Page 41 of 139 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    400 turns into my legendary campaign and the victory conditions is bugged, cant see them cant win

Made a thread on the support forums hoping they can help out.

Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2016-05-30 at 12:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be mad ><.

Even without mods, by turn 80 I have gold chevron armies and 150k gold. VC are much easier than dwarf, I don't understand how in the tool tip it says dwarfs starting position is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I'd be mad ><.

Even without mods, by turn 80 I have gold chevron armies and 150k gold. VC are much easier than dwarf, I don't understand how in the tool tip it says dwarfs starting position is easy.
    VC have more enemies and basically no diplomacy options.

Whilst with Dwarfs you can confederate every other Dwarf faction very quickly and have lots of trade goods to trade with other Dwarves, Border Princes and Empire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    VC have more enemies and basically no diplomacy options.

Whilst with Dwarfs you can confederate every other Dwarf faction very quickly and have lots of trade goods to trade with other Dwarves, Border Princes and Empire.
    Thing is, they have zero enemies worth worrying about at the start, just the other counts and it's incredibly easy to wipe them out and capture 2 full provinces by turn 8, there is no way dwarfs can and they are bombarded constantly by orcs as well as needing to traverse around mountains, vc can just potter between cities in an open space.

Granted I haven't played hard but on medium dwarves have it much harder from my experience. Also I can't stand their units.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2016-05-30 at 02:30 PM.

VC have a pretty easy start, managed to stay neutral with empire, bretonnia and greenskins for the most part, had to pay the greenskins alot of money to stay of my back. Only issue i had and it almost cost me the game was when Varg, Skaeling and chaos wandered down to me.

Vampire corruption saved me. Greenskins had like 40 settlements so would get rolled if they attacked me, also had to download that conquer everywhere mod half way in so the greenskins would go after the human factions and leave me alone.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2016-05-30 at 02:58 PM.

Thing is, they have zero enemies worth worrying about at the start, just the other counts and it's incredibly easy to wipe them out and capture 2 full provinces by turn 8, there is no way dwarfs can and they are bombarded constantly by orcs as well as needing to traverse around mountains, vc can just potter between cities in an open space.

Granted I haven't played hard but on medium dwarves have it much harder from my experience. Also I can't stand their units.
    Well VC are hated by everyone around them in every direction, it's inevitable that they will declare war on you and vice versa.

Dwarves only have to worry about Orcs from one direction, the south and they have lots of narrow passages to ambush and encamp them from so managing them is a lot easier. Plus you can just go under the mountains. :P. Not to mention the other Dwarf clans take some focus of the Orcs away from you.

In comparison Vampires have no beneficial terrain as it's all open and your attacked / hostile from all sides bar the east.

Earlier Dwarf units are a lot stronger too with exception of the one Vargulf Mannfred gets.

with exception of the one Vargulf Mannfred gets.
    And that Vargulf is fucking amazing, everyone I have watched (and myself included) had that one heroic victory with Manfred and Mr. Cuddles remaining. After that battle, I made him official member of Von Carstein family and gave him two bodyguard units of Crypt Horrors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that Varghulf is superior to the dwarf starting units, that thing is an absolute beast. I'm not saying dwarf have it hard, but no way do they have it 'easy' compared to vc being normal.
    I'd like to see a guide on dwarves and see what I did wrong because I found it a lot harder than the 'easy' label suggested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that Varghulf is superior to the dwarf starting units, that thing is an absolute beast. I'm not saying dwarf have it hard, but no way do they have it 'easy' compared to vc being normal.
    I'd like to see a guide on dwarves and see what I did wrong because I found it a lot harder than the 'easy' label suggested.
    Did you play defensively (in battles)?

Dwarfs are EXTREMELY defensive. I am at like turn 150 in my campaign and I have NEVER gone on the offensive (in a battle) short of sieges and a single time when I had to fight two full stack chaos armies at once one time.

You form a defense and then you let your extremely superior ranged units lay into them from behind the line... Quarrelers... So stronk. They are armored AND shielded, so other ranged units can't do shit to them. And the Dwarfs infantry (like Ironbreakers) are so defensively strong...

All of my Dwarf armies consist of something like this:
    Lord
    Master Engineer
    3-4 Ironbreakers
    3-4 Hammerers
    2 Slayers
    6-8 Quarrelers
    2 Artillery if only 6 Quarrelers

I make a defensive line with the Ironbreakers, I put the Hammerers on the wings, either to protect from cavalry flanks or to try and flank themselves, slayers just chill unless shit gets desperate or they have large units... And then the whole army just defends while the superior godlike beings that are quarrelers kill everyone everywhere. With all the research buffs, master engineer buffs, Thorgrim buffs, etc... They have like 160 range, 40 ammo, 50 damage a shot... A single volley from five or more of them can literally just entirely wipe out anything but an elite/shielded unit (those take two volleys :P).

And that one time I actually had to "attack" I kind of did the same thing I just re-positioned my entire army so that it would immediately intercept the reinforcing Chaos army and then turned around and fought the other one.

The only thing that really ever hurt me was enemy artillery... Like Hellcannons, fuck those things...
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2016-05-30 at 04:39 PM.

Well VC are hated by everyone around them in every direction, it's inevitable that they will declare war on you and vice versa.

Dwarves only have to worry about Orcs from one direction, the south and they have lots of narrow passages to ambush and encamp them from so managing them is a lot easier. Plus you can just go under the mountains. :P. Not to mention the other Dwarf clans take some focus of the Orcs away from you.

In comparison Vampires have no beneficial terrain as it's all open and your attacked / hostile from all sides bar the east.

Earlier Dwarf units are a lot stronger too with exception of the one Vargulf Mannfred gets.
    Dwarfs left my VC alone sofar (turn 100+, Hard). Have a military alliance with Ostland (who love me for destroying their human enemies) who control the north-east of the empire leaving me with only one direction of threat (the west) where the Empire has now been purged.

The big thing imo is to completely ignore the chapter goal of having X wars because that is asking for trouble. If you leave people alone they tend not to bother you.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if its so much the battles its the convoluted tech tree compared to VC, the awkward start - I never know whether to push to 6 towns or stick at 3, the story battle is out of the way and requires a bit of a walk compared to VC which slows down my routine and the constant risk at being attacked by orcs. Also what to prioritise with building, I know what to do with VC now but I can't quite figure it out with dwarfs.

I'll take your army comp advice on board after I finally finish a VC game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Here is a blog they made regarding that, http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War...e_Content_Blog

i think Beastmen will come after Bretonnia and maby Woodelves or Skaven then no more untill next game where they will expand the map with more land like Ulthuan, Naggaroth and Lustria etc etc. So 4 races per game then a few that they will sell as dlc or as freelc.
    Skaven keep stealing population from all races and leaving their mark, causing population negative effect in game. So I feel like Skaven might be too major a race, to be added as DLC for this. They're being set up in this game though.

10+ Year Old Account
    im so in love with this game, was waiting forever <3 i keep starting over because lol wut thats fun, currently purging the vampires before i push north to attack chaos! greenskins are huge atm, and the dwarves seem a world away, it feels like im the only one doing stuff xD

(edit: i'd love to see some elves first as DLC, we'd have quite the variety of races by then) pls they so purdy
    Last edited by Cien; 2016-05-30 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Skaven keep stealing population from all races and leaving their mark, causing population negative effect in game. So I feel like Skaven might be too major a race, to be added as DLC for this. They're being set up in this game though.
    Yeah i have been seeing that to, nice little hints about skaven. Would love to see some hell pit abomination's and Screaming Bell's.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Dwarfs also get attacked by them. I can't remember the Dwarf word, but one time Karaz-a-Karak had all its buildings damaged and it gave a message that said something along the lines of "An ancient enemy, the (Dwarf word for Skaven) have attacked" or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, although I honestly fucking love this game, I am not able to enjoy it 100% yet, because of the broken questlines...
    It's a random bug, that it has to do with quests that rewards you the three epic items for your Legendary Lord. So far I have completed an Empire long campaign on hard, and started several others, without being able to aqquire a single epic item. The quest shows up (no always, some times it may not show up at all), but I can't complete it no matter what i do, i just can't.

Seriously it's very annoying, it ruins the campaign experience for me. I wasted 20+ hours on my first playthrough and I wasn't even aware that this is a bug, I thought I did something wrong, but this doesn't seem to be the case since many others have the same problem. And it made me sad because I realized that I missed many cool quest battles for my Lord!

I'll just wait for a fix before jumping to a new campaign, hopefully it's going to come soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Unfortunately, although I honestly fucking love this game, I am not able to enjoy it 100% yet, because of the broken questlines...
    It's a random bug, that it has to do with quests that rewards you the three epic items for your Legendary Lord. So far I have completed an Empire long campaign on hard, and started several others, without being able to aqquire a single epic item. The quest shows up (no always, some times it may not show up at all), but I can't complete no matter what i do, i just can't.

Seriously it's very annoying, it ruins the campaign experience for me. I wasted 20+ hours on my first playthrough and I wasn't even aware that this is a bug, I thought I did something wrong, but this doesn't seem to be the case since many others have the same problem. And it made me sad because I realized that I missed many cool quest battles for my Lord!

I'll just wait for a fix before jumping to a new campaign, hopefully it's going to come soon.
    What do you mean you can't? Like you do the objective and it doesn't count or you can't do the objective? Because on my empire play through I completed all three quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    What do you mean you can't? Like you do the objective and it doesn't count or you can't do the objective? Because on my empire play through I completed all three quests.
    Yeah, I do exactly what the objective asks me to do and it just doesn't count. It's a random bug that can happen to anyone unfortunately, there are many reports on the official support forums. There are people that didn't have that bug on their first campaign but they experienced it later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    The Dwarfs also get attacked by them. I can't remember the Dwarf word, but one time Karaz-a-Karak had all its buildings damaged and it gave a message that said something along the lines of "An ancient enemy, the (Dwarf word for Skaven) have attacked" or whatever.
    Yeah only the dwarves message for this event actually has a name used. But I think the dwarf word for Skaven is Rak, or atleast I think it means Rat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah only the dwarves message for this event actually has a name used. But I think the dwarf word for Skaven is Rak, or atleast I think it means Rat.
    Just looked it up, the word was Thaggoraki, which means Ratmen.