Page 66 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    People saying what they want left and right in this thread, so I can state my wants as well.
    If you're shooting for the impossible, why not go all out? Wish for Blizzard to send you a million dollars, or that you get struck by lightning and get superpowers. Raid design changes that won't happen are a waste of your personal fantasy.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

What does it matter if LFR raiders get tier gear or not? iLvls will still be shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    If you're shooting for the impossible, why not go all out? Wish for Blizzard to send you a million dollars, or that you get struck by lightning and get superpowers. Raid design changes that won't happen are a waste of your personal fantasy.
    Nah, I would pick old design (which was also ssuccessful) over 1M USD.
    Last edited by Drekmar; 2016-05-29 at 03:41 PM.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Deleted
    I'm actually on board with this change. We're usually running LFR anyway (for own upgrades or to help buddies), might as well include item upgrades that are meaningful for higher tier raiding, being able to fill out a 4-set with LFR is also convenient.

And as with everything: if you don't like it or don't need it (within like the first 3-5 resets), don't do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    And I want TBC model back, with only one difficulty of raids, 2 difficulties of dungeons requiring rep to unlock and no LFG/LFD tools.
    Yea that one difficulty will not be what you think it is....
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Does anybody know if LFR gear will have the potential to proc WF or TF above normal raid Ilvl?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dookip View Post
    Does anybody know if LFR gear will have the potential to proc WF or TF above normal raid Ilvl?
    Same as every gear, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    So Blizz said in MoP having LFR drop tier hurt raiding because people saw they had the same looking gear in a different colour as *insert top guild here* so they figured they'd finished the game and never bothered with proper raiding.
    In WoD lfr dropped crappy gear with no set bonus (which it should) which could be a problem as some specs are tuned to function around tier bonuses.

So isn't the solution for legion to have LFR drop bad looking gear with bad stats that still retain the set bonuses so casual players/alts can still function while questing or w/e without feeling like they've achieved some sort of raiding status (as they hadn't).
    I dont recall them saying that. What they did say was that they wanted to encourage LFR raiders to step up to normal and they didnt want raiders to feel like they needed to do LFR for set bonuses and trinkets. My guess is that the first thing didnt work and the second doesnt make sense in an expansion where you got world drop legendaries and titanforging that can boost a random quest reward into a mythic quality item. WoD was an expansion that catered heavily to the "I dont want to do anything but raid" mentality... it seems Legion is running as far away from that idea as it can.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I don't understand why poeple think Tier gear in LFR is good, it trivializes dungeons etc
    Dungeons are trivialized no matter what. Raid gear already trivializes dungeons, so I don't see why LFR is a problem.

LFR made for an easy way to gear up alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR gear this expansion trivializes dungeon gear less than it ever has, since Mythic+ awards comparable to far better gear depending on how well you do.
    Last edited by miffy23; 2016-05-29 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    I dont recall them saying that. What they did say was that they wanted to encourage LFR raiders to step up to normal and they didnt want raiders to feel like they needed to do LFR for set bonuses and trinkets. My guess is that the first thing didnt work and the second doesnt make sense in an expansion where you got world drop legendaries and titanforging that can boost a random quest reward into a mythic quality item. WoD was an expansion that catered heavily to the "I dont want to do anything but raid" mentality... it seems Legion is running as far away from that idea as it can.
    The expac that added garrisons, twitter integration and the selfie cam was catered to raiders and not a barely disguised attempt to lap up your casual dollar?

And its lower item level than mythic 5 mans! WOOO
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I'm a mythic raider and i don't do that much LFR that much. I mostly do it when u just have dinged a new char. But being able to get tier set from LFR is actually good. If you are farming for a full raid set and missing only 1 piece, u can go to lfr and maybe you will be lucky! LFR have never ruined anything for me. Its a good way to gear up alts aswell!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Thank fuck, maybe getting loot in LFR might actually be more enjoyable now instead of "get piece of gear that's literally worse than gear you can get from any other form of content, disenchant/vendor"
    haha i agree, the gear from LFR in WoD is worse than actual shit. So getting tier set in Legion will actually make it worth doing LFR I'm a mythic raider so I dont mind doing lfr to get the last piece im missing! =D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiromade View Post
    I kinda don't mind the change, will be easier to get decent gear on alts without having to focus, while I raid normally on my main character.
    Alts will not be a thing in Legion. Sinle artifact for 1 spec will take you 3-4 months if you are casual. And there are no cath up mechanics planned.

- - - Updated - - -

The expac that added garrisons, twitter integration and the selfie cam was catered to raiders and not a barely disguised attempt to lap up your casual dollar?
    What is there so super hardcore that is raid centric expansion? You got easy gold, easy epics, easy questing, easy pvp gear, easy raiding, easy dungeons... It kinda fells like there is tons of casual content.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Alts will not be a thing in Legion. Sinle artifact for 1 spec will take you 3-4 months if you are casual. And there are no cath up mechanics planned.
    It isn't like people can work on more then one character at a time.......

Providing I like how they play ill be working on a DH alongside my Paladin and Death Knight.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    It isn't like people can work on more then one character at a time.......

Providing I like how they play ill be working on a DH alongside my Paladin and Death Knight.
    You cant. Time what you spent farming *** on your alts will be time what you will miss on your main. You will this time by playing alt putting your self behinf. Artifacts are not gated so you can farm them as you want. Which makes alts very unefficient to play.

You cant. Time what you spent farming *** on your alts will be time what you will miss on your main. You will this time by playing alt putting your self behinf. Artifacts are not gated so you can farm them as you want. Which makes alts very unefficient to play.
    Good thing I can play how I want and not be tied down to some schedule.....

You will be able to play alts in Legion even with the artifact farm. Now those doing server/world first runs mite find it harder but people who are more lax (like me) won't have any issues.

I get tired of playing one character ill switch to another.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Rilas13 View Post
    Oh... okay then...

Will legion lfr be harder?
    nope. easy cheesy welfare line. just que up.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

No body, hardcore or casual gives a shit about twitter or selfie cams. WoD catered to raiders by having the only worthwhile content be the raids. At the same time WoD took a giant shit on the only form of raiding casual players have any interest in because raiders were crying that they didnt want to be "forced" to do LFR.

From what I've seen artifacts only matter up to artifact level 35 and past that you get abysmal returns since you stop unlocking new traits and get a very tiny amount of extra stamina and extra damage or healing effectiveness.