Poll: What should be done with heirlooms?

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    this is pretty much true. i mean, i'm obviously stronger than a non-heirloom geared person, but it's not insurmountable. my friend with fully enchanted heirlooms is truly unstoppable.

though, it's also pretty dependent on class as well. some classes are just really op in low level stuff.
    Well imo class wise 60-79l-89 lvl brackets are balanced. Even WW Monk which is pretty bad in bgs at 100lvl is good at 60-79lvl

From my exp twinks prefer Mages/Hunters/DKs/Warriors/Rogues/FeralDruids at 70-79lvl. WW Monks and Prot Warriors might be best for 60-69lvl

As for Heirlooms i guess BOPgear+Gems+Enchants > Heirlooms without enchants/gems.

Blue gear from dungeons scale differently at 60-89 compare to 90-99 and 100 (90-99 also have alot twinks with crafted 705ilvl weapons and 715ilvl gear who one shoting 630ilvl geared ppl)

I mean Heirlooms and Blue gear are equal at 60-89, but Gear with gems and enchants counters them both
    Last edited by Luckx; 2016-05-30 at 05:49 PM.

Deleted
    Keep the experience bonuses but reduce the stats they provide.
    However I dont think it should be done. Those who have completed all zones already multiple times and see leveling a new character as a burden, yet still want to experience end-game content, should not be punished. And dont tell them to buy an instant level 100, not all of us have the cash.

Heirlooms exist for the sake of leveling up ALTS fast... that means not having to worry about gearing up through dungeons and questing. What's the point of getting gear from leveling dungeons if they'll just be obsolete pretty quick?

And with regards of people saying to nerf their stats... they're the same stats as a blue of that level...

And, as many have already said... if you're finding your leveling experience using heirlooms too fast... why are you using heirlooms then ?

Deleted
    Give all new characters basic heirloom gear 1-60, Scale the world/dungeons around everyone having the same power. Make the potions of XP around the same as full looms and let the AH decide on price. If you want the boost its still available.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    In a recent interview with Jesse Cox, Ion noted that levelling is broken and heirlooms contribute to the problem. Levelling is no longer a barrier to entry every time a new expansion comes out, as each expansion now comes with a free boost. I enjoy collecting the heirlooms and upgrading them, but I agree that they speed levelling way too much (and I enjoy levelling), and they are a little TOO rewarding considering how easy most of them are to get.

What would you do with heirlooms?
    The game has evolved in a way that levering is for a small fraction of the playerbase ... most of us just want to get to max level so we can play the content and .. have fun.

Why is this? because levering (now) is a single player experience, all the good stuff happens at max level and I do have the best solution for people that want to level slow ... don't ... use ... heirlooms (problem solved)

I like looms as they are, but some people don't like how quickly they gain levels while wearing them. Maybe have an ability/ option to get one without xp bonus, or scale the xp bonus based on level range so it takes the same/equivalent amount of time/ #of quests or dungeons to gain a level.

Honestly, the folks who take the time and effort to purchase a full set of max level heirlooms likely have little to no interest in actually leveling and just want to steamroll to max level. If people really wanted to level normally, just a little easier they'd not use heirlooms and just purchase gear on the AH or target the quests with gear rewards while leveling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Then create caps for levels so stats can't surpass where they're not meant to or just plainly restrict heirlooms from pvp/reduce their effect in pvp. Don't screw over the vast majority of this game because of a small group.
    Disabled from pvp would be an excellent idea, but it would mean keeping a secondary set of armor just for a bg.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Keep the experience bonuses but reduce the stats they provide.
    However I dont think it should be done. Those who have completed all zones already multiple times and see leveling a new character as a burden, yet still want to experience end-game content, should not be punished. And dont tell them to buy an instant level 100, not all of us have the cash.
    It's your fault for making 20 alts and then getting tired of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Then what about if I want to do a dungeon or battleground? Is everyone going to do the same?

No, and that's perfectly fine. You don't get a voice in how people choose to play the game; if you don't want to use heirlooms that is your choice. You do not get to make that choice for others.

This is something I wish the general MMO-C userbase would get through their heads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's my take on it:

Heirlooms are too strong, both in EXP bonus and stats. Quests and quest mobs are rather dull on the lower end and don't really push you to learn your class in any fashion.

My idea on a solution:

Increase HP of the enemies, so that it requires solid dps to break them down and make an optimal rotation/priority list actually make things faster. Reduce the stats on heirlooms, but still be worth using over most quest greens (especially since they scale). Reduce the EXP bonus from heirlooms, so that you may still out level a zone, but it wouldn't be as drastic as skipping the next zone entirely. Provide a healer AND tank bonus permanently to sub-max level dungeon runs, so that players wanting to level as either of those specs can run content that needs them the most while leveling at a similar pace as those dps that go through questing (this would be great for helping low level dungeon queues, imo). Or for tanks and healers, provide a passive stance/aura that allows them to manage dps on par with a dps class ONLY when doing solo play (turning it off automatically when in a party).
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Why mess with them at all? They are a perk to speed up leveling alts. If you want to play slower, don't use them, or use a certain combination for what you want to do.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The "don't like them, don't use them" argument doesn't fly. Why?

When was the last time most people were out solo-leveling doing quests in old zones? Probably before heirlooms and LFD, aside from the odd playthrough during Cata to see the new stuff.

People use heirlooms and spam dungeons. That is the most efficient way to level. If you are saying you don't like taking time to level an alt, then argue you are out enjoying the quests, you are full of it. We all know you are sitting in a city and spamming dungeon queues repeatedly in your full OP set of armor. That is the fastest way.

Once you realize that, then you see that heirlooms are no longer something that only effects the person making the choice. If I choose to not use heirlooms, their use will be forced on me by dungeon groups (and before you accuse me of spamming dungeons myself, you can do them once or twice while doing quests, you know). It doesn't matter if they are demanding I wear them or they are cool with my lower dps, the other group members' use of them speeds me through the dungeon too, whether or not I want to be sped through. Meaning they are forced on me regardless.
    Last edited by Chain Chungus; 2016-05-30 at 09:16 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargas View Post
    No, and that's perfectly fine. You don't get a voice in how people choose to play the game; if you don't want to use heirlooms that is your choice. You do not get to make that choice for others.

This is something I wish the general MMO-C userbase would get through their heads.
    But your voice is allowed to be heard? My opinion was asked and i gave it, if you dont like it then jog on and dont reply.

Don't like them? Dont use them... This cannot be overstated

even with bunk reasons like 'i'm being sped through dungeons' you know what the deal is, get a group of pure friends and game with them. dont ruin the game for everyone else cause you have the option to not use something.

it also isnt my problem that you feel compelled to use the benefits of heirlooms then complain about them, this is the most absurd line of thinking ever: you recognize the dramatic benefits as more of a pro than a negative, but you need someone else(game designers) to prevent you from using them? YOU PROBLEM

Stop destroying stuff because you have no self control
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

We've been leveling for 11 years now, I don't think its time to make it take longer ...

They should just give an account wide +10% xp buff for every character that is at max level. Like if you had 7 characters at max level your other characters would have a 70% xp buff.
    Last edited by Raone; 2016-05-31 at 06:44 AM.

I don't think heirlooms are the only piece of the puzzle.
    1. The quest revamp in Cata - in my mind this was the deathblow to leveling.
    2. The Stat Squish, the formula they used to calculate the power at a particular level tended to make everything more powerful at low levels, and they were ok with that.

Or people could try not using them. They are a perk for those that mostly have leveled at least one character to max level, or at least to the point to either have the money to buy them outright or enough DMF tickets to grab all the pieces. Why should something that is a reward for taking the time and effort to level a character enough to get the gold or resources to buy the heirlooms be punished? They aren't mandatory, you don't have to use them, so why should those of us that want to use them since we've leveled multiple characters to max level and don't feel like going thru the entire process for the 20th time have to. I for one don't have the cash to constantly drop the dollars needed to boost multiple characters up to max level. However I have played the game for 10 years so I have a fair chunk of gold and tickets to buy the heirlooms and put them on new characters. So please... why should they be tuned? They aren't a requirement!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Then what about if I want to do a dungeon or battleground? Is everyone going to do the same?
    Does it matter at low level? So because you choose to not use heirlooms and do a battleground at low level or a dungeon and want it to go slow the rest of the community should be aware of what "YOU" want and take them off..... Oh wait guys, JoeSnuffy doesn't want to use heirlooms and wants to experience leveling thru questing and dungeons like back in the Vanilla/TBC/Wrath days.... everybody take off your gear, don't want to dampen Joe's feeling of leveling. Yeah, that'll work.... I for one would laugh and say go back to questing by yourself, while you're chilling at level 40, I'll be level 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    In a recent interview with Jesse Cox, Ion noted that levelling is broken and heirlooms contribute to the problem.
    Another non-problem which they will spend enormous amounts of time "solving". Then perhaps changing or removing "the solution" because many won't like it.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    leave them as they are. Looms are optional.
    Just as optional as a job is today. You can live off welfare, but are you? Nope.
    Hence, it's not optional.