Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    So we get flower pots and no new jobs/class?
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    So we get flower pots and no new jobs/class?
    Why would you even expect new jobs in a patch? That's an expansion thing if anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Why would you even expect new jobs in a patch? That's an expansion thing if anything.
    Rogue/Ninja technically came in just a patch.
    Last edited by Gutler; 2016-05-29 at 07:23 PM.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Sad, but eerily close to true. I've played HW more in the past 18 months than WoD...and HW hasn't even been out for those entire 18 months.

Anyway, trailer also showcases dyeable Final Coil armor, akin to how 3.2 brought dyeable Allagan gear. Not something they've went out of the way to advertise, but cool nonetheless.
    I'd say my main issue with FF14 and Heavensward in general right now is that while the game is great they seem afraid to take any large risks. This in turn has made the patches for HW mostly just 'more of the same' of what we got in ARR with more beast tribe dailies, some new dungeons to run, and another part of a raid with a few bosses. Now sure have added side things but usually they aren't put in with the quality they probably should have or aren't properly built up and usually are forgotten shortly after release such as the pet battles and Diadem (and hopefully the Palace of the Dead doesn't become another Diadem). I'm kind of hoping that the expansion announced in October will show them being more willing to try different ideas and actually build upon those ideas rather than just more of the same with more same ol' beast tribe dailies, a couple dungeons, and another few boss raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Rogue/Ninja technically came in just a patch,
    There is no technically. It did but they had that planned at launch and just didn't finish it is all.

Holy crap these people know how to deliver content. I've gotten so used to large gaps in WoW, it feels like I'm being spoiled playing this game

Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    I'd say my main issue with FF14 and Heavensward in general right now is that while the game is great they seem afraid to take any large risks. This in turn has made the patches for HW mostly just 'more of the same' of what we got in ARR with more beast tribe dailies, some new dungeons to run, and another part of a raid with a few bosses. Now sure have added side things but usually they aren't put in with the quality they probably should have or aren't properly built up and usually are forgotten shortly after release such as the pet battles and Diadem (and hopefully the Palace of the Dead doesn't become another Diadem). I'm kind of hoping that the expansion announced in October will show them being more willing to try different ideas and actually build upon those ideas rather than just more of the same with more same ol' beast tribe dailies, a couple dungeons, and another few boss raid.
    Being that I didn't start playing this game until a couple months pre-HW, it's more difficult to fully realize how closely the patch cycle of ARR and HW mirror. There's without a doubt a level of overlap, though. So the concern over predictability is justified.

Could be worse, though...this game could still be stuck with only 2 max level dungeons and one raid. I wouldn't have returned by now, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Being that I didn't start playing this game until a couple months pre-HW, it's more difficult to fully realize how closely the patch cycle of ARR and HW mirror. There's without a doubt a level of overlap, though. So the concern over predictability is justified.

Could be worse, though...this game could still be stuck with only 2 max level dungeons and one raid. I wouldn't have returned by now, heh.
    Tbf ARR only had Amdapor and Wanderers originally dungeon wise. Their idea of small at the start and big at the end really works because they deliver content so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Holy crap these people know how to deliver content. I've gotten so used to large gaps in WoW, it feels like I'm being spoiled playing this game
    lol i feel the same way

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    I wish their animations for attacks felt more satisfying. I would love to play their mmo, but I get too bored due to the lack of action.
    How much did you play? At max level there's tons of action. The game is pretty story based so leveling CAN be a bit slow if that's not your thing and all classes are pretty slow up to ~30 (or 40 in some cases) due to the long GCD and lack of the full complement of skills.

If it's not your thing, that's fine, just saying that if you enjoy the game don't give up too soon as it is slow at first but gets better later.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    How much did you play? At max level there's tons of action. The game is pretty story based so leveling CAN be a bit slow if that's not your thing and all classes are pretty slow up to ~30 (or 40 in some cases) due to the long GCD and lack of the full complement of skills.

If it's not your thing, that's fine, just saying that if you enjoy the game don't give up too soon as it is slow at first but gets better later.
    yeah every mmo starts off slow but trust me it just gets better