Poll: Chips?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Also, as mentioned a couple of times, don't look at this as the government having a huge database. Look at it as potentially everyone getting their hands on that huge database of purchases, locations you visit, routes you take and various other habits.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I see you have little faith...Have they done something similar to you before?
    i see you've never enlisted in the US military. If uncle sam can get it from you... he does.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't need to mutilate our bodies when there are much more normal solutions such as storing data on clouds like we already do. The only reason something should be inserted in our body should be to improve our health, not to do so because you are too clumsy to hang on to either a phone or wallet.

That's pure stupidity

PRO!

I love the idea of having one object that I can swipe/scan and be done with physical money, ID cards, documents, house keys, etc. Hate carrying all that crap around town or stowing it in a filing cabinet at home.

A few years ago I saw this television show where some guys were developing a wearable ring that could do lots of things electronically. The guy demonstrated opening a car door on touch, paying at register by floating his had above a reader and exchanging business cards on handshake with another wearing the same device. Wherever those guys are at and whatever they working on- they need to hurry up.

I am all about the digital age- bio-chips, augmented reality, VR, self driving cars, robots. Let's do this, humanity!

what if they set off an EMP and no one can buy food because they have no way of paying for it and we all starve?

Mark of the beast, no thank you.

The more digital you make your currency, the more points of failure there are for people to steal your money. People always think about how great technology is when it works. They never think about how bad shit is when it fails.

There's a reason we still use hard copy paper when we need to actually track records.

Deleted
    Id never let anything implanted in my body unless Id actually need it to live. Also, as many have pointed out, it would be a huge privacy issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    PRO!

I love the idea of having one object that I can swipe/scan and be done with physical money, ID cards, documents, house keys, etc. Hate carrying all that crap around town or stowing it in a filing cabinet at home.

A few years ago I saw this television show where some guys were developing a wearable ring that could do lots of things electronically. The guy demonstrated opening a car door on touch, paying at register by floating his had above a reader and exchanging business cards on handshake with another wearing the same device. Wherever those guys are at and whatever they working on- they need to hurry up.

I am all about the digital age- bio-chips, augmented reality, VR, self driving cars, robots. Let's do this, humanity!
    Biggest issue there is the single point of failure. Lose the appendage or it malfunctions for whatever reason and you lose too much.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    what if they set off an EMP and no one can buy food because they have no way of paying for it and we all starve?
    Survival of the fittest.

This forum is slowly going extreme tinfoil hat. No wondor USA is in the state it is, size or not, with the people thinking like that....

But maybe it is just, perhaps your gourvement is just so bad you need a tinfoil hat?

On-topic: YAY, hate having cash. My wallet is my mobile cover that keeps my cards. Dankort and sygesikring ftw.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like surgeries, as well as being tracked. So Nea my good sir. That's just a recipe for disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Biggest issue there is the single point of failure. Lose the appendage or it malfunctions for whatever reason and you lose too much.
    Could implant the chip somewhere else if an arm was eliminated or something. Data can be backed up.

This doesn't seem like an unsolvable issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    All I know there is a rather good chance a certain large group of people would go up in arms over this due to beliefs.
    If the US govt ever tried to do this it would be removed from power quickly.

Yeah fuck this idea. No way in hell. Id fight to my dying breath against the attempt to implement this.

Ok without even going into the Religious aspect. Lets examine this

1. The govt could track you everywhere.
    2. The govt could know every detail of your life with the push of a button.
    3. The govt could suppress dissent by turning off you ability to feed yourself, pay your bills, collect pay etc etc.

Then theres the whole religious aspect which becomes way more creepy when viewed this way.

The Mark of the Beast

16And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: 17And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    No, Hell no, and I'm want to overthrow any government that would seriously push to micro-chip its subjects.

“The greatest tyrannies are always perpetrated in the name of the noblest causes.” Thomas Paine

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations."-James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    You must be fishing for a reaction because no adult can be that unknowledgeable.
    I noticed that as well. Was kinda funny watching his responses. So many folks taking him seriously for the first few dozen posts he had to really amp it up to try to get folks outraged.

People might joke about this shit but countries are trying to get rid of paper cash. Yeah even the US. Look up Larry Summers Times Oped

Sweden and or Denmark is also.

There are people who would wage war to stop this and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    People might joke about this shit but countries are trying to get rid of paper cash. Yeah even the US. Look up Larry Summers Times Oped
    I'm fine with getting rid of paper currency. It's just a medium. The piece of paper is worthless other than what it represents. Digital currency can represent the same thing.

The thing I figure most folks are against is the whole implanting deal.

*I figure there will still be a fringe element who distrusts the banks to the point where they will try to liquidate into precious gems & metals. Even then, they'll still need to convert to digital currency in order to buy stuff.
    Last edited by Ragedaug; 2016-05-30 at 06:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No thank you, technology is not fail-proof, paper is (or dang close to it).

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    I'm fine with getting rid of paper currency. It's just a medium. The piece of paper is worthless other than what it represents. Digital currency can represent the same thing.

The thing I figure most folks are against is the whole implanting deal.

*I figure there will still be a fringe element who distrusts the banks to the point where they will try to liquidate into precious gems & metals. Even then, they'll still need to convert to digital currency in order to buy stuff.

Even without the implant, fuck the lack of physical currency idea too. I already pointed out why its a fucking horrible idea. You literally put everything into the hands of the govt. Control of every aspect of your life. Fuck that noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Could implant the chip somewhere else if an arm was eliminated or something. Data can be backed up.

This doesn't seem like an unsolvable issue.
    Ultimately, it's never a good idea to put all of you important finances, information, etc. in one card or chip. Should it ever fail, for whatever reason, you end up SOL. I'm for the idea of ridding paper and coins, just not ID's and house keys.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.