Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    An animal with self-awareness, an animal capable of culture and an animal with sentience.
    An animal that's locked in a zoo for human entertainment as well. Doesn't really matter does it? Animals of all different forms are harmed all the time both in society and in nature. The only reason this is a big deal is because of the social media we have today where everyone can give their two cents. 30 years ago this would be local news and hardly anyone would hear about it or even care about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Every person has the right to raise their children as they see fit. Read the op article. It seems as if it was rather difficult to get into the enclosure. The parent must have been not paying attention for awhile for this to happen. The child could have been killed by the fall alone ( and I am sure the parents would have sued had that happened and I am sure they will still sue over what did happen).
    Yes indeed. Honestly this sort of negligence should prompt an investigation by child protective services, as the parent's inattention placed the child in significant danger. Hopefully there is some sort of CPS follow-up.

Not familiar with the Cincinnati Zoo but for most zoos it is NOT easy to "accidentally" end up in a zoo enclosure/attacked by a zoo animal. One tourist who was attacked by a zoo polar bear in AK while I was growing up had climbed over two separate fences so she could get a "good shot" of the animal.

The polar bear kept the tourist's shoe as a souvenir.

Ahh, Binky. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Maoli View Post
    An animal that's locked in a zoo for human entertainment as well. Doesn't really matter does it? Animals of all different forms are harmed all the time both in society and in nature. The only reason this is a big deal is because of the social media we have today where everyone can give their two cents. 30 years ago this would be local news and hardly anyone would hear about it or even care about it.
    Well then we're making steps towards progress I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    The 25 year old dies, and the lion lives. Criminal charges are pressed against the handlers/zoo staff for not putting the lion down, they lose their jobs at the least and potentially go to jail. Their families are now without a parent, without the income the families suffer and fall into poverty. The lion-keeper that valued their lion above some 25 year old can't handle being in jail, takes their own life. The lion is later put down via a court order.
    But at least it lived another few months!
    There wouldn't be a reason to put the lion down. This isn't like when a dog attacks someone unprovoked. The law recognizes that wild animals are wild. It would be different if this was, say, a mountain lion roaming freely and posing a threat.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    Child Services should take the Child. Because if he is able to crawl into a Gorilla Enclosure, we clearly can see that the parents are unfit.
    Furthermore the Family should compensate the Zoo.
    You are an idiots. The parents have several small children all needed tending to. When they were minding the others, this one ran off. It happens.

Quote Originally Posted by NotFunny008 View Post
    You are an idiots. The parents have several small children all needed tending to. When they were minding the others, this one ran off. It happens.
    It's not THAT easy to get into a zoo enclosure.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    OMG is this even open up for discussion. fuck, that kid could of been severely damaged or dead.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    What are your thoughts on this?
    kill the boy , we can do without this redneck fuktard

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    OMG is this even open up for discussion. fuck, that kid could of been severely damaged or dead.
    that kid should have been eaten alive for all i care and the parrents sued for billions of dollars

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Prothynyas View Post

- - - Updated - - -

that kid should have been eaten alive for all i care and the parrents sued for billions of dollars
    damn! thats harsh.

By the way, this doesn't go into correcting the stereotype that gorillas are somehow agressive, killers that are viscous.

Gorillas being primarily frugivores/herbivores tend to lean more towards the peaceful side of things. Males will occasionally try to scare a perceived enemy or rival away though with mock charges, chest beating and intimidating movements.

The video shows it reacting to the fuss from the people watching, so we can't say for certain how it would have reacted to being tranquilized.
    If that information on it taking a few minutes to work is correct, then that is several minutes of unpredictable behaviour prompted by that.
    It may have been fine, or it may not have been.
    Shooting was a near certainty in its result, hence why the action was taken in my opinion.

It is not a good result, but I understand why that action was taken.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

lol @ all those faggot americunt "hurr durr retard boy>animal cuz we better hurr durr" fucking garbage of the universe.

Sad story but keepers did the RIGHT thing to do even if i would appreciate if the kid died to teach a lesson about "darwinism"

also it always funny to read comments like " i would save a human over an animal hurr durr " even if they never did volunteering to feed homeless or donate money to ORG like save the children to ACTUALLY help "humans" but they care only about themselves and spend time playing video games, eating doritos like a pro fat fuck and masturbate on 4chan to some creepy scat pron.

those kind of people are not a sub-species of human but just shit.

Infracted - Forbidden Topics
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-05-29 at 08:40 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    A four year-old boy is a "redneck fuktard"? Interesting. And ironic.

K.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehuehuecopter View Post
    lol @ all those faggot americunt "hurr durr retard boy>animal cuz we better hurr durr" fucking garbage of the universe.
    Nice. You managed to break like 3 forum rules in one sentence. But news flash: A human life always trumps the life of an animal. That's how the real world works.

also it always funny to read comments like " i would save a human over an animal hurr durr " even if they never did volunteering to feed homeless or donate money to ORG like save the children to ACTUALLY help "humans" but they care only about themselves and spend time playing video games, eating doritos like a pro fat fuck and masturbate on 4chan to some creepy scat pron.

those kind of people are not a sub-species of human but just shit.
    Um, what?
    Last edited by Mistame; 2016-05-29 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    By the way, this doesn't go into correcting the stereotype that gorillas are somehow agressive, killers that are viscous.

Gorillas being primarily frugivores/herbivores tend to lean more towards the peaceful side of things. Males will occasionally try to scare a perceived enemy or rival away though with mock charges, chest beating and intimidating movements.
    Looking at the video, the gorilla was behaving gently with the child in some moments and more roughly with others...really though, this is more about the animal's size and strength, not intent to harm. It's a 400 pound animal, a lot of things could have happened due to his sheer size.

It is a sad situation and I am sad about the loss of innocent life due to human negligence. But the zoo likely did what was most appropriate given the situation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    so? children are all over the place, the gorilla is endangered. Seems pretty simple to me.

The parents should be charged with killing the animal, and put in jail, plus have their assets seized and sold and put towards gorilla conservation.

Fucking awful. What kind of shit parents do you have to be to let your kid get into an animal enclosure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Nice. You managed to break like 3 forum rules in one sentence. But news flash: A human life always trumps the life of an animal. That's how the real world works.

You have to get outside your parents basement and see how real world works, human life arent all worth the same, sorry to ruin your nickelodeon utopia :/

we can even make a pool "child life > lion life?" and see the results and then make a "pedo rapist life > lion life?" and see the true face of hypocrisy

but hey i dont pretend americunt cant understand how world works ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Last edited by Ehuehuecopter; 2016-05-29 at 08:33 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    so? children are all over the place, the gorilla is endangered. Seems pretty simple to me.
    It is. 1 human > ∞ animals.

The parents should be charged with killing the animal, and put in jail, plus have their assets seized and sold and put towards gorilla conservation.
    I mean, I realize we entered the realm of retarded absurdities pages ago, but come on.

Fucking awful. What kind of shit parents do you have to be to let your kid get into an animal enclosure.
    Apparently the kind that doesn't have their eyes on their kids 110% of the time. Kids move fast and they couldn't very well go after him. But hey, clearly the parents let their child go in.

Damn those hyper-kinetic kids! Always moving faster than light! >:[

are we making a tour of hurr durr parenting 101 or what?

7+ Year Old Account
    You have to get outside your parents basement and see how real world works, human life arent all worth the same, sorry to ruin your nickelodeon utopia :/
    Clearly this four year-old child is a murderous child molester. As far as my "parents' basement", sorry to ruin your day but I was on my own and making babies before you were probably even made. /shrug

we can even make a pool "child life > lion life?" and see the results and then make a "pedo rapist life > lion life?" and see the true face of hypocrisy

but hey i dont pretend americunt cant understand how world works ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I don't think you understand how English works.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post

Apparently the kind that doesn't have their eyes on their kids 110% of the time. Kids move fast and they couldn't very well go after him. But hey, clearly the parents let their child go in.
    To be fair, if I was in charge of a kid that said "i'm going into the enclosure" I'd be watching them or tie them to me with those backpack leash things.