Thread: New Top gear

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

New Top gear

The new series of top gear aired today. I wasn't able to watch it. I'm going to watch it later on BBC iPlayer. Just wanted to get the thoughts of those who did watch it. Was it worth watching? How has the format of the show changed? Any new segments?
    Last edited by mmoca1dceb134b; 2016-05-29 at 08:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    I've heard that it was very disliked, especially Chris Evans.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't watched it, but was texting with a friend who was watching it, he wasn't sure if he liked it or not, then though, "matt le blanc is terrible, just awful", his final words on the matter were "i know now .... it's shit".

Deleted
    From what I read, Chris Evans tried to be Jeremy Clarkson, all the stuff they did in the show were ripoffs and copies of stuff that were done before on Clarkson's show, and all in all it was just bad.

In other words, just as expected. Doubt this "rebranded" show will last. Come on Amazon, give us some real Top Gear already.

Deleted
    matt leblanc was alright.. terrible start though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Illuminati View Post
    I've heard that it was very disliked, especially Chris Evans.
    I've hated Chris Evans since he married Billy Piper, I always thought he was a perving on her.

ps: as Clarkson said him self, he wants it to succeed since he will still be payed for each episode.

Deleted
    Reckon the viewing figures for the first episode will be massive and each ensuing episode will drop significantly as people come to the obvious conclusion that it's a sad attempt to capture what made top gear great while altogether missing the point.

Odds on them making a racist or sexist statement / inuendo in an attempt to seem edgy despite their cast looking like a diversity cartoon for children?

I managed 10 minutes or so, it's fine, but the presenters are all either dull or too grating for me.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I managed 10 minutes or so, it's fine, but the presenters are all either dull or too grating for me.
    I read a Guardian live blog on it (it popped up on my google now for some reason so i figured why not) and I'd say a good 30% of the comments I read said the same thing, they switched it off early.

So its failing all ready
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

The only reason i watched past the first few min was because i was waiting for GoT to download, feels like a shitty copy of the old one with 0 passion.

Deleted
    Soi got around to watching it. I didn't have a problem with matt le blanc. He wasnt loud obnoxious or trying too hard. However, I couldn't take Chris talking for soo long. He was trying to hype everything , being enthusiastic, but the pitch of his voice constantly changing was too much for me. Just made me cringe. Would be a lot better if he toned it down a bit.

Deleted
    Just watched it. Terrible.

Presenters:

Chris was shouting and jumping around all the time. His jokes were not funny and felt forced. Being a car show presenter is clearly not for him.

Matt was standing still saying few lines. Though in desert segment where he was alone, he was quite good. I think he'd make a good presenter, but only if Chris is removed.

There were supposed to be more presenters, we'll probably see them in upcoming shows. Sabine appeared in one segment and she seemed good, but it was too short to judge her.

Show:

Terrible. In studio it felt like on some low budget game show.

Challenge was dull. Idea was bad, presentation was bad. Camera work was awesome as usual.

Race was pointless. Barely any information about cars (and it was bad choice of cars), felt too scripted.

Guest stars tried their best to save guest part of show, but Chris managed to ruin even that part.

Matt's desert segment was good. The only good thing about first episode.

Conclusion:

Looking forward to purchasing Amazon Prime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Matt LeBlanc was decent, Chris Evans needs to be dropped though. I hope to see more of Chris Harris in the future, I was a fan of his YouTube channel so hope he'll be given a bigger chance. Don't really care for Sabine Schmitz really.

Honestly, I have always doubted that the new cast would be ever be as good. So I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the new series isn't not great.

The previous three have had years of working together combined with a degree of natural chemistry on the show that makes it really hard for anyone to beat.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was terrible Chris evans completely ruined it by trying to be jeremy clarkson and being a total dick. while not actually being funny

10+ Year Old Account
    They should maybe just focus a bit more on the car reviews and motoring things instead of the personality of the presenters maybe?

Like.. I'd be fine with that since we can still see Clarkson and co in their separate show later, goofing around and being adorable as usual.

the only reason i watched top gear WAS the presenters...there really wasnt that much car info in there if you are critical and most of the cars reviewed were so expensive you'd never be able to own them. The only car i saw i actually owned was a lexus and they made fun of it heh.

Theres no reason to watch this new one as its not the "show" that was good, but the people

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    They should maybe just focus a bit more on the car reviews and motoring things instead of the personality of the presenters maybe?
    That's called Fifth Gear.

The only reason Top Gear became successful was because of Clarkson. Clarkson and his personality are what dug Top Gear out of the hole it was in, and it was the personalities of the three presenters and their outrageous adventures that made Top Gear what it was. Meanwhile, Fifth Gear was showing as well, and it has no charisma and nothing similar at all; it's like some cheap car part franchise catalog. It has those car reviews and "motoring things" you're after.

It's basically this:

Just as exciting and riveting.

Anyways, no reason to make another Fifth Gear. And, as it stands, they've failed to keep Top Gear as what it was supposed to be. Their viewerships are going to plummet and I think it'll be a slow death for the show. First BBC is going to cut their budget to about one tenth of what it was and then it'll face cancellation. It'll survive this season and maybe another. Three at most.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-05-30 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    That's called Fifth Gear.

The only reason Top Gear became successful was because of Clarkson. Clarkson and his personality are what dug Top Gear out of the hole it was in, and it was the personalities of the three presenters and their outrageous adventures that made Top Gear what it was. Meanwhile, Fifth Gear was showing as well, and it has no charisma and nothing similar at all; it's like some cheap car part franchise catalog. It has those car reviews and "motoring things" you're after.

It's basically this:

Just as exciting and riveting.

Anyways, no reason to make another Fifth Gear. And, as it stands, they've failed to keep Top Gear as what it was supposed to be. Their viewerships are going to plummet and I think it'll be a slow death for the show. First BBC is going to cut their budget to about one tenth of what it was and then it'll face cancellation. It'll survive this season and maybe another. Three at most.
    And what's with a Star in an Off Road Car! Thumbs down to that one.