Deleted
    No it does not, but Duncan himself have said the movie only covers the start of the 1st war and it's likely a sequal would have stormwind burning in the start of the movie

Quote Originally Posted by Uthar View Post
    No it does not, but Duncan himself have said the movie only covers the start of the 1st war and it's likely a sequal would have stormwind burning in the start of the movie
    I dunno, I think it might happen in the end, to make a Empire Strikes Back type of middle movie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I dunno, I think it might happen in the end, to make a Empire Strikes Back type of middle movie.
    Yeah might happen, but as long as it happens sometime during the movie im fine

- - - Updated - - -

Also Warcraft was the biggest movie on cinema this week in Sweden and the 4th biggest opening ever from a Universal movie.

Oh look, another little pillock thinking he's smart by comparing Warcraft to LotR.
    https://twitter.com/WorldOfBlackout/...49887776428032

10+ Year Old Account
    Just throwing it in there:

I'm in Scotland, and saw it at midnight last night (or this morning, if that's your thing).

Honestly?

The movie struggles with two really big issues that Jones and the scriptwriters just couldn't get around:

1) The amount of lore, both before and after the setting, for the movie is astonishing.
    2) The expectations of fans force some of the scripting that mightn't otherwise happen.

That being said, both of those problems only marginally held up what was, all things considered, a really good movie. Picking Duncan Jones was something of a masterstroke, because he was able to intelligently make a film that stood on its own among general audiences, but would have added layers of depth for players and fans that can spot certain things. The story as we know it was divorced only slightly in order to accommodate this, but major plot points stayed roughly as expected. This means that both sequels and prequels are easily possible, with nothing meaningful being messed with.

As an example, and I'll use spoiler tags:

Medivh was infected by part of the soul of Sargeras, and this was what caused him to assist the orcs in getting to Azeroth. The film makes no mention of this, but rather than simply deleting the idea, it paints a picture of Fel-influence upsetting Medivh that later COULD be explained as the influence of Sargeras. General audiences don't know this, and don't need to know, but fans aren't left pointing out a continuity error from established lore. It gives fans that extra "something" that general audiences don't get, and I think that's very cool.

There are lots of examples in the film of this being done, and that shows that the material was dealt with maturely and sensibly. Easter eggs were a good laugh, and I enjoyed spotting them (especially the "cameo" appearance of Grommash Hellscream), and my wife got a real kick out of seeing Polymorph being cast thanks to her time with Hearthstone.

The material is awfully unwieldy, however. There are so many characters that Jones tries to give proper airtime to, that some don't really get the type of attention they should probably deserve. And while you find yourself happily getting emotionally engaged with well-developed characters such as Garona, Lothar and Durotan, other characters such as Callan Lothar feel badly undercooked in comparison.

So overall?

A very good 8/10 for me as a fan, and my wife roughly came down around 7/10 as a non-fan.

I think much of the bad reviewing has come from people who were determined that the film was going to be bad, or who ended up on one side of the fence (fan) or the other (non-fan). That's not what Jones shot for, and I think he caught the razor's edge quite nicely with only a few hiccups.

I feel vindicated. If you look back at my past history, 12 months ago I was saying Duncan Jones should never have been let near this project. He's a terrible director. Now everyone knows this movie is a steaming pile of turd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    I feel vindicated. If you look back at my past history, 12 months ago I was saying Duncan Jones should never have been let near this project. He's a terrible director. Now everyone knows this movie is a steaming pile of turd.
    Yet it's doing extremely well worldwide, and audiences are enjoying it.

But this is not a bad movie

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    Yeah, that's what happend when studio cuts down more than 40min of the movie.
    Buildup of Draenor, the scenes from trailer and SCDD are missing. Khadgar was probably introduced seperatly, instead of just "he's here" scene with Lothar. Indepth background of Garona, Alodi explaining Sargeras. Lothar's relationship with his son. More Lothar+garona moments.

All of there things could've easly been in the 40 missing minutes.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Really enjoyed it, there was a couple of slightly major lore things (even for their own unvierse) like-

Drek'thar not appearing.
    The portal closing
    Sargares/ guardian being killed by a clay golem...

Despite that, I loved seeing all the different areas and even murlocs and polymorphs! :P
    X being killed by an Z isn't that different from getting his head chopped off by Y.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Then why does the audience who have watched the move like it, even non fans, some liking it more then the fans and the movie is nr 1 in all countries it have been released to, even breaking records in some of them? The critics are even not very negative in the countries where they have the movie. The general score from them is 3/5. The movie is like some of the youtube reviews a flawed gem. It's good but somethings could have been made better.

Anyone on Neogaf? Tell these people to go watch it and not doubt it

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1225671

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Just have finished watching an English camrip, quite painful experience without subtitles.
    I give the movie

4/10

What is good: protagonist CGI, Karazhan, Stormwind, (not Dalaran though), Warlords cameos.

What is bad: everything else. In particular:
    - Exterior scenes lack depth - everything in background is blurred, in dark, or covered in grime.
    - Very questionable interiors - obvious cardboard job, lack of functionality.
    - Griffons and Wolves are simply bad. Griffons are making jet fighter sound quite unbecoming of a bird of pray.
    - Lack of humor - there are like 2 funny scenes in the entire movie - Garona the Translator and defiant Thrall in the extra scene.
    - Lack of emotions - most characters have pokerfaces throughout all the action. The King is not charismatic, looks like shit (there never were kings that looked like shit), and his excuse for the crown suits him like a saddle to a cow.
    - Battle scenes - the Stormwind army is consisting of infantry only, with a bunch of mounted officers. The said infantry attack in one formation only: scattered. There is no ranks, marching in formation, battlemages, even cavalry able to charge. They have shields, but never use them (except one turtle scene). Lances are unknown in the WoW, and infantry fights with glaives apparently seized from the nightwatch. Arblesters and spearthrowers are missing entirely, but the infantry unexplainably has muzzle-loading handguns, despite Lothar being shown the prototype just before the events unfurl.
    - General goofiness - most of Garona oneliners, the end of Medivh fight, Mak'gora #2, Mak'gora #1 it begged for a coup-de-grace that never came, and sadly everything else, black general, the entire war room.
    - Soundtrack. It wasn't catchy or particularly impressive, which is bad.

As a general note, the story was unconvincing, the execution was shoddy, and attempts to paint the Horde as something more than psycho murderers were vain.
    dafuq? I'm sorry but why do these posts? It certainly makes me more inclined to go see it, and I have done it twice already this weekend, would have gone a 3rd time but was someone's birthday this weekend..

- - - Updated - - -

Am I repying to the same person again? Anyways viewers disagree.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post

I'm in Scotland, and saw it at midnight last night (or this morning, if that's your thing).

Honestly?

The movie struggles with two really big issues that Jones and the scriptwriters just couldn't get around:

1) The amount of lore, both before and after the setting, for the movie is astonishing.
    2) The expectations of fans force some of the scripting that mightn't otherwise happen.

That being said, both of those problems only marginally held up what was, all things considered, a really good movie. Picking Duncan Jones was something of a masterstroke, because he was able to intelligently make a film that stood on its own among general audiences, but would have added layers of depth for players and fans that can spot certain things. The story as we know it was divorced only slightly in order to accommodate this, but major plot points stayed roughly as expected. This means that both sequels and prequels are easily possible, with nothing meaningful being messed with.

As an example, and I'll use spoiler tags:

Medivh was infected by part of the soul of Sargeras, and this was what caused him to assist the orcs in getting to Azeroth. The film makes no mention of this, but rather than simply deleting the idea, it paints a picture of Fel-influence upsetting Medivh that later COULD be explained as the influence of Sargeras. General audiences don't know this, and don't need to know, but fans aren't left pointing out a continuity error from established lore. It gives fans that extra "something" that general audiences don't get, and I think that's very cool.

There are lots of examples in the film of this being done, and that shows that the material was dealt with maturely and sensibly. Easter eggs were a good laugh, and I enjoyed spotting them (especially the "cameo" appearance of Grommash Hellscream), and my wife got a real kick out of seeing Polymorph being cast thanks to her time with Hearthstone.

The material is awfully unwieldy, however. There are so many characters that Jones tries to give proper airtime to, that some don't really get the type of attention they should probably deserve. And while you find yourself happily getting emotionally engaged with well-developed characters such as Garona, Lothar and Durotan, other characters such as Callan Lothar feel badly undercooked in comparison.

So overall?

A very good 8/10 for me as a fan, and my wife roughly came down around 7/10 as a non-fan.

I think much of the bad reviewing has come from people who were determined that the film was going to be bad, or who ended up on one side of the fence (fan) or the other (non-fan). That's not what Jones shot for, and I think he caught the razor's edge quite nicely with only a few hiccups.
    40 minutes was cut out of the movie...so yeah..I won't give final judgement until I see the extended version...sometimes they can make a big difference like in the last Hobbit movie (bofa), the extended version made a much much better movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    still playing wow after 11 years went and saw the movie today (uk) i enjoyed the movie even the lore bits they changed only complaint i have is its not long enough.

glad i dont listen to critics and make my own mind up about what i enjoy

Deleted
    Haters should take the time to create new accounts and post somewhere a little bit before coming there to spit on the movie, because it feels like they're like only 2 or 3 always spamming the same shit.

Oh wait, that's because they are.

Deleted
    When we will know how the movie did in UK?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shady View Post
    When we will know how the movie did in UK?

No clue....US data appears immediately. It takes a day or two for Europe. Ofcourse there might not be anything for just one day..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    I am only afraid of the US market. I am very afraid they won't go watch it...
    Do they even matter at this point?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uthar View Post
    Yeah might happen, but as long as it happens sometime during the movie im fine

- - - Updated - - -

Also Warcraft was the biggest movie on cinema this week in Sweden and the 4th biggest opening ever from a Universal movie.
    Same in Germany nearly 500000 people visited the cinema for warcraft.
    American hope alice only got 150000 as second in germany.

US-audience is quite strange if Alice is hyped that much

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, this is a first. Going to see the WarCraft movie tomorrow again, which I have never, ever done before with any movie in the cinemas. Going to be fun finding more of the Easter Eggs that I missed. =P