Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Stop nuking old cards then ?

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    When creating my Pirate Warrior for the Tavern Brawl I was surprised to see that I could add a Deaths Bite and a Ship's Cannon to my deck.

How is this fair to all the free-to-play players who disenchanted all their GvG and Naxx cards? At the very least there should be a Standard mode for the Tavern Brawl. The case was similar 2 weeks ago in "Top 2" when Warriors could put a Target Dummy in their Bolster decks.

I'm free to play and didn't nuke all my cards. Why would I? Why is making the conscience choice to do something "not fair"? You weren't made to do it.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    When creating my Pirate Warrior for the Tavern Brawl I was surprised to see that I could add a Deaths Bite and a Ship's Cannon to my deck.

How is this fair to all the free-to-play players who disenchanted all their GvG and Naxx cards? At the very least there should be a Standard mode for the Tavern Brawl. The case was similar 2 weeks ago in "Top 2" when Warriors could put a Target Dummy in their Bolster decks.
    Anyone dumb enough to shard cards in the first place (particularly from card sets that are currently not accessible) gets what they deserve.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why wouldn't you? Why is it silly? Why is it a poor decision? And why do you think you are the master of all truth?

Strictly speaking I didn't say the F2Pers all did it (I haven't yet for example), I only said 'of the ones that did'. But yeah there is an implication in my remarks that F2P players are more likely to stop playing Wild format and go ahead and DE the older expansions so that they can craft classic and newer cards to save on months of grinding. That is my reasoning.

The second part about Tavern Brawl having both formats has already been mentioned, there is a reference to a Blizzard post above.
    So... really whay you're doing is just complaining about problems that may or may not exist with people who are not you involving something they may or may not have done...

Righto. Quality thread.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I'm free to play and didn't nuke all my cards. Why would I? Why is making the conscience choice to do something "not fair"? You weren't made to do it.
    Blizzard are artificially restricting players who decide to DE old cards by not making a Standard format Tavern Brawl.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Anyone dumb enough to shard cards in the first place (particularly from card sets that are currently not accessible) gets what they deserve.
    In what way is it dumb if you decide to give up playing Wild to instantly craft loads of new cards that would otherwise take months to acquire?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    So... really whay you're doing is just complaining about problems that may or may not exist with people who are not you involving something they may or may not have done...

Righto. Quality thread.
    Not quite. I will DE them in the future and I am fully aware of the consequences unless Blizzard change things again.

Deleted
    Blizzard are artificially restricting players who decide to DE old cards by not making a Standard format Tavern Brawl.
    I fail to see why Blizzard is responsible for some of their players DE'ing their own cards. Seems a clear case of people hamstringing themselves.

In what way is it dumb if you decide to give up playing Wild to instantly craft loads of new cards that would otherwise take months to acquire?
    It is pretty dumb if you DE your own cards and then complain about it on the forums.

Not quite. I will DE them in the future and I am fully aware of the consequences unless Blizzard change things again.
    You DE your cards, you carry the responsibility. So what exactly is the problem again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    I fail to see why Blizzard is responsible for some of their players DE'ing their own cards. Seems a clear case of people hamstringing themselves.
    It's not hamstringing yourself if you can craft loads of new cards with the dust instead of grinding for months; why would you not do that if you don't intend to play Wild? Except that in return Blizzard decide to restrict you in the Tavern Brawl instead of making a Standard mode for that as well which is silly.

It is pretty dumb if you DE your own cards and then complain about it on the forums.
    It would be but no one's doing that. The thread is about why Tavern Brawl has Wild format only.

You DE your cards, you carry the responsibility. So what exactly is the problem again?
    That's not the problem.

They probably expected all the Antonidas spam and figured why not. It'll be broken anyway lol.

Why on earth would you disenchant any card you have deck limit or less of?

Deleted
    It's not hamstringing yourself if you can craft loads of new cards with the dust instead of grinding for months; why would you not do that if you don't intend to play Wild? Except that in return Blizzard decide to restrict you in the Tavern Brawl instead of making a Standard mode for that as well which is silly.
    This keeps coming back to player decisions; player decides, unrealistically, that they will not play in wild format, which if anything is silly when, as it has already been pointed out, Blizzard informed everyone in advance that tavern brawls will include both standard and wild format. It actually makes perfect sense that they would utilize both formats for the brawls, since certain types of brawls can very well benefit from old cards.

That's not the problem.
    Seems like it is since it's the only way you can make this into a problem.
    Last edited by mmoc6e18b67333; 2016-05-29 at 09:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengiratolom View Post
    Why on earth would you disenchant any card you have deck limit or less of?
    For the dust if it's an old card and you have no plans to play Wild. Except for the Tavern Brawl which is what we're discussing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Any smart player knows you never get rid of cards.
    Spending real money on packs of worthless virtual cards is smart.

Way I see it, either you want the dust more than you want the vague possibility of an easier Tavern Brawl win or you don't.

Personally I keep all my cards because I'm a collector, but really I don't see why you'd feel it's necessary to have Wild cards just for TB. Plenty of other ways to win, and it's only one pack a week anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The same argument can more or less be made in reverse. Unless a player is a HS streamer & for some reason is dead set on getting to Legend rank quickly then there is no immediate need to go and dust their old collection in order to craft new legendaries. Those players are artifically gimping their own 'OPness' in future tavern brawls (if they care about that).

- - - Updated - - -

To get back on the thread's topic, I would say tavern brawl includes both formats (notice I did not say every brawl is only in wild format because it isn't) is due to the mode of play mostly just being for fun. It doesn't need to be nit picked to death & compartmentalized to fit every single type of player for each week's tavern brawl all of the time. Leave that for the ladder & arena play.