10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadewind View Post
    Well, it also allows the raids to have more connections to the world. Or at least point out that there are other methods to taking down this villain that are smaller in scale but less likely to succeed. (Which is why I love the Icecrown dungeons and ICC.)

A lot of times, raids really are disconnected from the world and don't affect much beyond the area they exist in. This is probably why a lot more people like Binding Coil as we already know what would happen if Bahamut were allowed to come back. We don't know from experience what the goblins or Alexander would do. (That said...hopefully we'll see SOMETHING in 3.4 regarding that)
    We know a bit they would drain the entire world of aether

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadewind View Post
    A lot of times, raids really are disconnected from the world and don't affect much beyond the area they exist in. This is probably why a lot more people like Binding Coil as we already know what would happen if Bahamut were allowed to come back. We don't know from experience what the goblins or Alexander would do. (That said...hopefully we'll see SOMETHING in 3.4 regarding that)
    Wasn't what the goblins are up to explained in the quest text?

- - - Updated - - -

So the Diadem is only accessible by people in FCs ...

There is nowhere else to capture pterodactyl ...

FML
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

I tackled the new seasonal event today! Somehow I managed to strike it lucky and get the 'best' ending unintentionally. I guess I have my fondness for intrigue to thank for that? I'll have to make use of the MGP bonus whilst I can. I don't care all that much about getting Fenrir since that will be an eventual goal that I do not rush towards but I'm sure that the developers will add other prizes that I'm much more interested in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Wasn't what the goblins are up to explained in the quest text?

- - - Updated - - -

So the Diadem is only accessible by people in FCs ...

There is nowhere else to capture pterodactyl ...

FML
    No just diadem hm regular you can sign up for in ishgard

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    No just diadem hm regular you can sign up for in ishgard
    3-4 hour queue though. ;_;

Don't really know what to do when I get in there. Kill stuff until it's all dead then fish?
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't really know what to do when I get in there. Kill stuff until it's all dead then fish?
    You can fish right away, but you probably want to take care of some of the mobs in the vicinity first.

Coeurl paws (gatherer stealth) does NOT work on Diadem mobs.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    You can fish right away, but you probably want to take care of some of the mobs in the vicinity first.

Coeurl paws (gatherer stealth) does NOT work on Diadem mobs.
    What about the rest of the group?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I tackled the new seasonal event today! Somehow I managed to strike it lucky and get the 'best' ending unintentionally. I guess I have my fondness for intrigue to thank for that? I'll have to make use of the MGP bonus whilst I can. I don't care all that much about getting Fenrir since that will be an eventual goal that I do not rush towards but I'm sure that the developers will add other prizes that I'm much more interested in.
    Interesting event.

Although I really hate "puzzles" of this sort - namely puzzles that don't provide enough information to solve them; including information necessary to exclude all false conclusions thus requiring huge leaps of faith, the same thing happened with the last puzzle involving some status in Western Thanalan.

Otherwise it's a nice turn of events - instead of the same old same old "fetch/kill X", "deliver Y to A", ... etc.
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2016-05-29 at 01:16 AM.

Deleted

release me

10+ Year Old Account
    What about the rest of the group?
    Gathering / fishing counts as a direct Diadem objective, so they do get a benefit from you catching fish up to a certain point.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting event.

Although I really hate "puzzles" of this sort - namely puzzles that don't provide enough information to solve them; including information necessary to exclude all false conclusions thus requiring huge leaps of faith, the same thing happened with the last puzzle involving some status in Western Thanalan.

Otherwise it's a nice turn of events - instead of the same old same old "fetch/kill X", "deliver Y to A", ... etc.
    Actually, if you gather all 10 clues it's a rather clear cut scenario. Every answer makes sense and is backed by hard evidence.
    It becomes apparent when you read this guide:
    http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/And_Then_There_Were_Some

15+ Year Old Account
    I am slightly sad that the mini airship mount has to be tied to the feast something that i will never do....

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Since it was pay day today i bought myself a nice little toy (love the phoenix music that plays while riding it)

thats so awesome! i still need to get that mount

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post

release me
    No BRDs allowed. Can't have people singing about some other guy putting an axe through their friends skull.

Serious note, I've got nothing for helping with that. O.o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post

release me
    My condolences.

Deleted
    I really wonder how bad they thread Minfilia, how many of them will do her while I look for this airship and deal with this phantom isle... damn my character and npcs don't seem to care. I hope Minfilia and Yda aren't completely broken when I finally decide to rescue them...

10+ Year Old Account
    Minfilia was asking for it. She needs some punishment.
    Also she can take it.

Not so sure about Yda though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    I really wonder how bad they thread Minfilia, how many of them will do her while I look for this airship and deal with this phantom isle... damn my character and npcs don't seem to care. I hope Minfilia and Yda aren't completely broken when I finally decide to rescue them...
    Ooh are you talking about when captured after titan? Yeeah Tataru is the one you need to worry about....

10+ Year Old Account
    Tataru is secretly god.

Holy hell. Crafting and gathering in the 50-52 range is brutal as fuck when you come into it without BiS gear from ARR. It appears it should smooth out by 53 on everything, though, which at that level I'll have all HW gear.

anyone else get kinda depressed after doing 50 synced roulettes and realize how much more fun some of the classes were before they decided to make everything overly complicated? bard and blm especially.

Can't speak for BLM as mine is only 53 at the moment, but BRD I honestly find dull pre-HW now that I've gotten used to Wanderer's Minuet.
    I'm not saying adding complexety (and often complication) is always good, but in the case of the bard I really do like it. I wouldn't mind them pruning a bit of the damage-increasing CDs mind you.