Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    for everyone here going "they would get rid of much more gold if they made the spider 200k"

thats not the point...

pvpers have the gladiator mounts to show off
    pveers have the mythic/heroic/acheivment mounts to show off
    gold makers now have the spider to show off

its like a lambroghini, its super exspensive, no where near worth that much, but its a thing you can show off to say "yeah i have 2 million gold i can just throw around"

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    You are missing the entire point of this vendor. It's not meant to be a gold sink, when the blue poster talked about this and said that the price is not going to change, he said their goal with this was not to make it a gold sink but rather a vanity reward aimed at people with millions of gold if they want to buy it.
    Is it not weird that they are so strongly committed to that price so early? Aren't the Blue's normally the ones bitching and moaning about people assuming things are set in stone? Such a weird, new, stance for them to take on this...

And while that's normally a safe statement to make -- that's a new entire mount. It's not a re-color. That's a fair amount of resources to invest into something for so few people to own, wouldn't you agree?

- - - Updated - - -

They have always made exclusive rewards.. This is nothing new at all, only top .5% of the pvp ladder get gladiator mounts, and only top mythic raiders get mythic end boss mounts until the next expansion where a few more will get them from farming the 1% chance.

Only difference is that now gold farmers have an exclusive reward if they want to buy it. If you don't have millions of gold then this is not meant for you.
    Aren't those usually recolors?

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    Is it not weird that they are so strongly committed to that price so early? Aren't the Blue's normally the ones bitching and moaning about people assuming things are set in stone? Such a weird, new, stance for them to take on this...

And while that's normally a safe statement to make -- that's a new entire mount. It's not a re-color. That's a fair amount of resources to invest into something for so few people to own, wouldn't you agree?
    For the first part, no. The devs literally never "bitch and moan" that things are not set in stone. In fact, it's not even remotely rare that they make a statement about something that's unlikely to change.

Secondly, of course it's a unique model. There would be no point in a 2 million gold mount if you could just get a recolor of it from doing a dungeon. So no, I would not agree on that.

i enjoyed the movie. Went in without expectations or bias and enjoyed it.

Deleted
    Wouldn't waste so much Gold, even if I had 20 toons with goldcap. Don't get the rage about this, at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Warcraft Extended Edition YES PLEASE!
    +1.
    I cant wait to see that, the movie was great, but I could watch it for another hour easily.

For the first part, no. The devs literally never "bitch and moan" that things are not set in stone. In fact, it's not even remotely rare that they make a statement about something that's unlikely to change.

Secondly, of course it's a unique model. There would be no point in a 2 million gold mount if you could just get a recolor of it from doing a dungeon. So no, I would not agree on that.
    That has not been my experience with reading their snarky-ness about alpha and beta situations. All in all, I'm going to have to disagree but w/e, you're entitled to your opinion on it.

So, just to be clear, they made a unique model that few people are going to own? That must have been an interesting pitch to management. Invest resources for a new model and artwork on something that is going to be unique.

I seem to recall them saying they don't plan on doing recolors of it. That must be some board teams... because I can't imagine that being a normal sane decision for anyone to make.

Sure am tired of random stat BS on crafted gear.

Sorcerous Shadowruby Pendant
    Use: Cast a random damaging spell at your target. (5 min cooldown) -
    wow very interesting fun!
    Blessed Dawnlight Medallion
    Use: Heal yourself for 91,112, and restore 91,112 Mana. (5 min cooldown)
    - nice utility wow!
    Twisted Pandemonite Choker
    Equip: Heal for 174,681 when your summoned demon dies. -
    more utility wow nice!
    Subtle Shadowruby Pendant
    Equip: When you land a killing blow on an enemy that yields experience or honor, the cooldown of Sprint is reduced by 30 seconds. -
    dang thats really cool nice!
    Tranquil Necklace of Prophecy
    Equip: Roll, Chi Torpedo, or jumping heals you for 58,227. Can only occur once every 20 sec.
    - pretty damn good wow!
    Vindictive Pandemonite Choker
    Use: Reflect 616 Chaos damage back to attackers. Lasts 60 sec. (5 min cooldown) -
    lol? low damage but im sure its a tooltip fix! good!
    Sylvan Maelstrom Amulet
    Equip: Increases Versatility rating by 1,000. This effect is tripled when outdoors. -
    WOW really good!
    Intrepid Necklace of Prophecy
    Equip: Your pet enrages when fighting creatures of the same family, increasing its damage by 50% for 15 sec. -
    situational pretty good still!
    Ancient Maelstrom Amulet
    Equip: Regenerate health while swimming or standing in water. -
    ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    Righteous Dawnlight Medallion
    Equip: Chance on being hit to blind your enemy for 5 sec. -
    wow really good!
    Raging Furystone Gorget
    Equip: Charge and Intercept generate 100% more Rage. -
    damn thats cool!
    Grim Furystone Gorget
    Equip: Increase run spead by 20% when below 35% health. -
    WOW.

Why does Blizzard hate shamans?
    Literally every other class has a good effects.
    Is this a fucking joke???

This subject has already been discussed ffs ...

Making gold is a legitimate thing in this game. Finally something for gold makers to brag about. But yeah, watch me whine!

Quote Originally Posted by Zanname View Post
    Totally agree! It feels like orcs are Blizzards most favorite in World of Warcraft with Thrall being forever good character. Blizz didnt mind destroying some good characters (even Jaina had to go crazy though one would think she would be last to do it), making them often enemy bosses but somehow Thrall is this one good forever character. Even if I like Thrall character there is too much of him everywhere...

I would prefer to see movie with Night Elf focus as they got very long and complicated story. Then we got interesting Dreanei, human with Arthas and Jaina to make some heroic movie, even worgen and trolls are less exploited than orcs. Orcs are just boring and besides their demonic corruption there is no special background to them, just barbarians.
    So true and it seems they did their best to leave out and rarely mention demons if at all when it comes to orcs. One of the main things that made their generic orcs more interesting they pushed back to nothing more than a random mention.

You can tell where the focus is on this movie and it being a split between orcs and humans is a bit of a stretch. The focus was orcs. The money went into orcs and their lines and their screen time. The human script and scenes are hardly worth mentioning if you read reviews. This was always an orc movie not a version for both.

"Thrall would be an interesting character to focus on in one of the next two movies."

No, just no. We have had enough WoW Jesus. Give us someone actually interesting.

Horde

Cool Jewelcrafting necks. They all have really interesting effects, but some of them are pretty bad. I wish they weren't class-specific. I'd love to have that mage one (cast a random spell) on my elemental shaman, while the shaman one (heal when you're in water) is a really cool idea, but probably pretty bad in practice. I applaud their ingenuity though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky View Post
    Literally every other class has a good effects.
    Is this a fucking joke???
    Err, the Warlock one is extremely pointless. Demons barely die and if they do we can pop a new one instantly. When a pet dies the lock almost never has lower health as the pet was tanking up till that time (hence why it died in the first place). Now if it gave a shard it would maybe help a bit with questing.
    I will probably get it for the stats till raid gear, but I do not expect it to actually give a helpful proc at any point in time.

Shaman and Warlock ones don't really help with questing all that much as most other necks do. But at least Shaman one has some situational use in a few zones. Warlock one.. not at all.

Ancient Maelstrom Amulet
    Equip: Regenerate health while swimming or standing in water.
    Maybe fair if Healing Rain triggers it.
    And if that's the case, thinking solo, Enhance can have it via talent and Elemental can go to hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixy View Post
    +1.
    I cant wait to see that, the movie was great, but I could watch it for another hour easily.
    Please. Never have children. That film was pathetic by even cash grab standards. They should have just let Micheal Bay do the movie. It would still have been terrible, but at least it would have made...

I wonder why to considering Thrall is one.

As for the pricing ..... my dream of riding a spider has gone down the drain .... I really wish I knew the meaning of saving my gold instead of spending it on the AH XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess Madman's Luggage is the epic-quality bag, period, for Legion since there is no BoE equivalent. =/
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

I'm debating on getting the spider mount, but I NEED that prismatic bauble for my feral main. I'll probably never get the pet (A riverbeast? Really?) and the luggage is laughable.

But casting this and dash and I get 20 seconds of Nyancat? So much love. I needs it, precious...