Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is skin bleaching really such a big deal?

You'd be surprised with how many creams, soaps and what have you that contain skin bleaching compounds especially the lesser known brands. I know that there's initially outrage from people who hear about others bleaching their skin but then you'd be surprised at how prevalent skin bleaching within whites too. It's not just a minority (read: black/asian/hispanic) dilemma as the media often paints it out to be and you rarely hear about white celebrities being caught in skin bleaching scandals. Always the usual suspects such as Beyonce, Rihanna and other famous black people. Having said that without veering too much away from my original point I don't understand why skin lightening is a problem. You are guilty of it every time you use the flash light on your camera or position yourself in auspicious 'natural' lightening etc... It's not a big deal. Just get over it.

Hmm probably has something to do with years and years of saying dark is ugly leading those to bleach I mean that is where the "problem" comes from.

I was going to post a race thread. This black computer science graduate was complaining about questions they asked him in interviews like "why do all the black students sit at one table?"

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Hmm probably has something to do with years and years of saying dark is ugly leading those to bleach I mean that is where the "problem" comes from.
    Blame the media.
    I like pale/white chicks. Very dislike darker colors on females. My preference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Always the usual suspects such as Beyonce, Rihanna and other famous black people
    Maybe because Beyonce is half white, and Rhianna half Latino?
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

It is often a cultural thing. In many Asian countries, lighter skin is associated with beauty and darker skin is associated with a poor, working class background with manual labor in the sun.

liking something that i dont like?

how absurd!

Skin bleaching is actually highly racist. Its comparable to blackfaceing.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    It's funny how they're labeled as "Blacks". Why aren't they labeled "White"?
    Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Skin bleaching is actually highly racist. Its comparable to blackfaceing.
    remind me again, what race are asians trying to make fun of when they bleach their areolas a lighter color?

I like skin bleaching only done in certain parts of the body (xxx movies hint hint)

It is of my personal belief, that people can bleach themselves is they so desire because who am I to tell them otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post

lol, rihanna is Bajan (from Barbados in the Caribbean - im from the Caribbean too) She is a West Indian Negro mixed with some European as both her parents share European descent.
    She is NOT Latino as many ppl here think
    Last edited by Yattz; 2016-05-30 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    remind me again, what race are asians trying to make fun of when they bleach their areolas a lighter color?
    I'm not allowed to go into details on this forum as its against the rules to discuss race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Oh well.
    I don't think anyone labels Rhianna as black.
    She's a Latina at best. She's from the Caribbean, Barbados to be exact.
    Of course, her like Beyonce have a black parent, and that colors them accordingly a bit.
    But black is neither of em.

Oh well.
    Because they look more " black " than " white " American tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    I'm not allowed to go into details on this forum as its against the rules to discuss race.
    i totally believe you.

People bleach their skin? But why? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    People bleach their skin? But why? lol
    Most prominent person who did that....
    Michael Jackson.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Because they look more " black " than " white " American tradition.
    I remember a thread a while back where people bitched about Beyonce's hair being fake, because it's light colored and straight, instead of curly and black..
    You got some black in your blood, you better fall in line and look accordingly.. lol

I've seen people calling Vin Diesel black before.
    If anything he's like 25% at best.

Oh well.
    This ^^
    Also note that in most Caribbean countries (the ones I kno of at least) no1 refers to any1 as 'black' like Americans refer to it as a race. Its the opposite here, since white ppl are the minority they are the ones classed as 'White' when referred to.
    Eg: No1 says "Hey I know that 'Black' guy over there; but they would definitely say "Hey, I know that 'White' guy over there"
    Different huh ;p