Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paklaaji View Post
    Just read the Tweets under the Gorilla hashtag - you`ll get a sense people would terminate the humanity just to save one gorilla.
    There is a staggering number of people with bad grammar saying the child should die because their parents are irresponsible.

Absolutely disgusting. This is a situation that shouldn't have happened and I feel sorry for the gorilla, but it's like George Clooney said as Bruce Wayne when Uma Thurman's Dr. Ivy handed him an initiative to shut down modern conveniences to save the planet: "People come first."

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Better than kid gettin torn apart by a Gorilla. Still, fire who failed to properly enclose the cage. I would blame the mother too.
    It doesn't matter how secure the facility is. If a person wants in bad enough they will find a way in. There was a woman who jumped into a polar bear exhibit at another zoo, and the news asked the zoo why they don't build the wall higher, and they basically said the aforementioned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Considering it was older than the Child and endangered, kind of silly to kill the Gorilla.
    human or animal...... Human or.....animal? If you would choose the animal over a human especially a toddler, perhaps you need to be shipped off to Africa to live with the lions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm all for conservation, but in a direct choice innocent accidental human vs. animal, I'll kill the animal 10 times out of 10. It's a shame, and the family will probably feel pretty bad about it for the rest of the child's life...but he will have one.

Oh, and find the person who made that fence. They have some explaining to do.

you know how every once in a while news about people who missed their flight were lucky because it crashed and they werent in it???.... and then wa week later they get run over by a car?

it would be such a pity an endangered species was killed for nothing

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    This thread reads like a who's who of the mentally deficient...
    Reminds me of a story about a guy attacked by a grizzly, he defended himself and people were outraged and saying he should have let the bear kill him.
    I invite anyone who has this mindset to go be food.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexighar View Post
    human or animal...... Human or.....animal? If you would choose the animal over a human especially a toddler, perhaps you need to be shipped off to Africa to live with the lions.
    Just to clarify, are you saying that we should always value the life of a human over an animal? Any human? Any animal?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    This thread reads like a who's who of the mentally deficient...
    Reminds me of a story about a guy attacked by a grizzly, he defended himself and people were outraged and saying he should have let the bear kill him.
    I invite anyone who has this mindset to go be food.
    People can defend themselves all they like, but I don't think anyone has an obligation to help them if they got attacked out in the wild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Ærion View Post
    Not people, idiot children that can't help themselves from climbing on everything (like primates, ironically).

Shame, natural selection was sabotaged once again...

I hope that family got a lifetime ban from entering the zoo.
    I think there should be some kind of penalty on the parents. The Gorrila is not at fault, neither is the child (too young). The real question is: how did a parent let their child crawl into the gorilla exhibit? He could have been killed by the fall alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Just to clarify, are you saying that we should always value the life of a human over an animal? Any human? Any animal?

- - - Updated - - -

People can defend themselves all they like, but I don't think anyone has an obligation to help them if they got attacked out in the wild.
    Just to clarify, this conversation is in regards to an innocent toddler or a 400 pound gorilla.

Just want to get ahead of the eventual "orca from Free Willy or Josef Mengele" situation

Quote Originally Posted by Captnrex View Post
    so basically, the gorilla had the boy for 10 minutes taking him around the enclosure, better just kill the endangered gorilla since he obviously was going to attack the child, even though he didn't..... FOR 10 FUCKING MINUTES. smh

should have fucking tranq darted him and had someone with a gun ready incase something ACTUALLY happened

seriously wtf
    I agree, I would have tried to tranq him. The child was in there over 10 mins and was still basically unharmed. It didn't seem as if the gorrilla wanted to hurt the child.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I agree, I would have tried to tranq him. The child was in there over 10 mins and was still basically unharmed. It didn't seem as if the gorrilla wanted to hurt the child.
    You know there is an article in the OP, right? And the OP even paraphrases that they didn't tranq the gorilla because it could have been more dangerous.
    The gorilla was running around flailing the child for 10 minutes as you say, and what happens when it gets hit with a tranquilizer dart? This isn't a videogame where they get hit by the dart and immediately go down. It would feel a sharp pain, and could potentially ape out for a while before the sedative kicks in.

Deleted
    Having a dart shot up his ass might have changed that somewhat.

I'd like to see how some of the people bemoaning the zoo's actions would have reacted if it was their child / brother / whatever that had fallen in.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Oooh wouldn't you be a sorry s.o.b. if the shoe was on the other foot? Yes, yes you would. But thanks for outing yourself as to which side of mental divergence you live on...
    Hey everyone, Garnier Fructis would rather watch children die than lift a finger to help.
    Cool story bro.
    Got children? All signs point to no.
    /clap clap, be gone

(guess that's just one more reason I'm a better human than you)
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

The fact that u would rather have a 4 year old child die instead is sickening. He is 4 years old he doesnt know what he did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    I live in Cincy and have been to the zoo several times. That enclosure isn't easily accessible, I can't imagine how the kid made it in so quickly that the parents weren't able to intervene and prevent this from happening. They clearly weren't watching their him as closely as they should have.

As to whether the animal should have been put down or not, this particular zoo is renowned for their care of animals. If they put it down I don't doubt their reasoning behind it, and I"m sure it was an incredibly difficult decision. But to say the animal's life is more valuable than a young child's is absolutely mad. It is a horrible situation, if anyone is to blame here it is the parents for not keeping an eye on their child, it certainly isn't the zoo's fault.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Another point people are seeming to overlook. if they had tranqed the gorilla would that have caused him to become enraged and possibly put the child in harm's way? It's entirely possible, which is why they made the right decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Just to clarify, this conversation is in regards to an innocent toddler or a 400 pound gorilla.

Just want to get ahead of the eventual "orca from Free Willy or Josef Mengele" situation
    Well, then people need to stop phrasing their comments about the kid and the gorilla as blanket statements about humans and animals in general. That's what I'm complaining about, here. I think saving the kid was a good call here. But I'm definitely of the opinion that you shouldn't hurt the lion if a 25 year old person who thought it would be funny decides to jump into a lion enclosure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Oooh wouldn't you be a sorry s.o.b. if the shoe was on the other foot? Yes, yes you would. But thanks for outing yourself as to which side of mental divergence you live on...
    Hey everyone, Garnier Fructis would rather watch children die than lift a finger to help.
    Cool story bro.
    Got children? All signs point to no.
    /clap clap, be gone

(guess that's just one more reason I'm a better human than you)
    All signs point to you can't read. I've stated earlier in this thread that I think it was a good call to save the kid. All your chest thumping 'Oooooh, look at you!' shit here is just totally misplaced.

My issue is with people who should know better, which doesn't include children. If you know what you're doing is stupid but do it anyway, then you deserve to be mauled and I feel sorry for the bear that gets shot. I also have an issue with the blanket 'human > animal' statements. If I have to choose between my dog and a stranger, I'm saving my dog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post

I'd like to see how some of the people bemoaning the zoo's actions would have reacted if it was their child / brother / whatever that had fallen in.
    My child would have never gotten into that enclosure. I actually watch my children.

7+ Year Old Account
    My child would have never gotten into that enclosure. I actually watch my children.
    Yeah well, too fucking bad you`re not the only parent on this planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    You know there is an article in the OP, right? And the OP even paraphrases that they didn't tranq the gorilla because it could have been more dangerous.
    The gorilla was running around flailing the child for 10 minutes as you say, and what happens when it gets hit with a tranquilizer dart? This isn't a videogame where they get hit by the dart and immediately go down. It would feel a sharp pain, and could potentially ape out for a while before the sedative kicks in.
    Like the other post said. Shoot it with a tranq but have someone standing by with live ammo in case the gorrila takes a violent turn after being hit withe tranq.

Deleted
    Semantics.
    Fact is he did.