Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    The banks stole everyone's money, everyone feels the effects directly. There's this myth that financial crime doesn't hurt people, it does, it is just most people are too stupid to see it.
    And that's not what the OP was talking about at all, and no one is saying financial crime isn't bad. The op is talking about criminal organizations using britain's banking laws to store the money they made conducting illegal activities in other countries. The op is then saying that the country with the banking problems is more corrupt than the countries with more extensive organized crime/graft exploiting those banking laws. It's a statement that assumes other countries are more corrupt than britain as one of its implied premises and then contradicts the premise.

Britain more corrupt than places like Zimbabwe and Mexico.

Aaaaaay lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2...-expert-rober/

The London City needs to be cleaned up. All of London basically functions on trickled down blood money. It's disgusting.
    They learned it from Russia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Think they need to check out some african countrys if they think that lol.
    they stole africas rain

Every government is corrupt, it's the nature of humanity. However, the Brits are not even close to the worst on the list.

http://www.transparency.org/cpi2013/results

Deleted
    HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA wow I feel honored

Deleted
    Leave or stay in the EU makes no odds, Falklands are still going to be part of the British Isle, As for london being built on "Blood Money" Money is Money, you may condone the actions used to gain it, but in the end, a Tenner is Still a Tenner.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    And that's not what the OP was talking about at all, and no one is saying financial crime isn't bad. The op is talking about criminal organizations using britain's banking laws to store the money they made conducting illegal activities in other countries. The op is then saying that the country with the banking problems is more corrupt than the countries with more extensive organized crime/graft exploiting those banking laws. It's a statement that assumes other countries are more corrupt than britain as one of its implied premises and then contradicts the premise.
    You are behind the times. The financial scandals include collusion between the big banks and organized crime.
    This has more complicated effects than is apparent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Leave or stay in the EU makes no odds, Falklands are still going to be part of the British Isle, As for london being built on "Blood Money" Money is Money, you may condone the actions used to gain it, but in the end, a Tenner is Still a Tenner.
    Oh yippee we're fucking Nigeria. I'm so proud....

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    how is britain the most corrupt in the world, what you expect its the telegraph website there news is about as credible as the suns or daily star
    I was gonna say that the Telegraph, whilst biased, isn't as dumb as the tabloids you mention or the Daily Mail, but then I noticed this article was in their science section...

That said of course the UK is one of the most corrupt countries in the world, we transitioned from global super-power to financial power-house (well, London did) and there's all sorts of baggage attached to that.

Had to be a Cybran thread,
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

You are behind the times. The financial scandals include collusion between the big banks and organized crime.
    This has more complicated effects than is apparent.
    Wait, are you talking about the swift incursions? Has that been connected to britain somehow? I'll admit, I haven't heard of any connection there.

That's not what the op is talking about though. He's talking about banks like HSBC laundering money for criminal organizations and how britain's banking laws make it easy to do so. I don't think money laundering is as bad as the activities you have to do to get the money you need to launder.

This isn't to say money laundering is the only financial crime. I think a lot of the trade manipulation that has been going on is also bad, especially the privileged trader information you can pay for, combined with preferred trading channels allowing companies to take advantage of that information with automated trades (front running if you do it as their actual advisor [and apparently MMO-C doesn't think advisor is a word] instead of just a firm paying for access to the information). This is still kinda-sorta-technically legal, if they do it in a certain way, but shouldn't be. But again, it's not kidnapping your daughter.

Edit: by preferred trading channels I mean companies will literally use different telecommunications infrastructure to make their trades be registered at the exchange before orders that were input before them.

Or are you talking about something else that I haven't heard of?
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2016-05-30 at 12:11 AM.

Deleted
    City of Londons propety market is a cesspool of laundered money. Its not street level corruption here (although one look at the met....). Heavy shit yo.

I honestly, thought that either one of the iranian countries, or north korea could take that spot. But, really...GREAT BRITAIN?! Jesus christ UK, what is up! We have hillary cinton and donald trump running for president...you'd expect us americans to be corrupt by now...but...UK!?!?! Fucking hell. Not to be rude, but...that's what you get when having a very old lady as queen. I'm really sorry...but...damn. Well, guess I'm infracted now....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Britain more corrupt than places like Zimbabwe and Mexico.

Aaaaaay lmao.
    Ok....those 2 countries as well....had more potential of being the most corrupt than britain. But...STILL!

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    I honestly, thought that either one of the iranian countries, or north korea could take that spot. But, really...GREAT BRITAIN?! Jesus christ UK, what is up! We have hillary cinton and donald trump running for president...you'd expect us americans to be corrupt by now...but...UK!?!?! Fucking hell. Not to be rude, but...that's what you get when having a very old lady as queen. I'm really sorry...but...damn. Well, guess I'm infracted now....

- - - Updated - - -

Ok....those 2 countries as well....had more potential of being the most corrupt than britain. But...STILL!
    It doesn't actually. Some writer who writes about crime says some bullshit to stir up controversy to sell books.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Every government is corrupt, it's the nature of humanity. However, the Brits are not even close to the worst on the list.

http://www.transparency.org/cpi2013/results
    But we all know that this list is a part of American propaganda campaign against Russia! Cybran told us!

Seriously though, people (those who honestly believe that, I mean, and not just say it because it serves their political agenda) who say that Britain is even close to the most corrupt, probably, have never been outside First World much. Places like Russia or China are so corrupt, that most elements aren't even considered corruption there, they are just a part of people's everyday life.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

I think Britain is one of the least corrupt countries on earth, who the f is this piece of garbage claiming Britain is the most corrupt?.

Edit: I watched gamorra and thought it was inspired by a gay activist 3rd world anchor baby.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2016-05-30 at 08:33 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    But we all know that this list is a part of American propaganda campaign against Russia! Cybran told us!

Seriously though, people (those who honestly believe that, I mean, and not just say it because it serves their political agenda) who say that Britain is even close to the most corrupt, probably, have never been outside First World much. Places like Russia or China are so corrupt, that most elements aren't even considered corruption there, they are just a part of people's everyday life.
    If you've bothered to read what the guy he wrote he is saying the money from organized crime gets stashed in Britain and its protectorates. He is not saying you have to bribe people to get a job or a degree or whatever. In the sense he is describing, yes, Britain is the most corrupt country in the world. It is a reasonable to call Britain the most corrupt in the world because it acts as a money-laundrette for the entire world.

It is not a difficult concept to understand and your reflexive tribalist nationalism isn't relevant.

If you've bothered to read what the guy he wrote he is saying the money from organized crime gets stashed in Britain and its protectorates. He is not saying you have to bribe people to get a job or a degree or whatever. In the sense he is describing, yes, Britain is the most corrupt country in the world. It is a reasonable to call Britain the most corrupt in the world because it acts as a money-laundrette for the entire world.

It is not a difficult concept to understand and your reflexive tribalist nationalism isn't relevant.
    It's not even close to reasonable to call Britain the most corrupt nation on the planet. The ability to hide money is not equivalent to the ability to purchase an entire government, assert oppression on the masses, or have law enforcement do your bidding. I have been in countries where a few thousand dollars sould have protected me from murder charges, that's not going to happen in Britain. I have been in countries that would imprison you for pissing off the wrong guy, something that is not likely to happen in Britain.

10+ Year Old Account

This is simply one of the manifestations of corruption. Just because this one is the biggest (and even that needs a citation) in Britain doesn't mean Britain is the most corrupt country in the world.

Then again, you are the guy who claimed that Venezuela is better off than the US and Britain, so...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

i'm not entirely sure i follow his train of reasoning

so if the UK is the route through which criminal cartels send and draw resources from the EU, that surely means that there's more criminal activity there
    wouldn't leaving the EU mean that the UK is no longer fulfilling that function for the criminal cartels and therefore they have less reason to invest their resources there as they need to find another gap through which to send their resources into the EU, therefore less criminal activity in the UK?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.