Page 46 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    LMAO 21% now...score just keeps dropping

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I think 40% is generous. Even as a huge Warcraft fan this movie was just awful. Sure it looked good but as far as storytelling goes it was just piss poor. I'm quite sure it'll be entertaining for the uneducated masses that find movies like Fast & Furious and Pacific Rim enjoyable.

honestly if you didnt enjoy pacific rim you mustve not had a very fun childhood, that film isnt supposed to be serious, it's a big dumb action movie that appeals for our inner 12 year olds, it's the cinematic equivalent of hitting action figures together, and it doesnt try to be anything more than that. maybe dont go into a monster fight movie expecting the godfather and then you wont be disappointed?

Rotten tomato know nothing about anger,jelly and trashing around feedback bullshits. It's not so bad

Oh man, it's getting uglier. Down to 20% and one star.

The movie was fun to watch, it is certainly not great or anything, but most certainly not as bad as rotten tomatoes makes it out to be.

Yeah its pretty ridiculous how RT gave them that rating. Movie was great, i expected worse.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Its down to 20% can we get a mod to change the title of the thread?

I mean, No one can expect this to be best picture or best acting at the Oscars, and it's not like the Warcraft story is Shakespeare, as long as it's a fun time, expecting any more is silly. A lot of professional critics forget what these kind of movies are supposed to be about I think.

Empire magazine gave it a shitty review.

Quote Originally Posted by thelightthatstrays View Post
    While that new xmen flick is also being widely panned it manages to score twice as high on RT than the warcraft movie. ....if you are looking to put the terribleness in perspective. Warcraft it set to be THE bomb of 2016.
    Gods of Egypt was a Bomb in early 2016.

140 Million budget - 142 Million worldwide return, 31 Million domestic total gross

23% Metacritic, 12% RTomatoes

- - - Updated - - -

This going to be one of those movies that a group of folks will hate it and another one will absolutely love it. Polarizing stuff.

No real middle ground with the movie being closer to mediocrity than total disaster to be honest with y'all.

Funny the critics panned it but IMDB users give it an 8.1, by contrast award-winning TV shows tend to IMDB score in the 8s and 9s.

The latest from Slant is probably my favorite one so far, lol. Tell us how you really feel, dude.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Funny the critics panned it but IMDB users give it an 8.1, by contrast award-winning TV shows tend to IMDB score in the 8s and 9s.
    That's because a bunch of people (read: rabid WoW fans) who haven't seen it yet gave it a 10.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

10+ Year Old Account
    I will pay to see it, and I urge others to do so, well because...Warcraft 3 the movie..

Also we all know Warcraft 1 wasn't that amazing any way.

I love how the US continues to pan it despite it seemingly doing well in every country it's released in so far. Amusing that a lot of the european critics feel the need to mention how many of the negatives are from across the pond, too.

You guys just jelly it won't be out for nearly 2 weeks or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I love how the US continues to pan it despite it seemingly doing well in every country it's released in so far. Amusing that a lot of the european critics feel the need to mention how many of the negatives are from across the pond, too.

You guys just jelly it won't be out for nearly 2 weeks or something?
    Well, of course it's doing well in every other part of the world. You guys get like two movies a year and spend the rest of your time hoop trundling.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Well, of course it's doing well in every other part of the world. You guys get like two movies a year and spend the rest of your time hoop trundling.
    :X Well that about sums up the average intellect shown in the american reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
    I will pay to see it, and I urge others to do so, well because...Warcraft 3 the movie..

Also we all know Warcraft 1 wasn't that amazing any way.
    Warcraft 1 was not all that amazing. I can agree with that but it is the core game and basics for all the other games.

Orcs vs Humans was all people knew back then in the beginning

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    hahaha, Europe is the mecca of art films, smaller films that are acclaimed and good with critics .

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    The latest from Slant is probably my favorite one so far, lol. Tell us how you really feel, dude.

- - - Updated - - -

That's because a bunch of people (read: rabid WoW fans) who haven't seen it yet gave it a 10.
    "IMDb publishes weighted vote averages rather than raw data averages. Various filters are applied to the raw data in order to eliminate and reduce attempts at vote stuffing by people more interested in changing the current rating of a movie than giving their true opinion of it.

The exact methods we use will not be disclosed. This should ensure that the policy remains effective. The result is a more accurate vote average."

It's certainly higher than 7, anyway.

If you take out *all* of the "10" votes, it would be at 7.1/10:

Current, vote # times amount of votes:
    398 (this is 398 "1" votes, for instance)
    Summed, divided by total of these votes (6665 currently)
    = 7.1 (out of 10)

It would be at 6.3 if you also took out the "9" votes.
    Last edited by OreoLover; 2016-05-30 at 12:48 AM.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

I watched it today. I didn't pay. I went in expecting shit. I came out with a 7/10 Movie.

These reviewers are fucking delusional on RT.

Remember who is writing this by the way. Check my history.
    Last edited by Paula Deen; 2016-05-30 at 01:06 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a purpose for this thread at this point? Most of the people who have seen the movie can't talk about it yet and a majority of the people who want to watch it can't. When the number of reviews goes over 100 and the general public is included then the number gains some meaning.