Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    would be cool that our killing blows had a knockback effect
    Don't expect that happening before Monks get it. Fists of Fury literally beg for that to happen. It appears that it has gameplay limitation technical restrictions at the moment, because for example you have to loot the enemy too and being thrown off might prevent that so they might have to fix that collision detection related area first yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    I wanted to punch him in the face when he called Khadgar a wizard, if you're making a fucking warcraft movie at least get the names right. Ruined the entire awesomeness of the visual effects for me.
    Bwah? Mage and Wizard are basically synonyms.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the Arcane Mages would be cool that our killing blows had a knockback effect associated to the spell that killed the foe, something like:

In fact Fire Mages already have a vanity effect: the corpses of their enemies are carbonized and smolder...
    if only our arcane blast looked like that, but im not sure i'd trade a travel time for a visual effect like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Id actually prefer if our enemies just turned into a pile of purple dust, very similar to what the focusing iris does.

Maybe blue dust, but similar to the ashbringer, where our magic basically just turns them into a purple/blue arcane dust.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    if only our arcane blast looked like that, but im not sure i'd trade a travel time for a visual effect like it.
    Well, theoretically the spell that Khadgar is using in that gif is a bluish [Arcane Barrage], but yes, the knockback effect is so cool, for that reason I suggested that our enemies die that way

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Seriously, you guys are arguing over whether or not he's a wizard or a mage? Christ, the two words mean the exact same thing. It doesn't matter one freaking bit; it's the same thing, different word. Same goes for other terms, like Invoker, Sorcerer, Arcanist etc,- it's the same thing. Hell even in other games they've been very inconsistant. In Warcraft 1 they were Conjurers, in Warcraft 2 mages and so on and so forth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    Bwah? Mage and Wizard are basically synonyms.
    Not just basically, they are exacy synonyms.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, theoretically the spell that Khadgar is using in that gif is a bluish [Arcane Barrage], but yes, the knockback effect is so cool, for that reason I suggested that our enemies die that way
    Coming from someone who saw the movie, the large portion of the "Mage spells" used in the movie don't even exist in-game. Some of them can be very loosely interpreted as being certain spells that we know from WoW. That being said, it doesn't really need to be advocated for that those movie spells be magically integrated in-game. Movie effects honestly have nothing to do with nor should represent what in-game spells are simply because movies intentionally make CGI impressive with knockbacks, explosions, etc, otherwise it'd be boring entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothex View Post
    Coming from someone who saw the movie, the large portion of the "Mage spells" used in the movie don't even exist in-game. Some of them can be very loosely interpreted as being certain spells that we know from WoW. That being said, it doesn't really need to be advocated for that those movie spells be magically integrated in-game. Movie effects honestly have nothing to do with nor should represent what in-game spells are simply because movies intentionally make CGI impressive with knockbacks, explosions, etc, otherwise it'd be boring entertainment.
    Well Khadgar spells at the beginning of WoD are also non-existant for the mage players. And yes many things in the movie are not in WoW, dunno if we could say it's because of how powerful are supposed to be Medivh and Guldan.

I'm pretty sure Pandarens move their mouths when casting some spells.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Pretty sure Medivh casts Cinderstorm at one point.

Mana Shield was also pretty cool.

Deleted
    I laughed when I saw a spell that looked like Ice Block (well, mechanically at least).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whisperingsage View Post
    Mana Shield was also pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I laughed when I saw a spell that looked like Ice Block (well, mechanically at least).
    Both of you are referring to the same spell? I mean, the [Mage Shield] spell that Medivh uses at "Heroes of The Storm"...

Deleted
    Both of you are referring to the same spell? I mean, the [Mage Shield] spell that Medivh uses at "Heroes of The Storm"...
    I found it funny that Durotan tried to enter it but he couldn't. I would think of a regular shield as something that you can enter but it can't be damaged for a while, that's why I thought of block.

The verbal spell casting appears to be very strongly featured in the movie, and it sounds cool. It is supported by the Lore of the game, according to the creators of the movie at least. I wonder if the game should have that as well, because I've never actually noticed it being used that much or implied much, e.g. there could be a "shut his mouth" ability for melees to interrupt a caster.

Here is Lothar from the clip shutting the mouth of Khadgar:

"What are you doing in my city spell chatter?"

this is why IN GAME we "SILENCE" SPELL CASTING...jesus crist think about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Hell even priests have spells called POWER WORD:

personally i rly dont like the talking, wouldve prefered if they did the magic without the phrases

10+ Year Old Account
    New resource mechanic: Chalk and floor.

Chalk must be carried at all times and there must always be enough room on the floor to draw runes in order to cast spells.

For the Arcane Mages would be cool that our killing blows had a knockback effect associated to the spell that killed the foe, something like:

In fact Fire Mages already have a vanity effect: the corpses of their enemies are carbonized and smolder...
    I just want arcane energy pouring out my eyes and mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    The verbal spell casting appears to be very strongly featured in the movie, and it sounds cool. It is supported by the Lore of the game, according to the creators of the movie at least. I wonder if the game should have that as well, because I've never actually noticed it being used that much or implied much, e.g. there could be a "shut his mouth" ability for melees to interrupt a caster.

Here is Lothar from the clip shutting the mouth of Khadgar:

"What are you doing in my city spell chatter?"

Don't care for it, never have. A lot of game systems are entirely doing away with it, so that the only way to interrupt is through stuns, to the extent that the magic is even channelled. In Diablo, for instance, it isn't. D&D at least had a Concentration skill to enable you to prevent interrupts. Their binary nature in WoW tends to make them either completely useless or so prevalent to the point that instants become the mainstay. So this is one fantasy tradition I don't mind seeing die out.

Did you honestly just notice this now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Id actually prefer if our enemies just turned into a pile of purple dust, very similar to what the focusing iris does.

Maybe blue dust, but similar to the ashbringer, where our magic basically just turns them into a purple/blue arcane dust.
    I've long thought a knockback effect would be well suited to the spell due to its visuals.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2016-06-12 at 08:03 PM.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

After he saves them from the orc attack and the orc is telling guldan about khadgar he calls him a warlock, I cringed a little.

He said something like, "their warlock controlled the fel" then guldan flips out and is like "ONLY I CONTROL THE FEL!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    After he saves them from the orc attack and the orc is telling guldan about khadgar he calls him a warlock, I cringed a little.

He said something like, "their warlock controlled the fel" then guldan flips out and is like "ONLY I CONTROL THE FEL!"
    So what? Orcs use the vocabulary they know. They call Llane the chieftain of the humans.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post

Well for starters, orcs have no concept of "mages" by then, not yet. Also, he pretty much just used fel magic there so he could have been easily mistaken for a warlock.