Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I had German classes in high school. I hated them so much. Hatred towards anything German probably runs in my blood.
    In Belgium you have German for 3 years in high school. Had the laziest teacher ever for German, and most of the time she would just put on listening exercises with horrendous and incomprehensible accents, but the school gave shit about German so we didn't even have exams for it. But when I switched schools for my 2 last years of hs there was an incredibly strict teacher with really high standards, those 2 years were hell. I used to have nightmares about der die das die.

Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    I've been trying to learn German because why not. Knowing only one language feels wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    Du bist ein Schmetterling.
    Ich habe Sauerkraut in meinen Lederhosen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Re:Zero up, and was fantastic. Very glad it has 25 episodes, they handle arcs very well.

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    *Dank

Spoiler: 
    You're using the noun in this case. To put it simply and stay in this context: "danke" is a rarely used particle that you'd hear in cases like "Ich danke dir" ("I thank you").
    Okay, cool. Thanks.

Everyone loves McRightclick

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Have they got up to showing the cause of the curse yet?
    Yeah. That oni-mode at the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Novel 'Eiyuu Kaitai' Gets Anime Adaptation

The story centers on a boy named Uro Yamada, and a 17-year-old girl named Karon. Both work as part of the "Hero Retirement and Return to Everyday Life Assistance Agency," which takes heroes from another world back to Earth and helps them reintegrate into everyday life. Karon, a former hero herself, works under Uro as they tackle cases and also lives with him, with Uro constantly failing to rein in Karon's hero-like behavior even as he tries to ingrain the behavior of common people into her.
    http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1516280

Oh, so episodes likely ended with Subaru dying by saving her then?
    Definitely getting to the end of the arc now.
    Yeah. Aren't there only 2 more eps before they wrap the arc up according to ep titles?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Everyone loves McRightclick
    But what time is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit Re:Zero was amazing.

I don't think it was subbed until after awakening, even though it was out before.
    remember looking for it and never finding it so thanks for the heads up

10+ Year Old Account
    Re: Language discussion.

You West Euros, Poles, Finns and Brazilians type better English than most native speakers. I guess that's the benefit of a more formalised education in the language though.

I find that the places that trip proficient ESL's are context and nuance, despite how low context the language is supposed to be.

And why is there still no full series anime?
    If only.
    I'm not sure if I even want to watch that since it probably spoils the manhwa a little

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Re: Language discussion.

You West Euros, Poles, Finns and Brazilians type better English than most native speakers. I guess that's the benefit of a more formalised education in the language though.

I find that the places that trip proficient ESL's are context and nuance, despite how low context the language is supposed to be.
    A lot of native English speakers disgust me with how bad their grammar can be.

Especially with stuff like "they're, their, there" or "to, too, two". I've definitely had an easier time reading written English with people that are ESL than native speakers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    There are also lots of little things, like, we have a native speaker intern at our office and she told me that saying "water and soap" would out me as a foreigner speaking english because native speakers usually say "soap and water".
    I've never even thought of that, but this is true. I've always seen people say soap and water, and never the other way around.

For me, I think it comes from too much social media and messaging services leading to people not giving a fuck how or what they actually type. I have a friend who is currently trying to get back into "forming proper sentences with grammar" just because she's gone from perfect English to not even using capital letters or commas and so on. Add in things like regional slang and it gets pretty horrific sometimes.
    I can't send something with bad grammar, even if it's a text message, unless I'm joking around. Though I use Swype on my phone, which makes it a lot easier. With my computer I've learned to type properly, so that also helps with keeping grammar proper, since it's so much easier to type with proper grammar than not having proper grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I've never even thought of that, but this is true. I've always seen people say soap and water, and never the other way around.
    Yeah, that kind of stuff is something non natives rarely know about
    I mean, I would probably say water and soap, simply because in Finnish we say "Wash your hands with water and soap" (Pese kädet vedellä ja saippualla).

Oh well, the more you know. Soap and water it is then.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as I know (I'm not up to date with the manwha though) it hasn't been properly expanded upon. It's mostly a lead up to why Rai went to sleep, really. Hint: A badass fight with Muzaka.
    oh well, might as well watch for the sake of seeing Muzaka beat the living shit out of Rai

10+ Year Old Account
    Soap and water is more of a rule of 'flow'. It just rolls off the tongue better for natives. They typically won't realise it though until they hear someone say 'water and soap', which will sound odd when spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Muzaka is badass as fuck. Not that Rai isn't, they both are and Noblesse is exponentially more awesome whenever they appear.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    No DE today T-T
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.