Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    The Naaru let itself to be used that way to grant a chance to these desperate fuckers to redeem themselves, not because it thought they were doing great.
    That still doesn't mean they need redemption, do the forsaken need redemption for slaughtering innocents? Despite the loss of their light connection,being their own fault, doesn't mean you should just sit back and not think of possibilities to harness it regardless, it is a too powerful tool to ignore.

What they did to the Naaru was vile end of story, they sullied their hands with its blood. But still no reason for a redemption story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    That still doesn't mean they need redemption, do the forsaken need redemption for slaughtering innocents? Despite the loss of their light connection,being their own fault, doesn't mean you should just sit back and not think of possibilities to harness it regardless, it is a too powerful tool to ignore.

What they did to the Naaru was vile end of story, they sullied their hands with its blood. But still no reason for a redemption story.
    Sitting back achieves nothing, which is why the Horde as a whole accepted the Blood Knights' methods despite all that such methods represented. Doesn't change the fact that all the Blood Elves who did that were also guided by hatred and vengeance towards the very thing they were intended to worship. They're not messed up undead, they are Light-wielders who used such power based on their own beliefs and faith.

"I have no choice" is quite irrelevant when the lack of choice comes from your own fault and your own sense of self-entitlement, even self-righteousness of what supposedly wronged your people. They screwed up and were granted a way to return to be the Light-wielders they were intended to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Sitting back achieves nothing, which is why the Horde as a whole accepted the Blood Knights' methods despite all that such methods represented. Doesn't change the fact that all the Blood Elves who did that were also guided by hatred and vengeance towards the very thing they were intended to worship. They're not messed up undead, they are Light-wielders who used such power based on their own beliefs and faith.

"I have no choice" is quite irrelevant when the lack of choice comes from your own fault and your own sense of self-entitlement, even self-righteousness of what supposedly wronged your people. They screwed up and were granted a way to return to be the Light-wielders they were intended to be.
    Oh they had a choice and they chose the rotten road, doesn't mean there needs to be redemption though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Oh they had a choice and they chose the rotten road, doesn't mean there needs to be redemption though.
    Well, they needed it because that's not how Paladins are supposed to use the Light. Their alterantive method, born from their own short-comings, was going to fail them sooner or later. Well, it actually did, since consume a Naaru of all its Light brings the birth of its Void counterpart. They were even going to hunt Naaru down to keep using the Light OR get a redemption story, overcoming said short-comings to embrace their roots once again.

I think the second option was a bit more feasible, even though not as interesting.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Well, they needed it because that's not how Paladins are supposed to use the Light. Their alterantive method, born from their own short-comings, was going to fail them sooner or later. Well, it actually did, since consume a Naaru of all its Light brings the birth of its Void counterpart. They were even going to hunt Naaru down to keep using the Light OR get a redemption story, overcoming said short-comings to embrace their roots once again.

I think the second option was a bit more feasible, even though not as interesting.
    Would have been better if they figured out how the light ticks through their experiments, being able to use it properly but not embracing it, like they have done now. But this is too late anyway, since it already happened cringeworthy as it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would have been better if they figured out how the light ticks through their experiments, being able to use it properly but not embracing it, like they have done now. But this is too late anyway, since it already happened cringeworthy as it was.
    Heh, maybe. I was never a fan of Blood Knights to begin with. When I think at villainous, rotten Light-wielders I look at the Scarlet Crusade. They followed the basic concept of the Light (faith, morals, self-righteousness) but just pushed them to an insane extreme. I think this concept maintain the whole theme of how the Light works while justifying abominable acts.

When it comes to Blood Knights, it's all about cheapen the Light to just another power source to suck, much like the Fel or the Arcane. It's not a concept that caught my interest to begin with.

When it comes to Blood Knights, it's all about cheapen the Light to just another power source to suck, much like the Fel or the Arcane. It's not a concept that caught my interest to begin with.
    I like the concept of trying to figure out how to transform some sort of magic source into tools for convenience, it is preferable to groveling in front of a deity and the like. A simple reliable power source, after all it could be used similar to arcane powering a civilization, without the drawback of addiction etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the concept of trying to figure out how to transform some sort of magic source into tools for convenience, it is preferable to groveling in front of a deity and the like. A simple reliable power source, after all it could be used similar to arcane powering a civilization, without the drawback of addiction etc.
    That was likely the problem, it was way too convenient. The Light has literally no drawbacks if you even eliminate the necessity to build a precise mindset to wield it. From a storytelling perspective, Blood Knights haven't probably deemed "worthy" to be rewarded with such an easy and convenient tool.

The current Sunwell seems to kinda achieve that in the end, being a mix of Arcane and Light.

redemption already happened

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    redemption already happened
    exactly, the blood elvs had a dark period, what they did was cruel, reckless and insane, that is plain, but they got redeemed from it.. the story in TBC really highlights it in the Scryers too, which is the turning point for the race.. they've been on a dark path. I'm not sure the horde new all teh details of what was going on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Auric is officially the high elf representative in Quel'Thalas
    http://legion.wowhead.com/npc=37765/...uric-sunchaser
    in queldanas there is a great number of high elves
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e9LTjYiRJw
    all children of silvermoon must be united by high elf representative auric sunchaser

Lady Liadrin is a good example of light elf

in hearthstone she has golden eyes

a blood elf previous broken shore horde side

today all that blood elves do is talk about light

blood elf and draenei alliance

man all these blood elves do nothing but talk about the light, must mean all blood elves are light elves now

"meanwhile is only talking to and using paladins as examples..."

but for this topic overall... no high elves are not needed, high elves are in the alliance as a small faction, they are in the horde as a playable race called blood elves... but have green eyes from consuming fell magic.... seeing them on alliance with their blue eyes might be possible (although stupid) no way are they going to go "LOOK HIGHELVES ON HORDE" cause its just differant eye colour...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    but have green eyes from consuming fell magic....
    Actually, the vast majority of Blood Elves didn't consume a drop of Fel ever. They got green eyes because of the Fel crystals used to power Silvermoon, compensating the loss of the Sunwell. It was radiation, basically. And Blizzard confirmed that this effect is meant to disappear in due time, since they have no such crystals anymore (with the Sunwell restored).

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Actually, the vast majority of Blood Elves didn't consume a drop of Fel ever. They got green eyes because of the Fel crystals used to power Silvermoon, compensating the loss of the Sunwell. It was radiation, basically. And Blizzard confirmed that this effect is meant to disappear in due time, since they have no such crystals anymore (with the Sunwell restored).
    But instead of "thank you papa rommath-kun" some elves started crying about killing mana wryms. For shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    But instead of "thank you papa rommath-kun" some elves started crying about killing mana wryms. For shame.
    But I am High Elf! I have my dignity! Stop oppressing me you Blood Elf shitlord.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    But I am High Elf! I have my dignity! Stop oppressing me you Blood Elf shitlord.
    As they cower behind the Kirin'Tor.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    As they cower behind the Kirin'Tor.
    Well they are gone in legion aren't they ? So thats one less problem to bother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Well they are gone in legion aren't they ? So thats one less problem to bother.
    Oks oks...

As they cower behind Jaina...

Fixed it, happy?

You must remember that not all the high elves were mistreated by the remnants of Lordaeron's forces under the command of Garithos and that not all the Alliance members mistreated elves. These were a very select few elves lead by Kael'thas Sunstrider who happened to be have no obedience from much of his own people aswell.

The Alliance always had elves incorporated into their societies and interwined with their stories. I'll just go on and name Alleria Windrunner, Vereesa Windrunner, Daelin Proudmoore(who has/might have a half-elven daughter) and much more.

I would have been totally cool with them reengineering the Blood Elf creation experience as faction neutral with an arc you choose factions in like Pandaren. That's not to say it's not only a miniscule portion of Thalassian elves who defected and became "high elves" as a virtue signal, it is. But Player Character isn't a "population", we're all just sort of suspended disbelief around each other, we're not all "there" in lore reality, so how many 'high elves' or Sin'dorei there are or how many Darkspear or Humans, isn't that important.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    You must remember that not all the high elves were mistreated by the remnants of Lordaeron's forces under the command of Garithos and that not all the Alliance members mistreated elves. These were a very select few elves lead by Kael'thas Sunstrider who happened to be have no obedience from much of his own people aswell.

The Alliance always had elves incorporated into their societies and interwined with their stories. I'll just go on and name Alleria Windrunner, Vereesa Windrunner, Daelin Proudmoore(who has/might have a half-elven daughter) and much more.
    this is no canon