Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I've never been out of Canada. How do you visit a continent with hundreds of languages that don't even speak english. Why isn't english universal in europe? My french is so/so , so france would be okay to visit I suppose.
    ... Hundreds of countries that don't speak English? English isn't universal in Europe?.... Uhm... I can't even...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You would probably burn the pub down.
    yeah but it would be my niece's hot friend pouring a cup of water in the deep fryer though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    ... Hundreds of countries that don't speak English? English isn't universal in Europe?.... Uhm... I can't even...
    i lost him at "hundreds of countries"

Formerly known as Arafal

15+ Year Old Account
    I've never been out of Canada.
    Colour me shocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I think its mostly down to choice, and also bad schooling. In Scandinavian countries only people with bad language skils never learned english, or those with disabilities like dyslexia.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

You got to dress up to go to Europe, they just don't let anyone in.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    I think its mostly down to choice, and also bad schooling. In Scandinavian countries only people with bad language skils never learned english, or those with disabilities like dyslexia.
    Dyslexia and learning a foreign language has nothing to do with each other. You use different centers of the brain for learning your own language than you do for learning foreign languages.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    I just want to be able to order a beer in every country in Europe without hassle.
    In most countries holding up 2 fingers for 2 beer is enough for the barkeep.

When everything fails, point and make sounds.

English is fine in northern europe, and very basic english will be useful alot of times in southern europe, but saying thank you and hello/goodbye in the local language, will get you better treatmemt, image a german arriving in canada and expecting everyone to understand him and him not even bother to say thanks in english/french.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    It also depends on the generation. In Austria, quite a few people over like 50-55 are not fluent in English. (But everyone will understand you ordering some beer in English)

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    As the official speaker for all of europe, as i said earlier, stay in canada.
    And make sure Tennis stays too while you are at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    In most countries holding up 2 fingers for 2 beer is enough for the barkeep.
    Putting that in the memory banks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Yes, yes, i told him already.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Putting that in the memory banks.
    Mind you. dont try that on a woman.

10+ Year Old Account

is the peace sign at a woman bad in europe?

Deleted
    As someone from Austria I barely know a person with an English that worse that they wouldn't be able to understand an simple order... it's probably a bit worse in countries like Greece, Romania, Serbia or countries like that (of course unless you're in a tourist location) but I can be wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you are in Newcastle, the women there like it when you put two fingers up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Go to Europe. You'll find out that a lot of Europeans actually speak English.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stay in Canada, Europe don't want you. Also, they tried with Latin, didn't take, than they tried hard with esperanto, again failed. If you don't want to learn simple phrases than don't go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    It also depends on the generation. In Austria, quite a few people over like 50-55 are not fluent in English. (But everyone will understand you ordering some beer in English)

true, but mostly peoplewho grew up with the internet etc, below 30 seems to know english in denmark atleast.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    http://static2.businessinsider.com/i...europe-map.jpg

1. Learn the word 'beer', 'ale' and 'pivo'.
    2. Don't visit Spain.

Problem solved \o/
    If I learnt something while waiting tables is that everyone knows "cerveza". Specially the Dutch.
    We call it "birra" too, so they should be good with "beer" .