Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    So basically, instead of killing gorillas, kill your children instead. Because apparently if there is ever any accident that ever occurs where a parent wasn't the image of perfection in parenting, suddenly limiting childbirths akin to china is being considered.
    Maybe use birth control instead of popping out too many kids in the first place? Hard concept I know.

If a three year old did it in mere moments (which I assume to be the case, otherwise literally anyone else would have alerted somebody to the child jumping into the exhibit) then I doubt it was very effective.
    We don't have any evidence that it was "mere moments", just a statement from onlookers that the time between the child in question being seen in the exhibit before the child made contact with the gorilla was short. Considering how many visitors zoos get per year don't you think that something like this would have happened previously if the exhibit wasn't well-contained?

Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    For compensation and punishment the boy should take the place of the gorilla in the exhibit.
    Best comment of the day, thank you sir/madam.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    I did. He had the kid for 10 minutes. Plenty of time for a tranq to take effect. I call bullshit on that excuse though since they can drop an elephant in a couple of minutes with the right drugs.

The animal didn't ask to be captive. Humans should accept any and all consequences of going to a zoo especially parents who don't watch their kids. Humans aren't endangered either.
    By law, the life of a human is more importan than the life of an animal, doesn-t matter if its the last of its kind

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Maybe use birth control instead of popping out too many kids in the first place? Hard concept I know.
    Or maybe just don't have sex; you know: the natural method of producing offspring. But that is too radical! Just kill your children instead.

Also, if you want to start suggesting that one can have 'too many children' as if it is simply a statement of fact and not opinion, then you aren't really making any good arguments here.

We don't have any evidence that it was "mere moments", just a statement from onlookers that the time between the child in question being seen in the exhibit before the child made contact with the gorilla was short. Considering how many visitors zoos get per year don't you think that something like this would have happened previously if the exhibit wasn't well-contained?
    If the exhibit was well-contained I would think that "not accessible by a three year old" would be on that check-list. I don't see how the absence of prior accidents makes the claim that the exhibit was well-contained though.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    Then you're an idiot who has doomed huge swaths of the planet's population.
    Nah. We'd be aight.

I'm not missing any context. You claimed 1 human > infinite animals. This is not true. I gave you an example to demonstrate to you why this is not true.
    My statement was made in the context of the aforementioned scenario. Your unrelated scenario is irrelevant.

Then don't make stupid statements that are not based on logic. You can back-peddle all you want, but you made that statement and I pointed out how stupid it was.
    Not based on logic? Pot/kettle much? I would never sacrifice the life of a fellow human, especially a child, to save a fucking animal. That is logic.

Or maybe just don't have sex; you know: the natural method of producing offspring. But that is too radical! Just kill your children instead.
    I hope you don't masturbate, then. Or do you hold a funeral for all of your lost sperm afterwards?

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Yes. They were hoping he would father more gorillas.

That's cute considering humans are the most dangerous animals on the earth. I'm pretty sure we have to be one of the only species that kills each other for fun, and kills other animals for fun. At least when other animals kill each other it's because they're protecting their territory, their young, or are hungry. Also, like I said if someone wants to get in bad enough they will find a way no matter how secure the facility is.
    Oh okay, there's been quite a few events that have unfolded between gorillas and human children.

And generally females are more likely be non-agressive and motherly.

I would show more videos of gorillas with human kids but I'm too fucking lazy to do that on a mobile device.

If the exhibit was well-contained I would think that "not accessible by a three year old" would be on that check-list. I don't see how the absence of prior accidents makes the claim that the exhibit was well-contained though.
    Maybe. Really its speculation on both of our parts, but I really suspect that, unless there was some damaged fencing or something similar, that the child in question was probably unattended for longer than a few seconds.

So basically, instead of killing gorillas, kill your children instead. Because apparently if there is ever any accident that ever occurs where a parent wasn't the image of perfection in parenting, suddenly limiting childbirths akin to china is being considered.
    More like when someone takes failing at parenting to new levels (which it is, considering that multiple sources state the kid informed the parents about his retarded idea and they did fuck all to prevent it). And they do so because of having too many other kids to take care of. But who'd care about such details, straw is more interesting.

You kinda should have expected that when you mentioned abortion to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man that makes me sad. That gorilla was born in my towns zoo

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    You kinda should have expected that when you mentioned abortion to them.
    I mentioned birth control, lol. I guess for some people, it is one and the same...hopefully not many people, though.

I mentioned birth control, lol. I guess for some people, it is one and the same...hopefully not many people, though.
    Oh, right, you did. Their reaction made me think you were talking about abortion. Both because I've seen them make such arguments about it in the past, and because then it makes some semblance of logic. But birth control... I don't even.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Birth control can fail and we still have idiot legislators trying to contradict Roe v. Wade.

Regardless, babymaking has an inverse relationship with education. The better educated a person is, the less likely they are to have kids. The stupid people are the ones popping babies out left and right and they're not going to be educated properly on things like contraception, not having kids you can't afford, etc. They're also likely to buy into the stupid side of religion, which means blindly following dogma.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Birth control can fail and we still have idiot legislators trying to contradict Roe v. Wade.

Regardless, babymaking has an inverse relationship with education. The better educated a person is, the less likely they are to have kids. The stupid people are the ones popping babies out left and right and they're not going to be educated properly on things like contraception, not having kids you can't afford, etc. They're also likely to buy into the stupid side of religion, which means blindly following dogma.
    Indeed. Hey you! Good to see you on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Oh man that makes me sad. That gorilla was born in my towns zoo
    As did many humans which > everything else on the planet

Woman shouts: Mommy loves you!

Mother of fucking god, the most retarded shit I have read today. fucking idiot watch your kid. poor gorilla. I would let the nature do its thing. Give me some good science technology article now please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed. Hey you! Good to see you on the forums.
    How goes? Get any good hiking in?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not an absurd argument when what I am actually quoting is saying "1 human > ∞ animals."

Learn how to fucking read.
    It's absurd cause you took a vital creature to our survival, the Bee, and compared it to a Gorilla. The Gorilla serves no purpose, other than to stay in Zoo's. For all you know, that kid will grow up to cure cancer or discover Dark Matter. But won't know that because endangered Gorilla, who's species will likely die out without the help of humans anyway. Though it's likely we're the cause for their lack of species.

Unless the Gorilla gets human intelligence, it isn't a priority to keep it alive. Humans are responsible for many species for going extinct. And many other humans are responsible for the decline in that Gorilla's species. Why punish a boy for others mistakes? Too quick for blood and too quick to judge. A boy was saved, and we should be glad.

Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    I have no sympathy for people who make stupid decisions that ends up getting themselves or someone else hurt. Which is what happened here. A stupid kid got into an exhibit and got an animal killed who's entire species is at risk. There are 7 billion of us and a few of those Gorillas left.

It would be like someone breaking into your house and the police forcing you to put down your dog because your dog attacked the intruder.
    Remind me when you get cancer because you smoke or eat cooked meat. Then we'll talk about stupid decisions that end up getting themselves hurt. One's demise is always one's own making.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    How goes? Get any good hiking in?
    Not lately, need to get out of town soon. My runs have basically been to Sellwood (SE Pdx) and back.

Right now I'm eating steamed broccoli and cauliflower and working on a paper. My life is boring, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    It's absurd cause you took a vital creature to our survival, the Bee, and compared it to a Gorilla. The Gorilla serves no purpose, other than to stay in Zoo's. For all you know, that kid will grow up to cure cancer or discover Dark Matter. But won't know that because endangered Gorilla, who's species will likely die out without the help of humans anyway. Though it's likely we're the cause for their lack of species.

Unless the Gorilla gets human intelligence, it isn't a priority to keep it alive. Humans are responsible for many species for going extinct. And many other humans are responsible for the decline in that Gorilla's species. Why punish a boy for others mistakes? Too quick for blood and too quick to judge. A boy was saved, and we should be glad.

Remind me when you get cancer because you smoke or eat cooked meat. Then we'll talk about stupid decisions that end up getting themselves hurt. One's demise is always one's own making.
    I keep telling everybody, we wouldn't need to discuss things such as this if we experimented with uplifting...