Poll: What should be done with heirlooms?

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    The irony. 23.5k posts and you expect us to believe you're not employed by Blizzard in some capacity?... yeah.
    Hey, if Blizzard is hiring based on MMOC post count, sign me up!

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    They shouldn't. If you want leveling to be slower, don't wear them. The end.
    Too easy an answer its much better for us to tell the devs to waste dev time by making things very complicated to solve a problem that only a few people seem to have but could be easily fixed by them by not wearing them!

Heirlooms are fine. They were designed for collectors and people that want to level faster and have good gear. Leveling is a part of the game (the lore), while being max lvl is when the game really starts (imo). If you want to level up on your own, going ironman, etc. Just dont use it. Heirlooms are meant to power up your character (scaling gear for Rare Quality (blue) of your level) so you can join your friend with your new alt asap. I dont mind challenges as I level up, thats why I made ironman characters. To feel the vanilla experience again. But the game is old now, most people lvled up a few characters to max level (or a tons), so doing it again and again gets boring overtime.

The only downsides are when you do dungeons. Your self worthy made character does 10% of the damage the full heirloom party members do. Well.. thats your choice. If your goal is to make a dungeon run a journey, try to solo them, or pick up a friend and do it 2 man (The Wailing caverns with my disc priest and a feral druide, easy as pie. I was doing most of the damage too).

And for PvP dont even bother if you're not full heirloom, you'll get raped.

And now in WoD you can get Xp potions for a 100% boost for 1h or 300% for 15min, while in full heirloom you get like 50%bonus ? So theres other stuff that are way more powerful for XP. With this I can chain quest Hellfire Peninsula and go out lvl 64, almost 65 straight to nagrand in less then 1 hour (being not able to fly from lvl58-60).

My heirlooms are all fully enchanted/legpatched/shoulderglyphed/staminabonuspatched for all spec/class, it just makes you a monster. I LOVE IT.

they should just expand the zone scaling they are using in Legion to the entire game. Have it be based on xpac so 1-60, 60-70, 70-80, 80-85, 85-90, 90-100 each have their own scaling so there is a limited to how much you can "overgear" the current part of the game you are in.

Make heirlooms only increase experience gains (plus slightly better stats than the rest so they're viable). Maybe even increase the experience boost so people won't bitch about it (much).

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Exactly, no one force you to use them.
    I'm not forced to use them, but I'm forced to do dungeons and battlegrounds with people using them, unless I wait 'till max level.

i dont care, all my class are all 100

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    leave them as they are. Looms are optional.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    They shouldn't. If you want leveling to be slower, don't wear them. The end.
    /Votes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    This is one of the dumber things I've seen to come out of the lying, asinine maw of Blizzard in a while.

They've created 'looms and sped up leveling, because they purposely tuned the game for end game content. Now that they don't want to put the time/money into creating enough content to do, they're bitching about 'looms; and they've made buying boosts available but they're contradicting themselves and saying "leveling is broken".

Jesus christ. Do they think anyone can take what they say seriously anymore and not as desperate PR spin?

The problem is that Blizz is running out of ideas and ways to milk people longer for more sub time at the least cost to Blizz, for ever greater profit margins, because that's what they're always doing with the game.
    let me resume:blizzard: oh no, heirloom let them xp too quickly so they will never buy boost character ! let nerf that ! we n-e-e-d their money !

blizzard are so greedy nowaday..

=D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Then what about if I want to do a dungeon or battleground? Is everyone going to do the same?
    Come Legion, the BG issue will be a moot point with gear scaling. And if you're doing a leveling dungeon, who cares if you don't have looms equipped? You'll do shit for damage, but so what? You want a slower leveling experience anyway. Congrats, you have achieved it.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

The whole point of heirlooms is for veteran players to not have to spend a long time leveling, thus there is no issue. If someone doesn't want to level fast, simply don't use them. Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well guys, I wish you would just read with an open mind the first two pages. There is already like 40 different opinions ranging from "remove them" to "keep them as they are" to "If only some part like the xp bonus was removed". Then there are people who hate levelling per se...others find it boring but don't tell us what could make it interesting.

Man, I am so glad to not be a game designer who also might be expected by his supervisors to read forum feedback.

Feedback like this I mean. Part is boring because whatever "moba style numbers" are. Part is boring because it is slow. Part is boring because it is fast. Part is great, but you still don't level there because you are on your favourite quest. Followed by the best advice ever: "Make leveling interesting"

That is as helpful as "Peace in the middle east is easy, just make Israelis and Palestinians like each other" ^^
    Moba Style -Got 5-4 skills to use.

Part that is boring -The zone is not interesting storywise,the exp gain its slow.

I stop leveling on that one characters on my favorite quest because its interesting,its make me stop to apreciate it.The story its good,the place,the music.I WANNA go there,diferent of i MUST go there.

Why use loom?To avoid the same boring quests go to the parts where the game is more fun.Cata to WoD may be slow but the story is good so i barely notice.Some people don't care about the story so why don't add that zones on Draenor that you do X amount of things and got a bunch of exp?

Reduce the Exp bonus from heirloom wont make it better,just slower.

Its that good or i need to explain in words how i felt when i click the button and waited for my hunter to shoot that cat in teldrassil?

10+ Year Old Account
    Heirlooms shouldn't change at all. They're supposed to trivialize old content. You put in the time to get the heirlooms,and that's the trade off.

Best way to tune them is by removing some so you don't level faster than you want to. For me i'd prefer another 1000% xp or so

Here's a thought: you don't like them, you don't use them. The fuck is wrong with you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Here's a thought: you don't like them, you don't use them. The fuck is wrong with you?

Because then the derps who only just watch the DPS meters won't be topping them if they don't equip 'looms. That would hurt their fragile egos.

7+ Year Old Account
    LEave the heirlooms alone i grinded honor and justice points so i could have them so no nerfs.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Deleted
    I hope we will get the heirlooms for the missing slots and more XP-bonus. Its so boring to grind new toons.

They need to leave heirlooms alone and put in a toggle on the character pane to let the 5 people who want to slow things down turn off XP since apparently not wearing heirloom isn't enough.

I really wish they'd just go ahead and make pristine pain in the ass no flying servers so the people who relish the exciting gameplay of questing on the ground can go there and stop giving the devs cover to try to turn back the clock to 2004.

15+ Year Old Account
    The problem with Heirlooms is the fact that the EXP bonus & Rare-quality Level Scaling are on the same Item.
    However, changing Heirlooms isn't something you do with mere number tweaks.

1 - EXP bonus should stay just as big as it is now, because Heirlooms are for players who already reached max level. I see no problem whatsoever here.
    2 - Heirlooms shouldn't make all leveling gear obsolete - not only are they rare-quality, but they are enchantable, and enchants also scale.
    In order to EVER nerf Heirlooms, such as changing their Stats from Rare to Green-quality, you'd need to separate EXP bonus from Heirlooms, making EXP bonus permanent (and toggleable) in the Heirloom tab.
    With this you'd:
    - Buy Heirloom
    - You "unlock" the EXP bonus from that Heirloom "Slot" as a Toggle in Heirloom Tab
    - You "unlock" the Heirloom itself, which would scale with level but provide Green-quality Stats
    - When you get a Rare drop it's better than your Heirloom, and you can equip it while keeping the EXP bonus.
    - If you get unlucky with dungeon drops, the Heirloom will eventually outscale your last Rare.

This would turn the Heirloom "item" into a "bottom floor" that ensures your gear never falls too far behind while leveling, while still allowing rare and epic drops to be relevant, without losing the EXP bonus.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2016-05-30 at 03:32 AM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Deleted
    If they "speed up" leveling to much for you, just don't wear them my god. You might enjoy leveling for the 10th time but i guarantee a lot of people don't.