Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    According to a redditleak the prepatch is supposed to hit in exactly 3 weeks, and I'm just sitting here feeling like I should prepare a reroll already.

Quote Originally Posted by Zungate View Post
    According to a redditleak the prepatch is supposed to hit in exactly 3 weeks, and I'm just sitting here feeling like I should prepare a reroll already.
    I said we all should get ready for rerolling, like, in February or something like that

Also: 19th of July - which is the date mentioned in leak - is not 3 weeks away.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-05-29 at 09:44 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

The average time for pre-patch is ~4 weeks before release. The longest was 7 weeks before. That would be almost 9 weeks early. Honestly, I would expect after theJuly 4th break week at the earliest

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    ohmygawd i suck at math. Just ignore my last post. I'll go hide now.

ohmygawd i suck at math. Just ignore my last post. I'll go hide now.
    Look at the bright side: you now have a lot more time to get your reroll character ready

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Look at the bright side: you now have a lot more time to get your reroll character ready
    I started ~1mon ago... Tankadin and Lock. Before and after the low level changes. It does feel better until ~20. Left Mulgore right at 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    The average time for pre-patch is ~4 weeks before release. The longest was 7 weeks before. That would be almost 9 weeks early. Honestly, I would expect after theJuly 4th break week at the earliest
    9 weeks seems best. With the Broken Shore Raid & the Karazhan dungeon, this is the largest pre-event ever. And that would set it at the week after the movie's premere: IE the best time to unroll some new content for the new players.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    One priest on the beta forum suggested to increase PW:Shield power and increase its CD... NO. Just no. ITS OUR ONLY mobility tool, do not ask for the CD to be increased, just don't.
    They would have to rework how Body and Soul works for Shadow as well then. If they didn't Masochism or Mania would become the default choices.

Sometimes I swear the general player base comes up with some of the worst suggestions. Worst yet, sometimes I think Blizzard implements them just because they are bad.
    I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    9 weeks seems best. With the Broken Shore Raid & the Karazhan dungeon, this is the largest pre-event ever. And that would set it at the week after the movie's premere: IE the best time to unroll some new content for the new players.
    Broken Shore is a large scale scenario, not a repeatable raid. Karazhan is part of the artifact quests, and possibly a 5man patch. Neither of these are massive pre-patch things requiring several months.

The DH starting zone would be the largest addition in the pre-patch, and if they shock players and add the first part of the artifact quests to boost subs/pre-purchase.
    Last edited by Aeriel; 2016-05-29 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Oh, my bad. I thought you're about the talent which increases movement speed based on insanity we have.

Anyways, a better healing talent should definitely not be in a mobility talent tier, amirite?
    Depends on how you look at it. It could be mobility, it could be 'deal with raid gimmicks'. Maybe you run out of the fire faster with Body and Soul, but maybe with a gigantic Masochism heal you just pop off a Shadow Mend and keep DPSing.

Edit: Further, a 'mobility' tier is really the only place it can go. Masochism obviously can't compete with a DPS talent for raiders, or a control talent for PvP. Mobility is usually useful because it prevents or minimizes damage, which is the closest match.
    Last edited by davesignal; 2016-05-29 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    multitarget schizophrenic asscancer
    This is now my official motto. If I had a GoT-style sigil, this'd be on there.

I'm just resigned to rerolling at this point. I stand by my "wait and see" philosophy, but as I am waiting and am seeing, things just don't seem to be improving substantially. I think I've endured the BS that is SP long enough, doing x2 the work of other rdps just to get x0.8 their damage out of it. I'll stop bothering with some 15-step non-periodic lag-and-your-DPS-is-dead rotation and go join the 1-1-2 Mage club where I'll have one hand free to fondle my balls while I top the meter.

Class fantasy class shmantasy, they had a chance to streamline SPs into a solid spec and instead chose to just stick with the ten extra hoops, same as they always have. Or maybe it's eleven hoops now, considering you'll RSI your fingers trying to keep up with blink-and-they're-gone DoTs. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    This is now my official motto. If I had a GoT-style sigil, this'd be on there.

I'm just resigned to rerolling at this point. I stand by my "wait and see" philosophy, but as I am waiting and am seeing, things just don't seem to be improving substantially. I think I've endured the BS that is SP long enough, doing x2 the work of other rdps just to get x0.8 their damage out of it. I'll stop bothering with some 15-step non-periodic lag-and-your-DPS-is-dead rotation and go join the 1-1-2 Mage club where I'll have one hand free to fondle my balls while I top the meter.

Class fantasy class shmantasy, they had a chance to streamline SPs into a solid spec and instead chose to just stick with the ten extra hoops, same as they always have. Or maybe it's eleven hoops now, considering you'll RSI your fingers trying to keep up with blink-and-they're-gone DoTs. No thanks.
    Well goodbye then. If some of you people want to play mage and lock so bad.....then do it. I'd rather avoid this thread from turning into an emotional dumping ground......

I swear the sky isn't falling. The spec isn't perfect but damn some people are dramatic about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    Well goodbye then. If some of you people want to play mage and lock so bad.....then do it. I'd rather avoid this thread from turning into an emotional dumping ground......

I swear the sky isn't falling. The spec isn't perfect but damn some people are dramatic about it.
    That level of whinging looks terrible from the outside, incidentally. I've seen a prominent (not shadow) theorycrafter mention how priests have, quote, a 'horrible community' as a reason for not rolling a shadow alt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that official?

Where is source?

I sorta stopped following shadow for a while since I swapped to a mage to pewpew archimonde after our first kill.

I was a bit disgruntled with the state of priests at the time seeing everyone else pull bigger numbers with far less effort.

Whats the consensus (lol) on the state of them currently? I'm not talking about numbers because thats just a tuning pass but do they feel good? Does the spec flow and do the talents generally make sense and so on? Do they have any glaring weaknesses still? (Let me guess - snap aoe!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    That level of whinging looks terrible from the outside, incidentally. I've seen a prominent (not shadow) theorycrafter mention how priests have, quote, a 'horrible community' as a reason for not rolling a shadow alt.
    Part of the "bad community" is the level of internecine warfare, which goes both ways. I don't really have a horse in the race, but as I've followed the thread, it feels like half the posts are about characterizing the people posters disagree with as crybabies and "whingers" or as delusional fanboys and apologists. I somehow doubt that will change--the emotion seems to be running high on both sides of the divide.

That consistently makes me less interested in coming to MMO-Champion for priest discussion. But, on the bright side, at least this forum isn't as insulting to each other as the MMO-C hunter forum.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

I think if there's one thing everyone can agree on it's 'at least we're not the kind of people who play hunter'.

Quote Originally Posted by majesta View Post
    They would have to rework how Body and Soul works for Shadow as well then. If they didn't Masochism or Mania would become the default choices.

Sometimes I swear the general player base comes up with some of the worst suggestions. Worst yet, sometimes I think Blizzard implements them just because they are bad.
    That was my suggestion - I'm really curious what you get out of moving faster every 7sec aside from quality of life. If you're trying to make an argument for mobility in PvP that needs to be addressed in the honor talents, NOT the PvE talents.

As I stated in my post on the blizzard forums, my Mage's Ice Barrier shields for 2x the amount our PW:Shield does - I can also blink and heal myself to full as fire. I can frost nova, dragon's breath and flamestrike mob's to control them.

Please explain to me as a priest how shielding yourself every 7seconds so you can run away and kite a mob is engaging gameplay. The root of the problem isn't that Body and Soul is our "only mobility tool" it's that we have to have mobility to survive in the first place. Buff our shield, give us more armor, or do something aside from "Oh here is a 7sec movespeed increase which you're wasting a global on during void form (which is a loss of DPS, incredible loss) just so you can survive/kite".

That's not a valid argument.

ROFL @ jewelcrafting's crafted necklace for priest. That's all you need to know about how developers do stuff for shadow priests.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Depends on how you look at it. It could be mobility, it could be 'deal with raid gimmicks'. Maybe you run out of the fire faster with Body and Soul, but maybe with a gigantic Masochism heal you just pop off a Shadow Mend and keep DPSing.
    Edit: Further, a 'mobility' tier is really the only place it can go. Masochism obviously can't compete with a DPS talent for raiders, or a control talent for PvP. Mobility is usually useful because it prevents or minimizes damage, which is the closest match.
    That's why, I think, it is just bad. That talent tier simply screams "add feathers here dude!" /sigh
    Also: gigantic Masochism, really? More like a 15mm instead of 13... I fail to see any good raider taking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Whats the consensus (lol) on the state of them currently? I'm not talking about numbers because thats just a tuning pass but do they feel good? Does the spec flow and do the talents generally make sense and so on? Do they have any glaring weaknesses still? (Let me guess - snap aoe!)
    It feels bad, sadly. Talents have zero gameplay changing choices, and most often there is only one good talent in a row. Gameplay is most non-fluid we ever had, up to the point when I seriousy question whether artificial hoops and non-streamlining were specially designed for SP. In short, everything I hated in SP - things like no burst, no aoe, clunky tab targeting multidotting - is still here, while all the things I loved like tons of utility, high mobility, high self-healing capability, are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    You can swear all you want. People have betas and had their chances to test it and make their own conclusions. "We're OK, we just have to do usual 200% effort to get 80% of any other rdps performance" - no, that's not ok, sorry.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-05-30 at 06:44 AM.