Page 1 of 3
LastLast

(My opinion) The two worst games in the video game world

Video games are in my opinion, the best form of entertainment one can get, they require thought (sometimes, skill (sometimes) and they require you to keep your brained turned on as opposed to watching TV
    Sometimes. Sometimes we see games made of pure passion come out, from RPGS like the Witcher 3, to Shooters like Overwatch, to mmorpgs like Wildstar (may of failed but it was made with love), to even TCGs like Hearthstone.

And obviously there are the shit games monkeys made and designed like Ride to Hell

But in my opinion, the two games that hurt the gaming world the most, would be the Call of Duty franchise, and League of Legends

both are far to popular for the quality they present, and require such minimal effort compared to so many other games out there, League of Legends is toxic and is a Moba, a easy one at that (not quite as easy as Heroes of the storm, but still easy) that is a genre that is a good reason why RTS games died down, mobas are the kiddy table of strategy games, and league, is that one douchebag kid who steels your french fries (Note: Fuck you kyle) and in my opinion, doesn't deserve a quarter of the players it has

But at least in League the devs seem to care about the players, it's just the game itself that hurts gaming as a whole

Call of Duty is even WORSE, like the devs don't care, they are lazy, they only care about money, ruin kids views on what quality is, making them turn into people who think ridiculous things like grocery store fish is good, and Dragonball Evolution and Mario brothers are better films than Warcraft

I am not saying these games are the worst games ever made, they really aren't, they are meh fun (but my personal view is that they both suck, league is tedious and boring for 35 minutes and fun for 10, Call of duty is god damn sleep inducing) But I do think they both harm the genre

Mostly because developers for other companies stop caring about being unique, and more about completely cloning the other game to try and replicate it's success.

Again, the games aren't objectively terrible (but in my opinion league is, despite the fact I would rank it in top 3 mobas, that isn't saying much)

P.S: Fuck you kyle, dem were my fries, imma find you, I don't even care if you don't remember me, I WILL FIND YOU.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

You may find them boring and damaging, but many (as in most) feel the opposite. LoL and CoD have/had an insane playerbase so obviously they did something right to keep people paying and playing.

In otherwords, don't blame the devs for the genre shift; blame the consumers. Or just accept that your appeals don't match the majority, which is perfectly fine.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

What's up with the weird "Kyle" comments? Are you trying to pretend you're Cartman from South Park? o_O;
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Did you not play videogames from the 80's and 90's? The crash happened for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    What's up with the weird "Kyle" comments? Are you trying to pretend you're Cartman from South Park? o_O;
    Actually, I didn't even notice I was using a south park characters name

Nah, I just sit don't like making posts like this and sound like a total humorless loser

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    You may find them boring and damaging, but many (as in most) feel the opposite. LoL and CoD have/had an insane playerbase so obviously they did something right to keep people paying and playing.

In otherwords, don't blame the devs for the genre shift; blame the consumers. Or just accept that your appeals don't match the majority, which is perfectly fine.
    I do blame the consumers, for lol at least

But cod is the fault of both, the devs don't care and the bulk of the player base are to young or just do not care to realize it

This post was indeed my opinion,w which is why I stated it multiple times
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    both are far to popular for the quality they present, and require such minimal effort compared to so many other games out there, League of Legends is toxic and is a Moba, a easy one at that (not quite as easy as Heroes of the storm, but still easy) that is a genre that is a good reason why RTS games died down, mobas are the kiddy table of strategy games, and league, is that one douchebag kid who steels your french fries (Note: Fuck you kyle) and in my opinion, doesn't deserve a quarter of the players it has

But at least in League the devs seem to care about the players, it's just the game itself that hurts gaming as a whole

Call of Duty is even WORSE, like the devs don't care, they are lazy, they only care about money, ruin kids views on what quality is, making them turn into people who think ridiculous things like grocery store fish is good, and Dragonball Evolution and Mario brothers are better films than Warcraft
    This argument is totally irrational. And somewhat contradictory with actual evidence and demonstration of the gameplay of each respective game.

How many FPS shooters have higher production quality and budget than Call of Duty? Name them and demonstrate their development and marketing budgets in comparison.

By casual Google search alone, Call of Duty is among the most well marketed and highest budgeted games among contemporaries. Most assuredly COD is neither 'cheap' or lacking in production quality vis-a-vis what a consumer may purchase in alternative.

Why does the difficulty of League of Legends matter? The game design of League is not predicated on the difficulty level of the game at point of engagement. This concern for difficulty is irrelevant in two contexts as well; 1. difficulty is not an expression of gameplay 2. the skill ceiling for League in play is beyond the acquisition of their player base.

The former works against your very argument from a logic standpoint as well- if the game is so popular, but the upper limit of gameplay execution is by % a very limited slice of people even capable of playing the game.

If you personally believe these franchises to be poor artistically, that is a fine opinion to hold. However, what you choose to highlight in your argument against these franchises is poorly stated and worded without regard the demonstration and gameplay expression of each.

Lack of rigor in the discussion of video games is actually the greatest limiter to the Artistry of video gaming. If we wish to elevate the art form, we need to speak on it more keenly.

Everything Fencer says. Why put the 'opinion' in the title as some kind of disclaimer? You think anything anyone posts here isn't an opinion? What's relevant, is if that opinion makes sense and if you think stating something is an opinion absolves it from that requirement, I'm afraid you're wrong.

I hate using this cop-out, but in this case it applies. Art is personal, taste in general is personal. If we're talking about games that receive love, League of Legends has very involved developers and while you might not agree with its direction, or difficulty (though please first reach the top 100 before making such strange statements), you'll have to agree that it's polished (assuming you stay connected when starting the game) and played, but also viewed, by millions.

Anyway. An opinion still needs to make sense's what I'm saying.

To add as my own personal opinion about what ruins gaming in general? Top dollar for mediocre titles. An increasing top-dollar even. I've started not spending money on games, because most games today, are a disappointment for the value they supposedly represent. I think that's not just something only I experience, but I can't say for sure. That's my view though. COD is a part of that, due to the annual rehashing of the same principal. It's like the food you love. I like Lasagne. I don't eat it very often and it's a treat when I do. If I would start eating it often, it wouldn't be as much of a treat any more. I feel gaming is the same thing.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2016-05-29 at 01:57 PM.

I just can't fathom how the hell a free to play game, such as LoL, can hurt gaming world. It's quite premium for a free to play game. You know what hurts the industry?

I am not sure how you jumped from CoD to DragonBall and Warcraft comparison, but I agree with CoD, but it's not the game itself, it's the mentality; Quick cash grab. What actually hurts the industry is quick cash grabs, alpha sales, beta sales, "pre-alpha" sales and whatnot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The game design of League is not predicated on the difficulty level of the game at point of engagement.
    Existence of skillshots says the otherwise. This reductionist approach is nonsensical at best. Mobas are known for initial difficulty of acquiring an extensive knowledge of items, heroes and whatnot. Then, mastering heroes, skillshots, etc. Both kind of difficulty exist in LoL. In fact, this is implied by the very nature of MOBA genre.

- - - Updated - - -

How many FPS shooters have higher production quality and budget than Call of Duty? Name them and demonstrate their development and marketing budgets in comparison.
    Budget does not equate to production quality. It's a requirement, but not the deciding factor, and this is coming from a software engineer.

By casual Google search alone, Call of Duty is among the most well marketed and highest budgeted games among contemporaries. Most assuredly COD is neither 'cheap' or lacking in production quality vis-a-vis what a consumer may purchase in alternative.
    You mentioned lack of rigor, true. We can't demonstrate one game is better than another when it simply is depending on player preference, but, you can't use budget as an estimator of the quality as well. The OP used cheap in the sense that lack of innovation and repetition in terms of development. CoD is neither visually nor mechanically changed much. It's almost the same game, with a different story and setting.

Now, technically speaking, CoD lacks production quality on the part of software optimization. It is poorly optimized and there is actually empirical evidence even laymen can observe. Compare CoD with Battlefield. The latter rusn much smoother, even tho it has overall better graphics.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-05-29 at 03:04 PM.

Hm, I would say "Blizzard". Now before you jump on me or something, I would add the community it brought and created. Why would you mention Overwatch and then bring CoD into discussion?

Edit: I would add that "it doesn't take a genius to sell millions, just millions of idiots". That is not the case always or something, of course. Blizzard has good games too.
    Last edited by VXFadhel; 2016-05-29 at 03:41 PM.

Deleted
    This whole "lets hate on CoD" bandwagon is really silly to me...I mean I'm not even that much of a fan of the game and I wouldn't even say FPS are close to my favorite type of game but CoD does what it sets out to do, which is be a fun and easy pick up and play arcade first person shooter. I genuinely feel like most of the people that hate on it do it to seem cool or fit in with internet hate culture...NOW when it comes to League of Legends...I can't say much for the game but the community is definitely draining.

Nah, I just sit don't like making posts like this and sound like a total humorless loser

- - - Updated - - -

I do blame the consumers, for lol at least

But cod is the fault of both, the devs don't care and the bulk of the player base are to young or just do not care to realize it

This post was indeed my opinion,w which is why I stated it multiple times
    So....because other people like the game and find it to be a great success, it's their fault that you don't like it? Okay.

He says, with that OP and an MLP profile pic.

On topic, I get that it's popular to hate on CoD and LoL, but to call them the worst games in the world is just retarded.

10+ Year Old Account

Well, you got the 'insane' part right at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Existence of skillshots says the otherwise.
    No, they don't. A factor of skill is not necessarily a factor of difficulty at point of engagement.

Mobas are known for initial difficulty of acquiring an extensive knowledge of items, heroes and whatnot.
    Some MOBAs can be known for this- but is not inherent to the design of a MOBA. Neither is this implied in the genre.

Budget does not equate to production quality. It's a requirement, but not the deciding factor, and this is coming from a software engineer.
    In AAA game production, this is absolutely false. The quality of production is directly limited by budget; only so much funding is allocated to art, sound, animation rigging, etc.

I too have made games for a living- my husband is a programmer and as is my sister. And they worked in game production as well. Frogster Pictures, IILS Software and Sony Online Entertainment. Money is needed to do almost everything.

you can't use budget as an estimator of the quality as well.
    We can depending on context. If we are to quantify the quality of production in a generic sense, than budget is one of the greatest factors in determining quality. Artistic concern, I addressed above.

Witcher 3 sucks ass more than those two.

blah blah blah
    I'm sorry "kyle" stole your fries... but I doubt you're great at either of these games, hence why you probably don't enjoy them.

Its ridiculous to act like either of these games lack any quality or fun. They are world famous and have huge followings.

And you can repeat how this is just you're opinion, but that doesn't mean anything if its a bad, poorly thought out opinion.

Don't blame LoL for the RTS downfall. That happens to genres all the time... see MMOs.

Video games are in my opinion, the best form of entertainment one can get, they require thought (sometimes, skill (sometimes) and they require you to keep your brained turned on as opposed to watching TV
    Sometimes. Sometimes we see games made of pure passion come out, from RPGS like the Witcher 3, to Shooters like Overwatch, to mmorpgs like Wildstar (may of failed but it was made with love), to even TCGs like Hearthstone.

And obviously there are the shit games monkeys made and designed like Ride to Hell

But in my opinion, the two games that hurt the gaming world the most, would be the Call of Duty franchise, and League of Legends

I am not saying these games are the worst games ever made, they really aren't, they are meh fun (but my personal view is that they both suck, league is tedious and boring for 35 minutes and fun for 10, Call of duty is god damn sleep inducing) But I do think they both harm the genre

Mostly because developers for other companies stop caring about being unique, and more about completely cloning the other game to try and replicate it's success.

Again, the games aren't objectively terrible (but in my opinion league is, despite the fact I would rank it in top 3 mobas, that isn't saying much)

P.S: Fuck you kyle, dem were my fries, imma find you, I don't even care if you don't remember me, I WILL FIND YOU.

What the fuck is wrong with grocery store fish? Surely you must be a retard if you go out of your way to fish... moron thinks this is wow lol.

And you got your fries stolen because you are a little bitch that couldn't stand up for yourself...or at the very least you could've licked all of them so they didn't take it.. smarten up

Quote Originally Posted by yafollowyafollow View Post
    What the fuck is wrong with grocery store fish? Surely you must be a retard if you go out of your way to fish... moron thinks this is wow lol.

And you got your fries stolen because you are a little bitch that couldn't stand up for yourself...or at the very least you could've licked all of them so they didn't take it.. smarten up
    I'm not psychic, but a 1 post-got-banned account incoming xD

Why hide behind a second account.

I think the issue is more that the developers "abandoned the market" in a way by chasing a new market. There was more money to them by serving a more casual, less discerning market. As much as people bitch about CoD, they apparently literally have zero impulse control, because they eat them up every time regardless. Gaming for this new market, to me, is akin to slouching back on the couch staring vapidly with half-focus at the TV vs. leaning forward on the couch focused intently. The 'popular' gameplay now is lightning-paced frag churn (CoD) with very little strategy involved or possible, and furious clickfest with horrifically imprecise controls. (LoL)

Now we have Overwatch coming out with great hype that is yet another game for people with 5min attention spans and "100 yard stare" clouch-slouching gameplay.

McGaming has overtaken the traditional market, relegating them towards the indie market.
    Last edited by stellvia; 2016-05-29 at 05:42 PM.

I too have made games for a living- my husband is a programmer and as is my sister. And they worked in game production as well. Frogster Pictures, IILS Software and Sony Online Entertainment. Money is needed to do almost everything.
    Then you should be smart enough to know by looking at a CoD game the majority of the budget went on marketing.

The production quality in a CoD game is an absolute joke compared to an Uncharted, a GTA, a God of War. Even ubisoft games have far more production value then CoD and they are churned out conveyor belt games for the most part.

So what games have you worked on if you consider CoD to have great production value? Some shitty app store games? I'm dead serious, I can't take you serious after you said that. Yes CoD spends a shit load on marketing, but on production value and development? LMAO, they are some of the cheapest "AAA" games being made today.