Quote Originally Posted by Ulthane View Post
    Reasons i dont feel bad suggesting op stuff
    I think 8 years of Rets sucking in rated pvp, this alone should give us a free pass of being STUPID, MENTAL Op for entire season =).

Btw: there is a video on utube (cant find it, i tried) where swifty littarely rolling his face on keyboard, while raping the feth of out Unholy Dk in a duel as a Prot pally, and we all know how "great" (being sarcastic) swifty @ pvp.

Sometimes, i think Devs confused Prot with Ret and gave Prot all the Toys that were meant for Ret's pvp XD

P.S. @Ulthane did u try Prot palla PvP or Duels?
    Last edited by Snegovik; 2016-05-30 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    I think 8 years of Rets sucking in rated pvp, this alone should give us a free pass of being STUPID, MENTAL Op for entire season =).

Btw: there is a video on utube (cant find it, i tried) where swifty littarely rolling his face on keyboard, while raping the feth of out Unholy Dk in a duel as a Prot pally, and we all know how "great" (being sarcastic) swifty @ pvp.

Sometimes, i think Devs confused Prot with Ret and gave Prot all the Toys that were meant for Ret's pvp XD

Not yet. Been trying other classes and specs. But knowing how stubborn i am im staying ret. I didnt play this class since vanilla, finally get ashbringer to be a pleb.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Solsacra if you haven't at some point, when you get the numbers its probably going to be a good idea to plug the math in the feedback forum as well.

Not yet. Been trying other classes and specs. But knowing how stubborn i am im staying ret. I didnt play this class since vanilla, finally get ashbringer to be a pleb.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Solsacra if you haven't at some point, when you get the numbers its probably going to be a good idea to plug the math in the feedback forum as well.
    I get what you mean Ulthane, but at this point Prot is more of a Ret than Ret itself, cough cough retribution aura, charge, punishing ppl with high dmg: all these are DPS attributes aka Ret's

P.S. Am I the only one who does not think that ashbringer looks good? DKs' wpns (asp Blookd Dks) are way way better.

More like they gave prot a ton of tools from the D3 crusader, which is a game all about optimizing your DPS. For ret they just kind of threw their hands up in the air.

I get what you mean Ulthane, but at this point Prot is more of a Ret than Ret itself, cough cough retribution aura, charge, punishing ppl with high dmg: all these are DPS attributes aka Ret's

P.S. Am I the only one who does not think that ashbringer looks good? DKs' wpns (asp Blookd Dks) are way way better.
    Which is bs : / real talk, 32 pages of feedback. On the beta lol

Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    More like they gave prot a ton of tools from the D3 crusader, which is a game all about optimizing your DPS. For ret they just kind of threw their hands up in the air.
    Might as well be this (i dont have D3 so no idea XD how crusaders look there), honestly if Prot goes live as it is now in PvP, i don't mind to be honest, rotation is not that much different from Rets and it is actually good in pvp for once after past 3 xpacs.

P.S. personally i dont mind playing prot in PvP if an opposite team will crap their pants when they see Prot Pally on the other team, instead of just smiling expecting a free win as it is on live when they see Ret.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is bs : / real talk, 32 pages of feedback. On the beta lol
    Now a cheery on top of the ice cream: how many posts out of those 32 pages will Blizzard implement constructively in future Ret's turning?
    Last edited by Snegovik; 2016-05-30 at 03:10 AM.

Grim Furystone Gorget - "Increases run speed by 20% when below 35% health."

Look, I don't wanna be that guy, but when you see an item like this, remember that Equality still exists, and acknowledge we have mobility problems, you can't help but think maybe, probably, the devs are trolling us

7+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/SwiftyiRL/status/736077764353130497

It's just you.

I mean, the Ashbringer is an absurdly oversized falchion, but it's still rather more realistic than most of the weapons they've come up with TBH. The simple design and colour scheme is actually a bonus, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post

It's just you.

I mean, the Ashbringer is an absurdly oversized falchion, but it's still rather more realistic than most of the weapons they've come up with TBH. The simple design and colour scheme is actually a bonus, IMHO.
    thx for the video =).

On the ashbringer, i guess we have to agree to disagree. Ashbringer looks too nice and sweet, like some1 wielding it will more likely to give u a hug and a candy, rather than reaping ur heart out and feeding it back to you, while chopping off ur head as a punishment for the sins u committed.

On the ashbringer, i guess we have to agree to disagree. Ashbringer looks too nice and sweet, like some1 wielding it will more likely to give u a hug and a candy, rather than reaping ur heart out and feeding it back to you, while chopping off ur head as a punishment for the sins u committed.
    Uh, you sure about that? Have you seen the purified version in game? It's pretty damn giant for a sword, looks bad ass too. It fits the whole righteous but "pay for your sins" theme.

What about the corrupted version with the skulls? I guess that has nothing to do with reaping your heart out and feeding it back to you (which by the way is something paladins don't do...) even though it definitely looks like it was made for that exact purpose. The PvP version also fits this description.

There are plenty of versions that the ashbringer has that make it look both righteous and "I'll reap your soul with this weapon". No idea what you're talking about.

Also "reaping ur heart out and feeding it back to you" is like a DK thing. You sure you main a paladin? That's never what we've been about.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Uh, you sure about that? Have you seen the purified version in game? It's pretty damn giant for a sword, looks bad ass too. It fits the whole righteous but "pay for your sins" theme.

What about the corrupted version with the skulls? I guess that has nothing to do with reaping your heart out and feeding it back to you (which by the way is something paladins don't do...) even though it definitely looks like it was made for that exact purpose. The PvP version also fits this description.

There are plenty of versions that the ashbringer has that make it look both righteous and "I'll reap your soul with this weapon". No idea what you're talking about.

Also "reaping ur heart out and feeding it back to you" is like a DK thing. You sure you main a paladin? That's never what we've been about.
    Corrupted is the only version that looks some what bad ass but its design is kinda poor, my favorite hands down are Blood Dk's axes, or semi-circle sword for UH-Dks, those look bad ass.

Well maybe we play a different type of Paladins =) i believe justice best served bloody and hot from the fires of hell where i send the wicked souls.

P.S. for the longest time my Ret was rocking Dreadnought tier as my xmog, so i do like dark DK-like armors.

Corrupted is the only version that looks some what bad ass but its design is kinda poor, my favorite hands down are Blood Dk's axes, or semi-circle sword for UH-Dks, those look bad ass.

Well maybe we play a different type of Paladins =) i believe justice best served bloody and hot from the fires of hell where i send the wicked souls.

P.S. for the longest time my Ret was rocking Dreadnought tier as my xmog, so i do like dark DK-like armors.
    The semi circle swords are called Sickles, for future reference .

As for the rest, I personally use skulls on my sets sometimes. I have the green recolor of the wrath set that warriors get in order to match that corrupted ashbringer skin and I also will be mogging it with Ko'raghs 2h mace (green version, have it already). Either way, I usually go through a bunch of sets. Challenge mode set is the one I use the most next to the dark corrupt paladin (WoD pvp season 1 set for pallies), etc.

I think there's a type of Ashbringer that's designed for each of these. Corrupt paladin=PvP skin. Dark reap your soul..kinda paladin=corrupted ashbringer. Righteous crusader= Purified ashbringer. Not sure what category I'd put the lightning ashbringer under. Flame ashbringer= I'll burn you for your sins and bury you in the ground kinda paladin.

Either way, the 3Dish skull on the ashbringer is just plain awesome. I personally prefer the corrupted ashbringer over any of the Dks weapons (except for the frost DK hidden artifact, those are fucking awesome) and the DKs do as well. So many dks on here and the official forums are asking for our corrupted ashbringer skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    -snip-
    The Silver elite pvp set for Pallies, does not have a clear winner among new ashbringers, maybe blue color of greatsword hm? but it still has blue in it, while the pvp elite set is pure silver.

P.S. i will be most likely use corrupted ashbringer either red (s11 elite set) or purple (for dreadnought)

Edit: Who did ban Storm? Now that he is not here to bring us interesting topics, we are forced to talk about ashbringer, just as Blizzard intended to take our concern away from Ret's balancing lol.

Did some more testing this weekend. Prot is just so amazing. Not only does it hit pretty damn hard, but the talents are just incredible. So much mobility and control: it's literally like they took all the suggestions for Ret over the years and dumped them on Prot (no holy power, Consecration healing and snare/snare removal, charge on attack, short CD horse, defensive CDs, support blessings such as Spellwarding, taunt makes enemy take more damage...) Not only that but every 5 min you get to turn into the god damn Guardian of Ancient Kings.

Ret on the other hand is...less interesting. I did decide to play a build with Zeal/Blade of Virtue at level 110 to see how it plays and after a little while I guess it's...tolerable? But it's not super intuitive. With around 20% haste I can see the play as being "acceptable" in raids, but it definitely leaves some things to be desired. Honestly if they do nothing else I hope they extend the duration of Judgment to like 8 seconds or something so you have a greater chance to get the 3rd Templar's Verdict in (you can squeeze it in sometimes if you're lucky, but not often).

The overall lack of cool utility and all around awesomeness is the big problem, I think. I'm starting to see how Wake of Ashes is really the clutch "fill in" for our rotation. However, I also find that Execution Sentence is not as good numerically as you might think because it's very hard to actually use it on CD due to Holy Power constraints and Judgment window. Sometimes Judgment has to get stalled a little as a result of Execution Sentence as well, though I'm unsure how higher haste levels will effect that (faster tick time).

For PvP though it's definitely looking like Prot all the way. Consecration's new animation fits MUCH better with a one handed sword, and riding on the horsie looks "right" with a sword and shield too.

@ruiizu Disregarding the overtuned damage we have right now, prot is definitely desirable in PvP. I wonder if there'll be any comps including prot right off the bat. Can any of you pvpers in here think of a comp that prot could be a part of?

As for PvE, Holy has a lot of mixed feelings. Some like the idea of standing closer to melee (we no longer have to do damage in order to heal, thank god) and some dislike it. I actually like it, it's extremely fun imo. Ret seems to be the only spec lacking in every category except damage. Unfortunate, glad I went holy though.

Again, for the pvpers, prot has everything we've been asking for in terms of ret as Ruiizu said. If you're in the beta try it out, it's really fun and it feels fantastic to have all these tools that ret needed. Prots visuals are awesome, has everything we've wanted for ret except the ashbringer but honestly that's not enough to make me wanna play ret that often. I'm only going to play it to grab the skins just in case we get to keep them past Legion (not the actual original version, but all the skins).

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post

It's just you.

Ashbringer also cuts the shit out of anything in it's way like a darksouls 1 DMB falchion too :P

(btw prots damage will be nerfed soon, their damage is rivaling most DPS for single and AOE atm, do not expect it to last. For pvp it is even worse considering some of their talents really do ramp up their damage even harder.)

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Edit: Who did ban Storm? Now that he is not here to bring us interesting topics, we are forced to talk about ashbringer, just as Blizzard intended to take our concern away from Ret's balancing lol.
    I miss him already. Now I have to wait to see Thete bitch at people pulling turtles in Eye of Azshara in another video without Storm's solid mixture of accurate assessment and sassiness. Sad times indeed.

I do really love everything they've done so far with the Ashbringer. It looks amazing and the new voice files for it sound great. They might fuck up a lot of things but that part's still awesome.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Reghame View Post
    (btw prots damage will be nerfed soon, their damage is rivaling most DPS for single and AOE atm, do not expect it to last. For pvp it is even worse considering some of their talents really do ramp up their damage even harder.)
    Should be expected by everyone. That's why in every post regarding prot I make I say "disregarding the damage". Prot still has 3x the amount of tools ret has in PvP and most of those tools people want for ret. Also, actually turning into the guardian of ancient kings is just straight up badass. Any paladin RPers are probably going to be extremely happy when they see that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    I miss him already. Now I have to wait to see Thete bitch at people pulling turtles in Eye of Azshara in another video without Storm's solid mixture of accurate assessment and sassiness. Sad times indeed.
    I had an absolute peach in Halls of Valor on my DH last night. Edited highlights incoming.

In Ret news, I'm still not happy about Judgment only working on targets in front of me.

I'm really going to miss Light's Hammer. At least, I can't find it anywhere among the talents for Legion. But we are getting some sweet stuff to make up for it. Hammer of the Righteous with no CD at level 15? Holy Shield AND Seraphim because they're on different rows now? Or, when you want to pull the whole train: http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=204077/final-stand

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"