy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they should've shot the parents for not fucking paying attention.

Or how in the fuck is it still possible to go UNDER the surrounding fence? How many more decades do we need to have morons slipping under the rails before someone invents one where they can't?

This also brings up the question of how likely it was that the Gorilla would've fucked that child up. There have been instances in the past where they don't even mess with them, or treat them kindly. The Gorilla dragged the kid around for ten fucking minutes, and they decided to shoot it rather than tranq it. In TEN MINUTES. This just sounds like stupidity all around.

I would've preferred the gorilla yanked the mom into the enclosure and bashed her head against the moat a few dozen times, but that's just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.