Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bastion is fine. Mcree, Widowmaker and Mei are the ones that need balanced.
    Last edited by Uoyredrum; 2016-05-29 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Honestly I could return the 'it's too early to say anything about balance!' argument back to you saying there's no OP heroes, it's an incredibly arrogant thing to say.

We'll see what Blizzard thinks when they do their balance pass, I'm done trying to prove Widow and McCree are busted.
    Sorry bro but that's not the case. Widow is not even close to OP. You can counter her with DVA or another Widow. You have the ability to switch heroes and should take advantage of that mechanic.

Another thing people forget about Overwatch is it's balanced around team play, not 1v1s. If you play this game like it's cod you are a hindrance to your team and the community as a whole.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    at the start bastion was the OP hero, when people learned how to play against him, he is no more.

now McCree, you will figure out how to deal with him soon.

in all honestly, the only op hero in the game is Tracer, and only on a very pro hands, so not anyone can make you feel that Tracer is op, if you have not played against very pro Tracer player, then wait and see how can he destroys you and your team.

on the other hand, i think Zenyatta need a buff

Quote Originally Posted by Vurdah View Post
    Sorry bro but that's not the case. Widow is not even close to OP. You can counter her with DVA or another Widow. You have the ability to switch heroes and should take advantage of that mechanic.

Another thing people forget about Overwatch is it's balanced around team play, not 1v1s. If you play this game like it's cod you are a hindrance to your team and the community as a whole.
    I have not played a single solo queue game and I'm currently level 61, every single game I have played was in a team of atleast 4 players.

Having to pick DVA for Widow already puts your team at a disadvantage because DVA is awful, her actual counters are Winston and maybe Genji, she has the height advantage too often to be dealt with by Tracer.

You again come over as an incredibly arrogant player.

McCree is the only character I see as overpowered right now, nades have no counterplay and his spam right click is way too accurate and kills every non tank character.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    McCree is the only character I see as overpowered right now, nades have no counterplay and his spam right click is way too accurate and kills every non tank character.
    It also kills most tanks.

Honestly I could return the 'it's too early to say anything about balance!' argument back to you saying there's no OP heroes, it's an incredibly arrogant thing to say.
    First off, McCree isn't OP. You have to stop looking at this as a 1 vs 1. This is a team shooter with team concepts. There have already been numerous posts in this thread explaining to you why he isn't OP yet you seem to completely disregard anything that doesn't agree with your claim.

I'd suggest playing as McCree to learn his weaknesses. You should be doing this with all heroes actually but particularly against those you have problems with.

Secondly, accusing people of being arrogant, stupid and naive isn't going to help advance your argument. Your statements are just as absolute as theirs. Disagreeing with posts is fine, questioning someone's character and intelligence is not.
    Last edited by Budong; 2016-05-29 at 10:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't agree. McCree's flashbang is annoying since he can one shot any offensive character with a fan the hammer afterwards, but I find Mei about 100x more irritating. Mei is the devil. I would be totally okay with her being removed from the game. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    First off, McCree isn't OP. You have to stop looking at this as a 1 vs 1. This is a team shooter with team concepts. There have already been numerous posts in this thread explaining to you why he isn't OP yet you seem to completely disregard anything that doesn't agree with your claim.

I'd suggest playing as McCree to learn his weaknesses. You should be doing this with all heroes actually but particularly against those you have problems with.

Secondly, accusing people of being arrogant, stupid and naive isn't going to help advance your argument. Your statements are just as absolute as theirs. Disagreeing with posts is fine, questioning someone's character and intelligence is not.
    Just because a character has weaknesses doesn't mean they aren't OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really Bastion I have more frustrated moments with Hanzo and Widowmaker sniping me from halfway across the level :P :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

You obviously never read my post, I don't play alone, ever, McCree is my most used hero, I'm level 61 so I have plenty of playing experience though I'm well aware that doesn't say anything about skill.

All of you sound like redditors oh my god.

I'm done with this to be honest, I'll let Blizzard decide what's balanced and what's not.

McCree is obnoxious. His single shot does alot of damage even at great range, and his Flashbang/Fan combo can kill almost any character outright. Any CQC area is dominated by him out right

I have not played a single solo queue game and I'm currently level 61, every single game I have played was in a team of atleast 4 players.

Having to pick DVA for Widow already puts your team at a disadvantage because DVA is awful, her actual counters are Winston and maybe Genji, she has the height advantage too often to be dealt with by Tracer.

You again come over as an incredibly arrogant player.
    LOL! No. DVA is one of the heroes in the game in the hands of a competent player, which by your replies I can only assume you are not. DVA is really good for harassing the enemy team and creating opening for your team to push. And that ulti. Even if you don't kill anyone with it, it pushes the enemy way of point allowing your team to push in.

I think you are narrow minded as a player and only know how to shotty, shotty and healy, healy. You have no concept of counter play or maximizing the use of your heroes skillset.

And omg big bad level 61! You know queueing with friend and other people to form a premade give bonus xp right? And your level means nothing other than you put in enough hours to hit said level. You can be complete garbage and hit level 61 by now. I couldn't get the game until Wed and have close to 20 hours in and I am level 30 and that is straight solo queueing. Again, level is meaningless I don't know how you thought that gave you any sort of credit.

Just because a character has weaknesses doesn't mean they aren't OP.
    Ok...that's true but it doesn't really address anything. Are you saying McCree is or isn't OP? I could also say just because you die a lot to a certain hero doesn't mean it's OP. Or hell just because a hero wears a hat doesn't mean they're OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Vurdah View Post
    LOL! No. DVA is one of the heroes in the game in the hands of a competent player, which by your replies I can only assume you are not. DVA is really good for harassing the enemy team and creating opening for your team to push. And that ulti. Even if you don't kill anyone with it, it pushes the enemy way of point allowing your team to push in.

I think you are narrow minded as a player and only know how to shotty, shotty and healy, healy. You have no concept of counter play or maximizing the use of your heroes skillset.

And omg big bad level 61! You know queueing with friend and other people to form a premade give bonus xp right? And your level means nothing other than you put in enough hours to hit said level. You can be complete garbage and hit level 61 by now. I couldn't get the game until Wed and have close to 20 hours in and I am level 30 and that is straight solo queueing. Again, level is meaningless I don't know how you thought that gave you any sort of credit.
    If you actually think DVA is that good then this discussion is over and has no point anymore.

I assume you're US or I'd gladly play your team with mine to see how well your DVA does.

In any case this is pointless, again I'll wait for Blizzard to balance instead of discussing this with people like you.

You'll be happy with the guaranteed DVA buffs though I imagine.

Ok...that's true but it doesn't really address anything. Are you saying McCree is or isn't OP? I could also say just because you die a lot to a certain hero doesn't mean it's OP. Or hell just because a hero wears a hat doesn't mean they're OP.
    I think his fan the hammer is too strong, I think it's too accurate at medium ranges and should be a close range tool only.

You obviously never read my post, I don't play alone, ever, McCree is my most used hero, I'm level 61 so I have plenty of playing experience though I'm well aware that doesn't say anything about skill.

All of you sound like redditors oh my god.

I'm done with this to be honest, I'll let Blizzard decide what's balanced and what's not.
    I didn't read every post but I read enough to understand a lot about you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Bastion doesn't make me mad, being paired with retards makes me mad. Having a Mercy that only heals the tank no matter what and ignores everyone else. Having a Tracer just blinking around doing no damage. Having a Reaper use his teleport over and over in an open spot and getting sniped instantly and never learning. Having a Roadhog that misses every single hook. Having 3 snipers on a team. Having someone think that Symetra is a great solo support. Having a Zenyatta run into the front of the group and then wondering why he died. These are just a few things that make me mad at this game.
    Because its totally the game's fault that people don't play it properly?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    I'm sure top-top-end players know what they're talking about, so there must be something there if they're all taking double McCree *and* complaining about how strong he is. Personally I don't find him that bad, but I'm not playing at the high end so the McCrees I'm facing aren't the best either.

I think his fan the hammer is too strong, I think it's too accurate at medium ranges and should be a close range tool only.
    That makes more sense. Not sure if I agree, maybe I just haven't ran across a lot of good McCree's