Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by toolsv View Post
    make racials a real thing.
    How about no? I'm sick of racials pigeon holing specific classes and spec into x race.

Best, get rid of racials altogether. Reminds me of Guild Wars 2 that nerfed to oblivion any good racial like Sylvari heal early in the game cycle just so they aren't OP, and nowadays racials in there are pointless and unused. So why have them?

People like specific races for their looks, lore or what the race is associated with, for example in WOW Orc is associated with strong, honorable and savage, no wonder people mostly roll Orcs for Warriors, Shamans and Hunters. Forsaken is associated with shady and underhanded and most popular choices for them are Rogue and Warlock.

I have nothing against "weird" class and race combos, they create variety, but when racials push you into that area that starts being stupid. For example when nearly every mage on horde was Troll because of the racial.

Also in the world where race change exists giving races more powerful racials, especially on newly implemented races (who remembers the time when alliance had no dps racials except freshly added worgens?), lands close to p2w.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojuric View Post
    Because Tauren Rogues make so much sense? Giants with hoofs being sneaky?
    Yet our hooved brothers and sisters are able to be sneaky as shit as hunters.

Alliance

Human: Shaman
    Night Elf: Paladin
    Gnome: Paladin
    Draenai: Rogue and Warlock

Horde

Orc: Priest
    Forsaken: Paladin
    Tauren: Rogue and Mage
    Troll: Paladin

Draenei warlocks should never be in the game because they simply aren't possible, I don't know what insane retcon writing they did to justify them in the AU in WoD but in the mainline universe every single draenei who turn to fel was transformed into an Eredar.

Pandaren DKs I'm less against since it's actually possible but the timeline doesn't fit (it doesn't fit for worgen either but you'd never get away with taking away race/class combos so that's neither here nor there).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    All I need is PANDAREN DRUIDS!
    Seconded.

Right along with Undead Paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Draenei warlocks should never be in the game because they simply aren't possible, I don't know what insane retcon writing they did to justify them in the AU in WoD but in the mainline universe every single draenei who turn to fel was transformed into an Eredar.
    Draenei don't transform into Eredar any more than a Mexican transforms into a Human upon entering the US. They've always been Eredar.

Which also explains how they did it: they simply abandoned the principles of the Draenei.

7+ Year Old Account
    on horde side i only see Taurens Mage ( some grimtotem already are part of the horde) now all races can be mage

Orc priest alcolytes of the shadowmoon clan, some shadowmoon orcs already are part of the horde, they only need to revive the clan

Orc Druid, Goldrin/lo'gosh, see the need of more druids to save the world against the legion, he already share bonds with the orcs, he introduce some shamans to druidism, and the trolls and taurens teach they the right way, boom orc druid

the only druid i can se on the horde side are orcs, pandarens transforming into a bear is boring, and the pandaren culture and society was too much explored on pandaria, and there are no druids

on the Ally side, i totally agree with gnomes paladins, to me this make more sense than hunters anyway

Draenei warlock, Velen finally agre accept the help of the warlocks, like many other races, not that hard

another druid to ally side could be Draeneis and Dwarfs, both could work, Draeneis learning with he nelfs more like worgens

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Draenei don't transform into Eredar any more than a Mexican transforms into a Human upon entering the US. They've always been Eredar.

Which also explains how they did it: they simply abandoned the principles of the Draenei.
    My mistake I forgot how to make a point on the internet for a second let me rephrase;

'Draenei warlocks should never be in the game because they simply aren't possible, I don't know what insane retcon writing they did to justify them in the AU in WoD but in the mainline universe every single draenei who turn to fel was transformed into a Man'ari Eredar.'

The implication of my post being that the sargerai on au draenor while being aligned with the legion don't seem to have many man'ari eridar traits like having demigodish power, being 30 feet tall and all that good stuff while draenei that turn to the legion in the main universe most certainly do show those traits.

7+ Year Old Account

'Draenei warlocks should never be in the game because they simply aren't possible, I don't know what insane retcon writing they did to justify them in the AU in WoD but in the mainline universe every single draenei who turn to fel was transformed into a Man'ari Eredar.'
    that is not confirmed, is like saying orc warlocks become fel orcs, the warlocks can control the fel energy so they dont get corrupted, and im sure draeneis could too

Draenei are different from the other races the reason they were chosen to be the legions leaders by Sargaris was that each member of the race has amazing magical potential (the draenei are super op lorewise this has to be toned down because WoW is an mmo).

It's also easy to handwave it on a forum when you're trying to justify breaking the lore saying I'm sure Velen would be down fam he's a nice guy. But you have to remember the Warlocks of his race have hunted his people for many mortal lifetimes and destroyed whole worlds (draenor being just one of many) full of sentient life to try and get to him and his people that's not something one just gets over (nor should it be one a writer just makes him get over because people on a forum want the least possible race/class combo because reasons).
    It's also worth noting that draenei are very zealous followers of the light (this has been ignored pretty much since tbc) even shamans are/were shunned in their society for being potentially corrupted because they draw from the elements not the light. Just because WoW is an mmo and warlocks exist on their faction for balance reasons should we think draenei are even a little bit happy about it.

My mistake I forgot how to make a point on the internet for a second let me rephrase;

The implication of my post being that the sargerai on au draenor while being aligned with the legion don't seem to have many man'ari eridar traits like having demigodish power, being 30 feet tall and all that good stuff while draenei that turn to the legion in the main universe most certainly do show those traits.
    Those aren't Man'ari traits. Those are traits of people who have spent thousands of years accumulating power.

Hell no to draenei warlock.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    There are tauren rogues already.

you haven't seen any?

They're just that good

Deleted
    make every race capable of being every class already and get this shit over with. cooperation and sharing knowledge among allies should make it possible lore-wise.
    give us class-quests again. let a troll-paladin travel to silvermoon to learn the craft. a belf shaman to trolls/orcs/taurens. ud-paladins get their own little storyline how they found the light again, etc. at least that's what i want

10+ Year Old Account
    I think blizzard should take another look on how the start of the game works. If they introduce sub-races/race combo unique starting zones this would be perfect.
    HOWEVER one idea that would work better if zone scaling worked everywhere that way new starting zones wouldn't need to be made but instead phased/scaled zones would make a starting point for them.
    Example would be:
    Draenei Warlock - Outcasts, start of hated with exodar. This would require them to have a differen't starting experience and maybe a rep grind something like how bloodsail pirates have to get them to friendly.

Pandaren DKs I'm less against since it's actually possible but the timeline doesn't fit (it doesn't fit for worgen either but you'd never get away with taking away race/class combos so that's neither here nor there).
    Could retcon it as pandas who got taken over by sha or something. Similar to how they explained Blood Knights, and Sunwalkers.

Would be kind of weird to explain how they hooked up with Arthas' deathknights, but at this point I think that the lore is so bad that no race/class combo should be banned. The PCs have such little effect on the story or the world anyway.